Online Drug Prices Rally Set For Tues...

Online Drug Prices Rally Set For Tuesday - Regional News - Berks Story - WFMZ Allentown

There are 17 comments on the WFMZ story from Apr 4, 2011, titled Online Drug Prices Rally Set For Tuesday - Regional News - Berks Story - WFMZ Allentown. In it, WFMZ reports that:

Tuesday many locally-owned drug stores in Berks County will darken their stores.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

Lehigh Valley

United States

#1 Apr 4, 2011
I highly doubt anyone wants to pay higher prices, so either the small stores ned to find ways to compete, or just go out of business. It's todays world, like it or not.
CutSomeMore

Reading, PA

#2 Apr 4, 2011
"We have a patient who if she gets her prescription filled here costs her $100 a month as per her insurance company if she gets filled through mail order it only costs her $80 for three months," said Becki Kuns, Pharmacy Manager at Bause's........ duuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh, now wait, uh, ok, duuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh ... got it! I'll meet you at the protest, ok?!? When I start to go, "WE WANT TO SPEND MORE! WE WANT TO SPEND MORE!...", you guys join in, OK?!?!! This'll be AWESOME!!
CutSomeMore

Reading, PA

#3 Apr 4, 2011
Oh, and for the after-protest party, bring some of those genuine Valiums, ok? Those mail-order ones really s-ck!
Beau

Bethlehem, PA

#4 Apr 4, 2011
These pharmacists are insane if they think they will get support from consumers. I want cheaper medications -- pharmacies or no pharmacies. I'll take $80 for 3 months over $100 for one month any day, which is why they can take their "equal pricing structure" and shove it. What do they think we are, STUPID? This isn't about consumer CHOICE, this is about them keeping control over their captive marketplace and continuing to force the consumer to pay more than he should have to.
Bob

Allentown, PA

#5 Apr 4, 2011
Then let them bring their prices down to be competitive. I'm sure they are paying more then the mail order companies but not that much more to justify the obscene prices they are charging.
Justme

Bethlehem, PA

#6 Apr 5, 2011
Beau wrote:
These pharmacists are insane if they think they will get support from consumers. I want cheaper medications -- pharmacies or no pharmacies. I'll take $80 for 3 months over $100 for one month any day, which is why they can take their "equal pricing structure" and shove it. What do they think we are, STUPID? This isn't about consumer CHOICE, this is about them keeping control over their captive marketplace and continuing to force the consumer to pay more than he should have to.
Bravo!
CutSomeMore

Reading, PA

#7 Apr 5, 2011
This is a great example of how people have no idea which end is up in this country. Admittedly, these pharmacists spend most of their time and focus, heads down, in their pharmacies. Not in politics and not in finance .... Harrisburg is no place to try to fix this stuff on a micro basis like this! They can do nothing! The protests should be to our federal representatives - they should stop ALL imports (cars, clothes, everything), stop the off-shoring of our jobs, stop the importing of slave labor for our farms, computer jobs, hospitals, etc..... THAT would solve your problems in your pharmacies. Why isn't everyone storming Washington with protests over the REAL issue?!?
_Anonymous

Allentown, PA

#8 Apr 5, 2011
Lehigh Valley wrote:
I highly doubt anyone wants to pay higher prices, so either the small stores ned to find ways to compete, or just go out of business. It's todays world, like it or not.
I got stuck with MedCo's mail order. After the third time we ordered from them and the third time they screwed up the order, we were finished... except that we HAD NO CHOICE but to order from them. I would gladly pay more to purchase at a local pharmacy, and I WANTED TO. In fact, I changed my medical benefits this year, so that I could. And there isn't generally much price difference. In fact, my current plan covers birth control for FREE at the local pharmacy. That $100/month vs.$80/three-months example is one of the extremes.

Some of us... you know, the ones who have actually had experience with this situation, do care, and we do want choice. So do some research before you go off blasting comments on a topic about which you have no experience.
cccccccc

Hilltown, PA

#9 Apr 5, 2011
The problem is with the insurers and not the consumers- can you blame the consumer when the mailorder script costs $300.00 less than the store script?
Wayne95

Allentown, PA

#10 Apr 5, 2011
Just ban health insurance completely and all the prices will come down by more than 2/3
Wayne95

Allentown, PA

#11 Apr 5, 2011
All these comments just add to my reasons for banning health insuranceópeople just donít understand it to begin with.

Here is what most of you are missing: the pharmacy is not charging the customers $100/month for a prescription while mail order companies are charging $80/three months.

It is the INSURANCE COMPANIES and their policies that cause the consumers to pay $100/month to the local placeóthe drugs donít cost more, but the insurance company went one-stop-shopping to the mail order place and is financially forcing the consumers to buy from the mail order place.

THIS IS NOT THE FAULT OR DECISION OF THE LOCAL PHARMACISTS.
YUP

Reading, PA

#12 Apr 5, 2011
Insurers/pharmacists/drug companies/hospitals/doctors - it's ALL their fault! The whole system is rotten to the core!!! People want to shield Dr's, but they are the very root of the problem. And their 'conspiracy' with the insurance companies is the pervading CANCER! Have you seen the wealth that Dr's accumulate? As long as Dr's bills go up, insurance companies profits go up, so the insurers only encourage the increasing costs of health care. And as long as Dr's bills go up, the palaces in which they work must be fitting for them - our hospitals! They ALL used to be non-profit! Now look at them! None of the above are going to give anything up voluntarily - so they must be starved out! And, it's coming - the public bankruptcy looms for everyone ...
Reds

Boonville, NY

#13 Apr 5, 2011
When the Pheuck are you azz holes gona wake up!

The Pheucking Goverment is run by the God Dam Banks and the Insurance Companys

Jack

Bethlehem, PA

#14 Apr 5, 2011
I dread every time I go to a local pharmacy for a prescription. The service is slow and the prices high. Last time I went they told me to come back in 2 hours. Now, there was no one there and they are just pills. By the time I got home the phone was ringing and it was them telling me they did not have enough pills to complete the prescription, but I should come back in two hours and they will give me three pills and then I can get the rest in a day or two. Give me mail order any time
ccccccccccc

York, PA

#15 Apr 5, 2011
What is the role of a pharmacist in a commercial store pharmacy- I don't think there is any compounding in a store- maybe I am wrong- maybe someone can enlighten me
Bob

Allentown, PA

#16 Apr 5, 2011
They say when you need antibiotics you need it now and can not wait for mail order. So go to WalMart. they have the antibiotics and they are open 24 hours.

I have never had a problem with mail order and it would be stupid to even consider paying the high prices at a local pharmacie.
John

Allentown, PA

#17 Apr 8, 2011
You're sure these druggists aren't teachers?
Sounds like the same math.

You want drug prices to go up you first need to get Walmart out of business (funny ) they started the whole price war thing then the followers came.

Drugs at Walmart are a 'fraction' the cost of these other places. You can go pick up your script but why? It's the same price if you let the post man bring it to your door.

Walmart calls you at home telling you the script was sent (so you can watch for it) they bill your CC then (from home) pay off your CCard.

I see NO advantage to going to a drug store.
The Dr office even phones in your script.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boyertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Another FRAUD Exposed! Jul 30 Clay Leister 1
Fraud! Jul 23 Clay Leister 1
Bye! Bye! Faidley!!! Jun '17 Clay Leister 1
A Deception of A Community! Jun '17 Clay Leister 1
Boyertown Focus-CORRUPTION! Jun '17 Clay Leister 1
Review: Saldutti Car Corner (May '15) May '17 Lily S 14
Wake-Up Boyertown Borough Residents! May '17 Clay Leister 1

Boyertown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance