Music, Gym, Languages Possibly On Cho...

Music, Gym, Languages Possibly On Chopping Block - Regional News - Bucks, Montgomery, Chester, Ph...

There are 25 comments on the WFMZ story from Apr 26, 2011, titled Music, Gym, Languages Possibly On Chopping Block - Regional News - Bucks, Montgomery, Chester, Ph.... In it, WFMZ reports that:

The school budget battle in Boyertown filled an auditorium Tuesday night. Hundreds showed their support for various programs that are on the chopping block.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
D Schell

Gilbertsville, PA

#1 Apr 27, 2011
How can this article claim that "some" parents said they were willing to pay more in taxes? I was there for HOURS while parent after parent got up and stated that they were willing to pay more with hundreds cheering them on! I understand that this might be difficult for some of our fixed income residents, but these are difficult times for everyone. This is our children's time - and they deserve all of the opportunities that the children who went before them had.
J Q Public

Stroudsburg, PA

#2 Apr 27, 2011
D Schell wrote:
How can this article claim that "some" parents said they were willing to pay more in taxes? I was there for HOURS while parent after parent got up and stated that they were willing to pay more with hundreds cheering them on! I understand that this might be difficult for some of our fixed income residents, but these are difficult times for everyone. This is our children's time - and they deserve all of the opportunities that the children who went before them had.
Hey, feel free to pay mine. I've had it
Bill M

United States

#3 Apr 27, 2011
Let's cut all the sports programs too. Get back to basics, reading, writing, and math.
J Q Public

Stroudsburg, PA

#4 Apr 27, 2011
Bill M wrote:
Let's cut all the sports programs too. Get back to basics, reading, writing, and math.
Once the kids start passing those subjects, maybe we could introduce something like history.
A poed BASD parent

Pottstown, PA

#5 Apr 27, 2011
We are talking about kids here and all people are doing is bickering!!!! These kids are going to be the ones who are taking care of all of you and I pray they remember how "the public" took away the programs that mean so much to them!!
A High School Singer

Pottstown, PA

#6 Apr 27, 2011
All i a have to say is that the kids shown in there in there report on tv and online were the junior high kids, but more importantly members of a group of students particapating in a program just recently named in the top 100 in the nation
casey

Ephrata, PA

#8 Apr 27, 2011
also if you get rid of the electives that means we won't have any credits we need to get into college. im in 10th grade and i only have 2 more years to go so its not like i can just randomely pull credits out of my butt for college. also the electives we need to take are going to be gone which means our college budgets are going to go up and parents are going to have to pay a higher tution for the classes we need to graduate. i swear adults never listen to us. and when it comes to our lives later in life all of us kids are going to be screwed cuz were not ganna know how to do anything else but stupid regular subjects. not all of us want to pursue a career in those subjects some of the students want to pursue a career in music or art, fcs, tech ed all the electives that will be cut. maybe we want to do some side work with those things but no, we will have no color to our lives. it will just be black and white.
student

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Apr 27, 2011
Every single student depends on these electives. if they get cut, how will they get into college ? i suppose the board doesnt care about their future. They have 3 principles. They really only need 1. They have countless useless secritarians that they could get rid of. They could change the union and make teachers pay more than 5% for healthcare. They could change what they do instead of taking away from the innocent. Every student i know has wondered what they could do to help, or raise money in some way to keep their program. If music gets cut, the students will lose the oppourtunity to play with other students which is completly different from private lessons. music teaches exact consistancy. the board can start by getting rid of teachers, and THEN worry about getting rid of the students futures.
POS of America

Kutztown, PA

#10 Apr 27, 2011
A poed BASD parent wrote:
We are talking about kids here and all people are doing is bickering!!!! These kids are going to be the ones who are taking care of all of you and I pray they remember how "the public" took away the programs that mean so much to them!!
That's scarier than high paid teachers and taxes.
Chris

Kutztown, PA

#11 Apr 27, 2011
Patriotic Order Sons of America .

The PSEA rep says "the answer has to come from Harrisburg". He really means money and they're running out of it. Welfare,HUD, access cards. You knew it couldn't last forever.

Where did you expect his popularity ratings to go ? Up ! Upper US
Chris

Kutztown, PA

#12 Apr 27, 2011
32 and climbing. That's the number of states that have $2.00 for every $3.00 that will be spent on psers and sers pension fund.
Bill M

United States

#13 Apr 29, 2011
J Q Public wrote:
<quoted text>
Once the kids start passing those subjects, maybe we could introduce something like history.
History is pretty much a waste too. Especially revisionist history.
KeepGitmoOpen

United States

#14 Apr 29, 2011
D Schell wrote:
yeah unions suck
KeepGitmoOpen

United States

#15 Apr 29, 2011
J Q Public wrote:
<quoted text>
the liberal version or Actual history based on facts?
JimmyT

Bethlehem, PA

#16 May 1, 2011
D Schell wrote:
Why don't the schools cut nonsense things like biking club, where all they do is watch video. Kids get enough idiot box time at home.
Wakeup

United States

#17 May 9, 2011
We are spending money we don't have. Cuts need to and will be made. If you don't like it then send your kids to a private school.
Ritchie

Darby, PA

#18 May 9, 2011
School nurses could be on the chopping block, too.
76 trombones

Zionhill, PA

#19 May 9, 2011
Music wasn't free when I was in grade school. My parents paid for trombone lessons twice a week after school by a private teacher. The seniors are not being represented . Cheaper than hell medical.
What else do you want free. How about if they drop your medical coverage and go find out what the real cost is.
76 trombones

Zionhill, PA

#20 May 9, 2011
The same single , one customer at BC is over $1,000 a month. Lets put some real figures on what the taxpayer is paying for . Yes, it's out of hand and getting worse. Crying in front of your kids doesn't change the cost you want to pass onto the homeowner.
76 trombones

Zionhill, PA

#21 May 9, 2011
Ritchie wrote:
School nurses could be on the chopping block, too.
If we had any stay at home Moms they wouldn't send their kids to school sick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boyertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
amanda pritchett and bradley wayne stacy wanted!!! Jun 26 A Concerned Citizen 1
Have we lost respect for FREEDOM? May 31 Clay Leister 1
What has 150 Years Yielded for Boyertown? May '16 Clay Leister 1
News Air quality questions persist at... May '16 Hershey Sharts 3
Review: Saldutti Car Corner (May '15) May '16 stay away 10
joe tornetta Apr '16 cmg 4
Boyertown Borough Needs Solutions! Apr '16 Clay Leister 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Boyertown Mortgages