A Dirty Little Secret About Boyertown!

A Dirty Little Secret About Boyertown!

Posted in the Boyertown Forum

Clay Leister

Douglassville, PA

#1 Aug 3, 2010
A dirty little secret about Boyertown is that it has been mismanaged for too many years leaving us with a total bill that will ultimately cost its residents a huge sum of money.
Of course, by that time the present regime will have fled our area for a more comfortable climate just like our past Mayors of Boyertown.
They are arrogant and stupid at the same time!
For example, Boyertown christened Mr. Charles Haddad, Building A Better Boyertown Czar (like the Russians). He now dictates what is best for Boyertown from a rear seat just behind the supposed leader, Mr. Jake Lea, who really has nothing to say. Mr. Charles Haddad alone established himself President of our Community Center while establishing a “straw” board that would vote his favor for its sale. Of course, I asked the Presiding Judge of Berks County to require that the funds that resulted from the sale be place in escrow for safekeeping.
Recently, during the worst heat wave of the century, they decided to cut down the beautiful shade trees into the inner-core parking lot known as “The Walk”. I know some nice people who sat under those shade trees, and they are disgusted. Meanwhile, Mayor of Boyertown, Marianne Deery, said we’ll plant other trees in the Fall when it is cooler. Well, why didn’t they wait to cut the trees then? The truth is that Mr. Haddad and Building A Better Boyertown wanted the trees removed to reveal the lights and the portrait upon an adjoining building.
Incidentally, Mr. Charles Haddad’s wife, Mary Lou, presided over Boyertown Borough Council when decisions were made that have now left us with a two million dollar headache that all hope to keep from public view except me given the fact that it will destroy life and property.
The problem with Boyertown Government is that almost everybody is serving his or her very own game instead of the community as a whole. They have a stake in property upon Main Street and are seeking benefits as a result.
Wake-up residents of Boyertown before it is too late to reclaim our local government while there is still hope for recovery.

Sincerely,
Clayton M. Leister

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boyertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
amanda pritchett and bradley wayne stacy wanted!!! 5 hr A Concerned Citizen 1
Have we lost respect for FREEDOM? May 31 Clay Leister 1
What has 150 Years Yielded for Boyertown? May '16 Clay Leister 1
News Air quality questions persist at... May '16 Hershey Sharts 3
Review: Saldutti Car Corner (May '15) May '16 stay away 10
joe tornetta Apr '16 cmg 4
Boyertown Borough Needs Solutions! Apr '16 Clay Leister 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Boyertown Mortgages