created by: icu | Nov 24, 2007

Boydton, VA

438 votes

Kids these days???

Click on an option to vote

  • are lazy
  • spoiled
  • disrespectful
  • mean
  • lack dicipline
  • need love
  • all the above
Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Nov 25, 2007
Rose wood

Saint Augustine, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 25, 2007
 
Definitely all of the above. After all...we are in America where the kids are too fat, too disrespectful (because they're spoiled) and exploit themselves too much.
Don

Coldwater, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 25, 2007
 
The poll didn't have the answer I was going to give. They are what we make of them and the future of the world. My 6 y.o. daughter and two grandsons (5&7 y.o.) are given advanced courses by me when they get out of school each day. All can add four three digit numbers in their head and are learning at least two additional languages. They are just "average" kids.

What are you doing for them besides criticism?
Rose wood

Saint Augustine, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 25, 2007
 
Don wrote:
The poll didn't have the answer I was going to give. They are what we make of them and the future of the world. My 6 y.o. daughter and two grandsons (5&7 y.o.) are given advanced courses by me when they get out of school each day. All can add four three digit numbers in their head and are learning at least two additional languages. They are just "average" kids.
What are you doing for them besides criticism?
I'm not a parent. They are not always what we make of them. They grow up to be HOWEVER they please. they can come from a privileged background and be a staright A student and become an addict, bum on the streets, or jailbird. They are young now and do what YOU want them to, but at a certain age they will want to test the waters and do what THEY want. That's the truth. what I said in my earlier post was true. You can love and direct them, but they may choose to push you away and make nothing of themselves. It's sad but true.
Don

Coldwater, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 25, 2007
 
The topic is "kids" not adults or teenagers. I have aready raised two (remember I have grandkids.

You are correct that they do as they wish later but what kid of start are they geting in the begining?

Again, what are YOU doing for them?
Rose wood

Saint Augustine, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 25, 2007
 
Don wrote:
The topic is "kids" not adults or teenagers. I have aready raised two (remember I have grandkids.
You are correct that they do as they wish later but what kid of start are they geting in the begining?
Again, what are YOU doing for them?
Well, like I said I don't have kids yet, but when I'm around them I read to them and try to set good examples of what NOT to do. I know how I plan to raise my own kids.

Since: Aug 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 25, 2007
 
Most parents I know do too much for their kids. Blame the parents for 75% of the bad behavior. The other 25% goes to other enviromental factors such as school/peers and the personality traits the kids are born with.

Yes, I have kids and they are pretty good kids. Best advice I can give anyone is don't pamper them and teach them common sense. Common sense is a skill developed over time and too many kids and adults lack it. Oh and don't teach them to be cronic complainers who expect the world to cater to them.

Since: Nov 07

Orlando FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 25, 2007
 
all of the above except for the needing love
Rose wood

Saint Augustine, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 25, 2007
 
Collin Walker wrote:
all of the above except for the needing love
I agree. So many of them get "love" and grow up being spoiled, fat, stuck up, selfish, manish people believing the world owes them something.
Don

Coldwater, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 25, 2007
 
New Generation wrote:
Most parents I know do too much for their kids. Blame the parents for 75% of the bad behavior. The other 25% goes to other enviromental factors such as school/peers and the personality traits the kids are born with.
Yes, I have kids and they are pretty good kids. Best advice I can give anyone is don't pamper them and teach them common sense. Common sense is a skill developed over time and too many kids and adults lack it. Oh and don't teach them to be cronic complainers who expect the world to cater to them.
This sounds just about right to me. I understand why you have "pretty good kids". Good job!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Boydton Discussions

Search the Boydton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Jul 15 Billy Bob 2,548
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) May '14 Nitty Gritty 1 1,356
Lamplighter Restaurant (Jun '12) May '14 Booster 4
VA Missing Va. Girl Alive, Man In Custody (Dec '10) Apr '14 Jim 1,433
childeren programs in clarksville Mar '14 mominva 1
Ruff ranks high on gift-taking list Feb '14 Warren 1
Clarksville doctor making amazing recovery (Dec '07) Jan '14 Mindi Truitt 160
•••
•••
•••
•••

Boydton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Boydton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Boydton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Boydton
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••