Asian longhorned beetle is a major threat

Full story: Berkshire Eagle

Picture this: you have lived in your neighborhood for decades and one morning you wake up to an unrecognizable scene: there are no trees on your entire block.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
kevin

Queensbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2010

how about puting a pitcure of this creader so all can see it and look around their years itll cost all homeowners and business to pay top dollar to remove these invested trees only to house them eles where to do more damage great business for the tree guys maybe ill get back in the business no reseon for that work

Since: Mar 09

Springfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2010

Yeah I agree, they should of put a picture so we know exactly what we are looking for and know that this is the beetle we don't want around?? So, I guess we'll keep guessing and have no clue what it is....Although i'm sure we could look it up online!
Marilyn

Waldoboro, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2010

This is so sad. I would almost swear it is already here in Western Mass. I have seen many trees in our neighborhood dying and wondering why, from evergreens to hardwoods!! It would really be sad to see our forests go! That's what makes
Western Massachusetts so beautiful. But I hope they don't resort to pesticides! That would make us sick! Hopefully they have new technology to treat this little buggar! Innoculating trees sounds like a great idea, but how in the world would they be able to innoculate all the trees in Western Massachusetts. Well, if they find a way, more power to them. In the meantime, folks, if you have wood stoves
or fireplaces, look into where the firewood is coming from! If it has come from
infected trees, it could be in the firewood and escape before you put it in your fireplace or wood stove. Something to think about!!
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2010

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Boylston Discussions

Search the Boylston Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Tue John 4,692
The Summer Slaughter Tour is a War on Culture T... Sun Culture Auditor 1
Dan Kirouac returns live to Westborough Jul 20 New England music scene 1
Dogs from closed Fitchburg shelter are alive an... Jul 19 Pajama People 3
3 say Pittsfield mayor misled council (Aug '12) Jul 19 the city I hate 64
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Jul 18 Kundrot dionkie 1,149
Courthouse Records Jul 15 IDK 3
•••
•••

Boylston News Video

•••
•••

Boylston Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Boylston People Search