Chelmsford committees to meet tonight on FY10 budget

Full story: Lowell Sun

Craig J. "Barney" Lewis, a Dracut rural letter carrier with the United States Postal Service, recently earned a commendation in appreciation of his years of service to the Employee Involvement Quality of Work ...
Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Dec 11, 2008
Spread the pain

Lowell, MA

#1 Dec 11, 2008
3 MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION: So what have the non-union town employees / town officials and the residents without kids in the school system, businesses been asked to sacrifice?
Oncechelmsford

Bedford, MA

#2 Dec 11, 2008
Dont forget about the 7 million dolla'
water plant dumped in our laps. That alone should save some hack jobs in town.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#3 Dec 11, 2008
Spread the pain wrote:
3 MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION: So what have the non-union town employees / town officials and the residents without kids in the school system, businesses been asked to sacrifice?
Are you serious?
Answer

Claremont, NH

#4 Dec 11, 2008
Spread the pain wrote:
Actually ...without even being asked , they have sacrificed millions to pay taxes that support the overpaid, overstaffed,overbenefited unions for years and years . Modern day Unions have killed this Country , and they are too ignorant to admit it .
What

Chelmsford, MA

#5 Dec 11, 2008
Oncechelmsford wrote:
Dont forget about the 7 million dolla'
water plant dumped in our laps. That alone should save some hack jobs in town.
Whats that all about why are we doing that does anyone know what is going on with that, its not the Town its separate isn't it.
Phil Stanway

Lowell, MA

#6 Dec 11, 2008
I am the self appointed boss of woods and forests.
Answer is a clown

Lowell, MA

#7 Dec 11, 2008
Unions have gotten no raises and higher co-pays. The problem is the selectmen didn't bring in more businesses in town and too many managers.
Its Phil E fault

Lowell, MA

#8 Dec 11, 2008
He loves to egg on the public by blaming the unions for his own mismanagement. The unions have taken a bunch of no raises as well as higher co-pays. This guy doesn't bring in more businesses (like Home Depot), more revenue (ambulance- works in Westford plus his cronies was on the study board),auditorium at the school when it wasn't nessacary, get rid of the north library, teachers they are the only ones that don't take pay cuts like everyone else, plus Phil is a bafoon.
Anti union person

Lowell, MA

#9 Dec 11, 2008
Wow, you are right. It is Phil's fault. I am no longer anti union. I am now anti-selectmen.
Noni

Lowell, MA

#10 Dec 11, 2008
Yea. Why shake down and blame the hard working employees because of the short commings of the selectmen??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boylston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
More school districts consider free meals for all 22 hr Keven1986 1
17 arrests target 'Outlaws' (Nov '07) Aug 25 ricanGod 41
Montachusett Regional Vocational Technical High... Aug 24 Karen 1
Suicide Prevention 'Ride of Your Life' is today Aug 24 jtn 2
jodi arias Aug 24 deborahgoyette1 1
From the parrot's beak: 8/24 edition Aug 23 Karen 1
Fitchburg armed-robbery suspects held on high bail Aug 22 Jtn 3
•••

Boylston News Video

•••