Boydton picks different system in sewage decision

Aug 23, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Virginia/North Carolina News

“Most people in Chase City who are going for it have no idea what heavy industry means.”

Boydton Town Council voted at its August meeting to move forward with another sewer system, the Cluster Water System, after their previously approved sewage project, Blevins-Warner, did not meet qualifications ... via Virginia/North Carolina News

Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Sep 1, 2007

Since: Jul 07

South Boston, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2007

Dear Mr Moore, You act as if you are the only one educated in such things as heavy industry. I as well as all of my colleges are well aware of what heavy industry is. If you choose to insult us publicly then i guess what is good for the goose is good for the gander. I have always thought very highly of you and respected you. However i will not stand back and allow you insult my or any others intelligence. I am so glad that you are more educated then we are and you are there to protect us. YEAH RIGHT!. Do me a favor and save your self some humilliation. DO NOT THINK WE ARE IGNORANT TO THIS. If anybody is then it is the APM. You chose to listen to David Frazier to get this thing started. Now he has stepped down as leader of your organization. Why is that Mr Moore. Did he by chance sell what he had intrest in and now he has left. WHY? Why is it that you have to go to the individual town councils and ask for a resolution. Do you fear that your case is so weak that you have to resort to such methods. You have always been one of the most repsected people in this community and in my book you still are. BUT DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF THINKING I DONT KNOW WHAT THIS PLANT IS!!!!. Do you know what dead wieght is. That is what the APM is becoming. We have all these people moving in this are that have more money then most people have combined in this area. That is why we can not afford the real estate in our own area because they come down here and will pay 2-3 times what any one down hear can afford. Then agian most of the APM is multi-millionars like your self that doesnt need the work. If we are going to slam peoples intellegence then i guess we can go anyway this needs to go. I am very disappionted in you and your organization in how it had chose to conduct itself. You all only have your personal intrest and discomforts in mind and could care less about the economical shape of this community. Furthermore most of you moved into this town after you had made your living.Exceptions to a select few like your self. Now you wish to tell us how to think and believe. Us poor dumb backward ass hillbilles. We are to stupid to think for ourselves right. Thank god the yankies are here to save us!!!! WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT YOU! OH I know, loose jobs because we have you to tell us how to think in return you are not discomforted! GIVE ME A BREAK!! Then you wonder why there is none of that southern hospitatlity that you hear about. WELL LET ME EDUCATE YOU. See we all live down here in peace. You do your thing and i will do mine. Dont come down here wanting the laws to change for the BS you had up there. REMEMBER that is why you came down here in the first place. And dont think we are stupid to the real world either that we need to be told how to think.
To compicate the issue we have one of our most respected people in the town follow this tissue of lies. You should be trying to build this town for christ sake. You attempt to force your oppinions on people and scare them into beliveing your propaganda. THE CCP is intrested only in getting the facts to the people that have been scared to death. They are intellegent enought to make there own decisions. In closing i will say this to you Mr. Moore and if you like i will say it to you face to face. DO NOT INSULT OUR INTELEGENCE. We know what we are doing. It is time for the common people of this communtiy to take this place back from the rich.

OH and by the way your little snazy LULU claim. Funny how some of the opposition owns a LULU. ITS CALLED A HORSE FARM, rehab center what ever you wish to call it. Mr Moore by definition you own one as well. ANY THING THAT SOME ONE DOES NOT WANT IN THE COMMUNTIY or in there back yard IS A LULU. So since the APM is a bunch of LULU's as well does that classify the APM as a LULU as well. HOW IS THAT FOR NAME CALLING

Since: Aug 07

Chase City, Va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2007

There are other LULUs as well Stephan. McCallum Moore Gardens is a LULU. The playground on 5th St, Every business on Main St. The CC Ballpark is a LULU. Basically anything other than a residential neighborhood is a LULU. What makes Nothern Boyd St. a LULU is Munseys place, the Sub Station and Pallet one. It's a shame people on Boyd street should ever have to endure the hardships of living next door to volitile chemical storage within 100 yards of a rail track , or the humming of a substation or the constant pounding of industry on Boyd street. But it's OK. Munsey and the APM are all for that. I wonder why? Oh, and I was looking at the APM website and noticed how the peice was edited at the end so people can't see how in NC 3 of 4 communities have voted FOR ethanol plants and that doesn't include the one already operating less than 1 hour and 45 minutes from here. If you edit news you taint news. That's the APM way.
Not Nieve

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2007

I wonder when someone is going to break the news to Mr. Moore about the Rail Road! Norfolk & Southern and other freight lines are not maintained or funded by tax payers, only by their customers. They are a bussiness and operate as a bussiness. Its been that way for about 150 years. IF N&S wants to run a train 24 hours a day, its their bussiness and their own the property which it runs on.Seems Monsey has not watched to many westerns or the History Channel in his life!!!!!!!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2007

Interesting that Mr. Moore says the exact same thing Arthur Greene says in another article, that the people in Chase City have no idea what heavy industry is.

Mr. Greene also said that we/he would have "no idea" about this project if not for the "transplants" (the very word he used). So by these two like statements we see that this is what the too-trusting people are being fed. A steady diet of fear-inducing propaganda and the idea that they are stupid and should listen to people who "know".

Since when do we need "transplants" telling us what to do, what to build and how to live? They came here because the cost of living is cheaper. They couldn't care less about the families who are the very backbone of this community.

They tell us in the unending letters to the newspapers that if we have to go out of town to work, so what, why don't we move. If we talk about what a thriving town Chase City once was, they tell us it's not like that now so live with it...or move.

I wish people would use their own old-fashioned common sense and see the agenda these people really have and what they really care about. The answer is simple...they care about what THEY want and only that. To have their retirement community and if Chase City dries up, families gone, all the businesses closed...do you honestly think they would care the least little bit?

Chase City, Va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2007

I hate to say it but it really irks the crap out of me how the APMers talk down to us po fokes. Yea right! They have the best interest of themselves in mind, not Chase City. What I don't understand is what they really want. Richie and, I always thought, was a pretty good town person. I really am disappointed in him but as to most of the other local APMers I don't really care, they are just sheep following a false shepard. As to the guy who started this whole APM thing I really would like to know something. I wonder if he'd been asked to broker this deal would he be singing a differant tune? After all his property was part of the Butler property. Revenge for not being the Real Estate Broker chosen? Food for tought.

Chase City, Va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2007

By the way New Generation, the next CCP meeting is next Wednesday evening (Sept. 5) at Monty's place at the corner of 5th St. and Boyd St. 7PM. Please come and bring a friend if you'd like. That goes to anyone reading this board. All are welcome and all ideas welcome. Plans for a community funtion to be finalized.

South Boston, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2007

Not nieve you are exactly right. But agian it sounds good to use as a scare tactic. You got to love it. new generation and not nieve it is nice to have people here like yourself that can see the facts and are not part of either organization. Please feel free to come to any of or meetings that are held on Wensday every week @ 7pm. Even if you are neuteral or agianst it. We have been trying to get some of the antis to come for a while and none of them will do it. Not to pursuade them to our side just so we can have there point of view and possibly get some of the facts out of them to back there statements. We are actually very open minded unlike most of the opposition. It is also my understanding (Rummor at this point)now that they may be barging in and bothering people at thier time of worship in the churches. YOU WILL NOT SEE THE CONCERNED CITIZENS for PROGRESS (CCP) do this unless we are requested by the congrigation to speak. To interfere with ones worship is morally and ethically unacceptable. It seems that thier own ignorance is now superceded by thier STUPIDITY!!!
Not Nieve

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2007

Just so everyone knows, I am very much promoting Osage and Ethanol. I have not been able yet to attend the meetings, due to scheduling conflicts although I plan to soon. My support in this situaition is being done in a more political way.
I work in an environment that deals with EPA,DEQ,and other state and federal agencies, so I understand that side of the situiation. I also work with Rail and VDOT issues.I have spoken to many people at community functions in the past several weeks and I have yet to find anyone against Osage or Ethanol. Most people are like myself,from the Chase City area and have no idea who these APM people are. Its seems that the majority of the people I've spoken with, think they are a joke and are embarresing themselfs. Another issue I have ran into is,if most of them are retired and set financially, then they should not even have the right to voice their opinion on the future of Chase City and Mecklenburg Co. They should step back and let the working people make the decisions for the future.If they don't like it, iti s plenty of quit and peaceful property out west !!!

South Boston, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2007

You have spoken the truth Not Nieve. I hope that we will see you here in the near future at either the public meetings and or the committe meetings on wensdays. THank you for all of your help in the background. It may seem that it is unnoticed. It is nice to hear that you are hearing the same things about the people for this plant.

Chase City, Va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2007

The thing that irks me is the APMers acting like they acually speak for the community at large. That's a load of garbage. They should know they are in the minority but they are oblivious to truth, fact and reason. For example, one APMer threatens the Board of Supervisors that they(APM) have over 800 signed petitions and the Board should see that as a refurendum that a majority of people have spoken. Even if the number was 1000 that doesn't even qualify as a good MINORITY in a county of 32,000. Or take Munsey Moore saying people who want Osage don't REALLY know what they want. How ignorant is that? He may know what HE wants but how does he know what EVERYBODY does or does not want? Then there's the Maass person all but saying people from this area are poor,dumb, and just too uneducated to make an informed decision. Does she really think talking down to people will buy her any support? The answer is NO, we-uns mite be po simpul fokes butt weez kin smell a scunk frum durn neer a mile ughway! Or to put it in the language APMers can understand from their high horses. We may live simple lives, but we're not stupid enough to fall for your self serving manipulation of facts.

Gloucester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2007

I wonder how many of those petition signers would even sign it again. I've been told by more than one person that they did't just ask them to sign it,they insisted. A woman also told me that Munsey chased her car down when she got home and then chased her around the yard asking her if he could put up one of those signs.

Worse still is how they prey on the elderly, many of whom don't have computers and can't access realistic information about ethanol plants. It's absolutely shameful! Why can't they just present real facts, not opinions, and let people make up their own minds? My guess is that if they did that people would realize how silly they are by saying it will blow up the town, the traffic will run over all the kids and the lake will be ruined. They can't use facts because the facts don't support their game plan.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Boydton Discussions

Search the Boydton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Jul 15 Billy Bob 2,548
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) May '14 Nitty Gritty 1 1,356
Lamplighter Restaurant (Jun '12) May '14 Booster 4
VA Missing Va. Girl Alive, Man In Custody (Dec '10) Apr '14 Jim 1,433
childeren programs in clarksville Mar '14 mominva 1
Ruff ranks high on gift-taking list Feb '14 Warren 1
Clarksville doctor making amazing recovery (Dec '07) Jan '14 Mindi Truitt 160
•••
•••
•••
Boydton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••