A Time to Live; A Time to Die!

A Time to Live; A Time to Die!

Posted in the Boyertown Forum

Clay Leister

Oley, PA

#1 Dec 25, 2010
Recently, Borough Council, Borough of Boyertown, released a news release stating,“From the borough thanking the residents”.
Regardless, their heading should have read “Thanking the residents for allowing us to rob you blind!”
I am Clayton M.“Clay” Leister, and I NEVER miss a Boyertown Borough Meeting.
Their elected officials are robbing Boyertown Borough residents, and their elected officials are getting their way to their own personal gain and benefit; and, in the end, it will COST residents more than they can afford to pay in taxes.
For example, Boyertown Borough Council voted to accept a FEE in lieu of parking within our business district. That is to say that if you own a building that you desire to convert to more apartments, you can do so by simply paying a fee of $2,000 per required parking space to the Borough; however, the Borough of Boyertown doesn’t have the land or parking spaces to provide; therefore, a huge problem is being created and NOT resolved.
Now, let’s consider their proposed 2011 budget which on the surface seems reasonable; however, they have shifted the major debt obligation over onto the Boyertown Water Authority, without Water Authority approval, I might add; that will inevitably force a water rate increase within the near future-but who will be the wiser!
I have attended all Boyertown Borough Meetings for over thirty years; however, I couldn’t even get acceptance upon a committee to suck-up the dirt within the Borough regardless of my God Given Concerns for our community.
Obviously, I am feared because of my ingrained honesty for life without compromise for evil deeds.
Now however, I reached a point where my time is ending given the lack of support from the community; and, unfortunately, I have considered giving up to the ill deeds of our so-called leaders. I simply cannot continue without community support because I can no longer “live” knowing how the community is being defrauded.
There was a time in life that sustained me with hope; however, given your disinterest and lack of concern; I, Clayton M.“Clay” Leister, have decided upon personal survival somewhere else. I consider myself an American Patriot, and for that there is NO compromise.
Good Luck, and my Prayers remain for you.
Sincerely,
Clayton M.“Clay” Leister
P.S. My Great Grandfather, a Member of the Philadelphia Brigade died at Gettysburg while another member of my family, Timothy Matlack, penned the Declaration of Independence; therefore, FREEDOM should have been my name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boyertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moving to Pottstown? Schools? (Mar '07) Feb 3 Delco gurl 23
Review: Saldutti Car Corner (May '15) Jan 30 Gary Eaglefanlifer 7
Sat night Jan 11 Princess 1
cats have rights too!!! Jan '16 Clay Leister 1
Best Expenditure of Public Funds! Dec '15 Clay Leister 1
Shame Upon Boyertown Borough Officials! Dec '15 Clay Leister 1
Berks County and Boyertown Being Taken for a Ride! Dec '15 Clay Leister 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Boyertown Mortgages