Clarksville doctor making amazing recovery

Nov 28, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Virginia/North Carolina News

“The medical examiner did a re-enactment which determined that Gregg was on his back and the bullet entered the frontal lobe on the right side and exited the top left side”

Dr. Gregg Zwilling has a lot to be thankful for this year. Until May 2005, Zwilling was living a peaceful life in Clarksville. via Virginia/North Carolina News

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of160
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Michele

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Aug 25, 2008
 

Judged:

1

August 2008
You can see that people around here have nothing to do besides gossip.

“Sanity is a cozy lie. ”

Since: Aug 08

Orignally from Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Aug 25, 2008
 
shirleybug wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah for you,,,I have heard that too,,,just ask a certain Mrs. R. Gupton,,,and many more,,,,
The Ms R Gupton you are referring to is now deceased.

And of ALL the cities and counties that I have lived in; they all say that is you want to committ a crime and not be prosecuted- do it in that county/city [wherever I was living at the time]. It would have to say that Person county NC is the place to live if you want to live as a free-criminal; including the crooked cops.
shirleybug

Henderson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Aug 29, 2008
 
Very true,,,I agree, and do know Ms. Gupton is gone,,,but also got away with murder,,regardless of the reasons or excuses or court documents. So I blame her,,,hell NO !!! and you are right, any county you now live in may say the same thing!!
Interested

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Sep 7, 2008
 
What happened to Ms. Gupton?
PMT from Clks

Cary, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Sep 8, 2008
 
Interested wrote:
What happened to Ms. Gupton?
She died a few years ago.

Since: Sep 08

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Sep 8, 2008
 
who is ms gupton and what did she do
PMT from Clks VA

Cary, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Sep 9, 2008
 
mommieme wrote:
who is ms gupton and what did she do
That incident happened LONG AGO and there were midigating circumstances.

No use bring it my up since Family members are still in the area.
stunned former lover

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Apr 8, 2009
 
I was a former co-worker (for a very short time) and one of her apparently many lovers that Lisa Zwilling cheated on Dr. Zwilling with. I stumbled upon this story and am stunned to say the least.

I knew Lisa Zwilling back in fall of 2004. She seduced me, much like she probably did many men, with stories of how Dr. Zwilling mistreated her and she was in the process of filing for divorce. She was a smart, attractive and fun loving woman. I fell for her act but soon after discovered what she was truly like. She was sleeping with half of the VA State Troopers in the area at the time and told me stories of her wild escapades in Richmond, while her husband was on ER duty late at night.

Stumbling upon this story sickens me, as I am immediately left with the conclusion that it is very possible that I had a brief affair with a homicidal psychopath. It would not surprise me in the least if it turns out Lisa Zwilling or one of her many boyfriends were responsible for the attempted murder of Greg Zwilling.
curious

Winchester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Apr 8, 2009
 
And why do you feel the need to say something now? Guilt finally getting to you? Someone tried to take the life of one of the best doctors this county has EVER had! All of the cheaters and Lisa should be very ashamed of themselves. Maybe one day someone will talk!
stunned

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Apr 8, 2009
 
curious wrote:
And why do you feel the need to say something now? Guilt finally getting to you? Someone tried to take the life of one of the best doctors this county has EVER had! All of the cheaters and Lisa should be very ashamed of themselves. Maybe one day someone will talk!
Why am I saying something now? Uhhh... because this is the first I've heard of it. Did you not read my post?

After I finished my assignment at the hospital in South Boston, I moved on to the next assignment and never heard from Lisa again. I had no ties to the area and have not been back there since. I only came across this story because I noticed Gregg Zwilling's profile on a professional networking website that I'm on. It's not a very common name and I remembered Lisa's husband was a doctor, so I checked it out. When I read on his profile that he was now disabled and that he thinks that maybe his wife had something to do with it, I about fell out of my chair. That lead me to this website where I read the article and all of the questions that are still unanswered about his shooting.

Guilt finally getting to me? No, I hadn't thought about Lisa or that night for several years. I wasn't proud of it but felt no large degree of guilt. I am shocked that someone I worked beside everyday and had so many people fooled might possibly be involved in something that reads like a murder mystery.

I feel stupid and disgusted that I slept with her (it was only once), but I was in a strange place where I knew no one, fresh out of a bad relationship myself and she was an attractive, deceitful, manipulative person. Honestly, I feel violated and disturbed that I was that close to someone possibly capable of something this horrible. If I would have gotten any further involved with her, I might have been in danger myself.

It was a mistake but I've made many mistakes in my life. I mean, he was married to her for all those years and had no clue what she was really like. So it's not that unreasonable to understand how she could fool me, too. She told me that she was in the process of divorce but that they weren't telling anyone because it was a small town and Gregg's practice would suffer.

Of course, I am horrified that this happened to a good man, good doctor. I met him a couple times and saw his patients occasionally, as a therapist. By that time, I knew Lisa was not to be trusted and was in a very unstable marriage that would likely end badly. I did not know Gregg or if he was in any way to blame for their marital problems but now it seems he had no idea any of this was going on until it was too late. He obviously married an unstable, possibly psychopathic woman, but she was obviously good at fooling people. I wish him only the best and continued progress with his rehab.

I also don't know for sure if the guy I would hear her on the phone with was this State Trooper guy that may or may not be involved in this but I do know that she had a lot of "friends" that she would go visit in Richmond that were State Troopers or hung out with State Troopers and the one she talked to on her cell phone all the time that seemed like he was more than a friend.

Anyone know if she is with this guy still or where she is now? I'm guessing she might be far, far away by now?? All of this still seems surreal to me right now...
give it a rest

Farmville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Apr 17, 2009
 
if you all are really that interested, use your brains and stop gossiblogging on here. go to the court house and request to see all the documentation on the case under the freedom of information act. if the investigation is closed by law that have to let you see it.......
no-name

Winchester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Apr 19, 2009
 
give it a rest wrote:
if you all are really that interested, use your brains and stop gossiblogging on here. go to the court house and request to see all the documentation on the case under the freedom of information act. if the investigation is closed by law that have to let you see it.......
IT IS NOT closed! AND what the hell is gossiblogging? Got spell check? If you don't want to read this then stay OFF! No One asked you for your opinion!
give it a rest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Apr 19, 2009
 
sorry that message was for no name
The Truth

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Jun 19, 2009
 
Yes Stunned, she got away with it this time.
Small town, small fish and no real criminal investigation. Hard to believe isn't it?
So many people knew what she was doing but nobody came forward with any information.
Lisa ran off with her last boyfriend less than a year after Gregg was shot. She is now remarried
and living in Tennessee. No telling how this will end.
Feature Writer

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Jun 19, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Are you are a complete moron? Until you have seen the evidence. read the depositions she gave, and talk to Roger's family about what she told them, you have no idea how evil and what a liar this woman is. There is no way Gregg Zwilling shot himself. The evidence proves that and was also confirmed by Virgina's cheif medical examiner which is WHY the offical records were changed from suicide to undetermined. She is the best in the country and handled the Virgina tech massacre, so I tend to trust her experience and judgement.

The lead detective ALSO felt it was Lisa, but they did not have enough hard evidence to go forth with to indict her. Lisa Zwilling is a greedy liar who wanted the $500.000 life insurance policy. She had the doctors in the hospital all questing her motives when on 3 different times she refused life saving surgeries and procedures. She wanted him dead so she could walk away with the half million. I was working on a feature story about this shooting and read ALL the depositions she and her lover gave which were filled with lies and contradictions.
This is an EVIL woman, who will get her day in court before a higher authority!
informed wrote:
the truth is the man shot himself It's not a rumor, it's a widely known fact, in certain circles. The problem is, he's too embarrassed to admit that he couldn't get the job done. if you think i'm lying, you're wrong. He was also in trouble at the time, but you don't hear much about that either, do you?
it has ZERO to do with the Sheriffs office, simply put, you dont talk much about suicides or attempts. they happen a lot at the lake, but dont get reported on because good journalists dont talk about it unless there are others at risk when that happens. for instance, look at daniel cho. he's famous now and for all the wrong reasons. all because of his murder suicide. but that's what gets covered. i'm just saying.....
Feature Writer

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Jun 19, 2009
 

Judged:

1

The problem is you had Danny Fox who was a friend of the family and he believed Lisa. Therefore her
hands were never tested for gun residue, nor was the gun checked. They did not treat it like a crime scene. Had they done so, Lisa would be rotting in jail where she belongs. I feel sorry for Roger, because once a cheater always a cheater. She ruined Gregg's life, and she is in the process of ruining Roger's life. I have one question to ask. What happens to a woman like her when she loses her looks, and can no longer manipulate men? I hope she gets what she deserves, and people in Johnson City Tenn need to be warned of this violent and bad woman.
The Truth wrote:
Yes Stunned, she got away with it this time.
Small town, small fish and no real criminal investigation. Hard to believe isn't it?
So many people knew what she was doing but nobody came forward with any information.
Lisa ran off with her last boyfriend less than a year after Gregg was shot. She is now remarried
and living in Tennessee. No telling how this will end.
Feature Writer

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Jun 19, 2009
 
Because the case is not officially closed, you cannot see all the police records.
This is not gossip. This is the truth. Did you read the lies in the depositions she gave? I did.
If you are dumb enough to believe this woman, then so be it, but don't accuse others of gossiping because it's hard to destroy the truth.
give it a rest wrote:
if you all are really that interested, use your brains and stop gossiblogging on here. go to the court house and request to see all the documentation on the case under the freedom of information act. if the investigation is closed by law that have to let you see it.......
Feature Writer

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Jun 19, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

I worked for months on writing a story about this, but because she was never indicted officially, it's hard to get a publication to print anything. Here's the bottom line:
The lead detective felt it was her.
The Chief Medical Examiner ruled it not a suicide.
Lisa had a $500,000 life insurance policy, the house, boat and all assets to gain if Gregg died rather than her leaving him for another man.

At a family reunion for Roger months before the shooting, Lisa lied to their entire family saying she was separated and not living with Gregg.

Had Danny Fox taken the gun, tested for gun residue, Lisa Zwilling would be in jail right now.
Only The Truth Will Do wrote:
I wonder why there wasn't anything printed when it happened?
Unreal

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Jun 21, 2009
 

Judged:

1

This woman is evil and should rot in hell.
I loved Dr. Z. He was a great doctor and is a good man. What is he doing now?
West Point

Middletown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Jun 26, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

Why does “give it a rest” seem so angry that someone is revealing that he had an affair with Lisa, is there a problem with telling the truth? There is only one person who would care if true things were revealed about Lisa and that’s Lisa herself.
Lets face it Lisa was a tramp from the word go, unfortunately her husband and his family were in the dark about it, she was a very good actress. Even the day after the shooting she was giving a great show saying,” she just couldn’t do anything to help him after the shooting, that even though she knew first aid and Gregg’s bag was there, she sat on the steps and held her ears so she wouldn’t hear him,” what a caring wife.
The bullet didn’t kill him and they couldn’t shoot him again so she was waiting to see what would happen, if they did nothing.
At the hospital she didn’t want to give permission for the doctors to do anything to save him, thank God his family was there and wanted everything done to help Gregg.
Someday someone will not be able to take it any more and tell the truth, it probably will not be Lisa, but I hope it not to late for Roger, now that he is married to the black widow

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of160
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Boydton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Boydton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Boydton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Boydton
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••