Heat Prompts Several Schools To Send Students Home Early - Regional News - Berks Story - WFMZ All...

Full story: WFMZ

The excessive temperatures in the forecast have forced more schools to dismiss their students early Wednesday and Thursday.

Comments (Page 6)

Showing posts 101 - 115 of115
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
WTF

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
And juggling school and after school jobs, we all did that too. And a majority of us juggled college and work too. We did not have our parents supporting us, once we recieved our high school diplomas our lives did change because we did officially become adults and started accepting adulthood responsibilities. Now when do kids become adults, because even if a 20 year old screws up, according to people that comment on the articles stating a young adult was arrested, it is still mommy and daddy's fault. Thats another thing we had responsibility as a child too, we seen people get bullied in school, so as for stress that kids are exposed to today I bet our life had way more stress. As a 32 yr old adult, I can honestly say I have the same responsibilities plus a few more than I had at 18. Maybe that is because my parents pushed me, and I did not see the babying that kids get today. But I know I was not the only one pushed as a child either.
BTW it is the early 30 somethings around this town that I see with no jobs and still living at home.
Tam

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

Judged:

WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW it is the early 30 somethings around this town that I see with no jobs and still living at home.
Well good for you and your kids. And what kids live at home at 30? And as for kids being more smarter today is false too. How many of our parents had to lock eveything up in their home because their child could grab it and get hurt. Most parents did not have to because we knew right from wrong, one skill kids lack today. How many of us were dumb enough to stand up on an amusement park ride and get killed at 11 years of age. Not many and we rode rides unsupervised younger than that age. But kids are more smarter now you claim. And you say about your kids went to college and school, which means you are not raising a small child today. Things were different when you parented and when my mom did than today. Kids were not babied as much even when your kids were young kids.
Tam

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

Judged:

WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL college is affordable? I can tell by your sentance structure you did not attend college. For the average middle class family there are NO GRANTS and financial aid is a 7% loan from the Government for parents and 5 and 6% loans for students. 1st year students are only allowed to take $5500 in loans the rest falls on the parents, the 2nd year students are allowed $6800. To attend 1 year of college at a State School is $25k. That means parents are looking at $19500 a the FIRST YEAR! If you don't make at least the interest payments while in college you get slammed with huge interest bills on top of the loans. All in all it costs the average medium income family $85 THOUSAND dollars when all is said and done in loans before interest and it is expected to be paid back in 10 years. So you tell me kids that need a college education today can afford it. My kids had roughly 3 hours of homework a night in high school on top of their jobs and after school activities, they didn't go to bed until 11 or 12 most nights in order to get grades that would get them into college. ALL of their friends did the same. So as I said before, you really need to stop lumping ALL kids into your back asswards thinking. There are plenty of this generation that will go on to do wonderful things with their lives and hopefully not be so cynical at the age of 32!
Nevermind I just re-read your post, your kids are adults now. So comparing what you made your kids do and what my mom made me do are about the same thing. We are talking about how young kids and teenagers, that are teenagers and young children as of now, are treated. My kids right now are in elementary school, we are referring to kids in that age group and how they are pampered. And if you do not believe me, the day your kids make you a grandparent you will see a big difference from when your children grew up.
To Hot To Handle

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back on your meds dude! Stop lumping everyone into your own little stereotype.
hit a nerve? LOL, go find your kids their playing in the alley.
Blue Eyed Devil

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2011

Children should be seen and not heard. Especially the children of today....
Butt Wipe

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2011

Judged:

Tam, aka Too Hot to Handle...blah, blah, blah.

As I tell my kids...Go whine somewhere else.

God, you're a miserable prick!
Tam

Bechtelsville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2011

Judged:

Butt Wipe wrote:
God, you're a miserable ****!
Me and the other person are 2 different people. Aka stands for the same.
Tam

Bechtelsville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2011

Judged:

And at least me and to hot to hamdle have names that allow people to comment to our posts without te post coming back all screwed up. But thats right we are the dumb ones, at least we have enough class to not create a name, what the fck, for a forum.
Local

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2011

Judged:

Tam wrote:
And at least me and to hot to hamdle have names that allow people to comment to our posts without te post coming back all screwed up. But thats right we are the dumb ones, at least we have enough class to not create a name, what the fck, for a forum.
Birds of a feather. For being two distinct people, your posts sound remarkably the same with the same writing style.

Either way, you come across as a very miserable human being. I hope you don't have kids.
To Hot To Handle

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2011

Judged:

Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Me and the other person are 2 different people. Aka stands for the same.
I was thinking the same thing.
To Hot To Handle

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2011

Judged:

Local wrote:
<quoted text>Birds of a feather. For being two distinct people, your posts sound remarkably the same with the same writing style.
Either way, you come across as a very miserable human being. I hope you don't have kids.
So Tam and I have the local Mommy crowd's panties in a wad? Your kids are ANNOYING. I HATE having to side step the little carpet munchers every time I'm out. Hey, another BEAUTIFUL day out there. Can't imagine your kiddies worked up that much of a sweat today. I think they could do without A.C. for the last couple of weeks of school. Isn't today their last day? If not, it'll be very soon, so then they can run the HOT streets all they want.
To Hot To Handle

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2011

Judged:

Butt Wipe wrote:
God, you're a miserable prick!
Nice name there, BUTT WIPE. It says a mouthful. When do you tell your little darlings anything? Would that be before or after daycare? You could instill your wisdom while driving them thru Burger King's drive thru, for that sensational home cooked meal. Your such a good parent
Tam

Bechtelsville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2011

Judged:

Local wrote:
<quoted text>Birds of a feather. For being two distinct people, your posts sound remarkably the same with the same writing style.
Well apparently you do not read too well. And at least my kids are not pampered and they are taught respect. And they know the world does not revolve around them. The ones that believe in the pampering are the ones that hopefully do not have kids. Because most likely they revolve around the saying, spare the rod, spoil the child. And as we can all see where spoiling a child gets them. We get to read about those kids on the news for breaking the law.
Miller

Pennsauken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

If a thirty year old is living at home with his parents, isn't it the parent's fault? Parenting is a hard job - I don't believe in some of the other posters ideas that you have ti institute corporal punishment. But i do believe you have to push a little, teach a strong work ethic and encourage them to move forward on their own.
Tam

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Judged:

Miller wrote:
If a thirty year old is living at home with his parents, isn't it the parent's fault? Parenting is a hard job - I don't believe in some of the other posters ideas that you have ti institute corporal punishment. But i do believe you have to push a little, teach a strong work ethic and encourage them to move forward on their own.
At that point it is the fault of both parent and adult child. In your 30's you are old enough to make the move to better yourself and know what is going on around you to be capable enough to make your own move of looking for employment to be out on your own. And the parents for letting them continue to live there, by the time their kids are 30 the parents can tell them we are not supporting you anymore so get out.As for corporal punishment, yes now they consider a flop on the rear if your child back talks to you corporal punishment. But the younger they are when you put a stop to it the better off you are when they are teenagers. Because by that point they are capable of alot more, and could even be alot larger than some of their mothers by that point. So then they will walk all over you every opportunity they get. But no one uses corporal punishment, even when I was growing up, like it was used in the 50's, 60's or 70's. Then even teachers hit too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101 - 115 of115
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Boyertown Discussions

Search the Boyertown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 23 min atomic kneegar 51,183
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 1 hr perseynicolas954 3,802
Moving to Pottstown? Schools? (Mar '07) Jul 15 Janine 19
Pagans and Wheels of Soul fight Jun '14 what2know 1
Help a local family and an awesome new local ch... Jun '14 Chris Larkin 2
No.1 Chinese Restaurant Jun '14 FoodLover 1
Review: Subpoena Services-Civil Process Servers (Jul '13) May '14 John M 3
•••
•••

Boyertown News Video

•••
•••

Boyertown Jobs

•••