Mom is a hooker (of rugs) - Nashoba Publishing Online

Full story: Nashoba Publishing
Most mothers would not appreciate being called a "hooker" or being greeted with "So, Mom, do you want to dye today?" But there is nothing Eileen Friedrich would rather hear from her daughter, Anita Anderson. Read more
kristin anderson

Wilmington, MA

#1 Jul 19, 2008
Hi
I actually wrote the unspoken Grande Dame (or queen) of rug hooking...what is a grandam??? Kristin
prayers4u

Tyngsboro, MA

#2 Jul 20, 2008
Wish you had show some of the womans rugs, so that we could enjoy the beauty.
Not that Old-Old enough

Boston, MA

#3 Jul 23, 2008
I think its sad when we have to have a catch phrase such as the above describe a woman's talent that is nothing of the sort just to get people to open a newspaper ! This was the front page headline, and I have to say it was not something remotely funny, or flattering in my opinion. Growing up in the 1970's this was not a nice term and now as adults we are expected to laugh at it while attempting to hide the paper from our young children to avoid discussing why a senior is in the paper for "hooking" - Expect this from the National Enquirer, not the Nashoba
Publishing group. PU -LEASE !
Kristin Anderson

Tyngsboro, MA

#4 Jul 1, 2009
1. The writers do not get to choose or even know what the headlines are before they are published.
2. Don't go off the deep end. If your children need the local paper hidden because of an article about making rugs, you probably want to find a good therapist to work through this.
mike anderson

Tyngsboro, MA

#5 Jul 1, 2009
The hooker is my grandmother and that term was an ongoing joke my whole life. Its what they call themselves and always have. Kristin had nothing to do with the headline but its nothing compared to the hooker jokes we all grew up with in our house. Its harmless. Mike Anderson

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boylston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tim Ethier Thu HoldenTown crier 1
News Discretion on target Mar 23 Denny CranesPlace 4
News Montachusett Public Health Network offers Narca... (Aug '14) Mar 23 The Inquirer 4
Debate: Gay Marriage - Holden, MA (Jan '12) Mar 22 eosterberg 31
Time to choose Mar 21 idiot wind 1
New DD Bacon Donut Mar 14 SocialObserver 1
News Four years of higher education in Central Mass.... Mar 12 Tammy 5
Boylston Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Boylston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]