Boyd Concessions
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous

Gatesville, TX

#1 Aug 10, 2011
I just heard from some members of the Boyd Band Boosters, and verified by the Boyd Youth Association, that the concessions stand will not be used during the youth football games. The majority of the School Board members approved it, and were in favor but, they are still saying no. The BYA now must set up tables out on the sidewalk with no thoughts about sanitation, or security. This sounds very embarassing to the community of Boyd, you go to any other school sporting event at some bigger schools that are just as new, just as nice,(Some are state of the art), and the consessions are open. How is this possible? The kids are using the new field voted on and paid for by the community, the consessions stand was also paid for with the same dollars. As I understand the story (gossip) it is Mr. Emshoff that is making this decision based on inacurate information he got from prior years board members. Shame on you sir! The facilities is not yours alone, it belongs to the people of Boyd. Let the people have their say.
BTW. I admit this message must be left anonymous because my children attend this School, apparently Mr. Emshoff carries a big stick.
is this true

Grapevine, TX

#2 Aug 10, 2011
If this is true, then I am sad for our community.
Sad but true

Gatesville, TX

#3 Aug 10, 2011
Please talk to friends and neighbors about this. The School board is the group that has the right to decide on this, not one man. If enough people become aware and are disturbed by the idea of serving food and drink this way, maybe this can be fixed prior to Boyd Days on 8/20/2011.
Boyd jacket

Quinlan, TX

#4 Aug 10, 2011
Sad but true wrote:
Please talk to friends and neighbors about this. The School board is the group that has the right to decide on this, not one man. If enough people become aware and are disturbed by the idea of serving food and drink this way, maybe this can be fixed prior to Boyd Days on 8/20/2011.
Why would you talk to your friends and neighbors about this??? Ohhhhh. I know why. You love to gossip and stir up the shit.
How about this... Instead of being a cry baby to your neighbors, go up to the school and meet with him.
Anonymous

Gatesville, TX

#5 Aug 11, 2011
Boyd jacket wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you talk to your friends and neighbors about this??? Ohhhhh. I know why. You love to gossip and stir up the shit.
How about this... Instead of being a cry baby to your neighbors, go up to the school and meet with him.
There was a post on Facebook that said He wasnt listening,He wouldnt respond to phone calls or messages. Are you one of the blind faithful followers? Come on boyd Jacket, pay attention. J. Emshoff cut a deal with a coach and one BYA Board member, thats all. It was one of those behind the garage deals while nobody is looking kinda deals. The intent was to secure the new field at any cost. Ok, I get it. The field is the priority. But it was done without consent or approval from other board members of BYA or the School Board. It was then taken to those respective parties and presented. The decision was made by one person to exclude the concessions from the deal with the knowledge that this exclusion would not effect that one person in any way.(I will trade you my neighbors car for your boat). nobody is crying, the request was for help to convince Mr. Emshoff to do the right thing. Have you ever gone to another schools sporting event and had to purchase food and drink from a table out in the open air without regard for food safety? I ask you again, Boyd Jacket, are you awake?
questions

Gatesville, TX

#6 Aug 11, 2011
Mr. Emshoff aside, why would a football stadium voted on by Boyd Residents and paid for with Boyd tax dollars not be made available to the entire community? It seems discriminatory that some BISD students can use the facilities and others can't. What about other surrounding communities, do they allow or not allow their youth associations to use their facilities? And for that matter isn't the superintendents salary paid by tax payers, and the board members are elected by registered voters. Seems pretty simple to me if the concensus amoung Boyd Residents is that the youth should be allowed to use the new stadium and concession stand then let your board members and superintendent know. If they won't listen vote someone in who will.
boyd parent

Gatesville, TX

#7 Aug 11, 2011
questions wrote:
Mr. Emshoff aside, why would a football stadium voted on by Boyd Residents and paid for with Boyd tax dollars not be made available to the entire community? It seems discriminatory that some BISD students can use the facilities and others can't. What about other surrounding communities, do they allow or not allow their youth associations to use their facilities? And for that matter isn't the superintendents salary paid by tax payers, and the board members are elected by registered voters. Seems pretty simple to me if the concensus amoung Boyd Residents is that the youth should be allowed to use the new stadium and concession stand then let your board members and superintendent know. If they won't listen vote someone in who will.
You are 100% correct in every detail of your post.The reason the BYA is currently not being allowed to use the concession stand is the deal was made for just the stadium. There were problems in the past from former users of the stand not cleaning up after themselves. This was when there were no active BYA members to ensure the facilities would be cared for. Now there are twice as many members all voted in based on objective views of character. The newly created Concessions Director is responsible for the stand and has stood up to declare their intent to be accountable. As far as the other communities, every stadium that I have been to for baseball, football, etc. have all had the use of the concessions stand at that stadium. The agreement made was done to let the kids play on the new field and it was made with eyes open, knowing the concessions was not included. The problem with that is the fact the the people who made this agreement are not the ones that will have to serve the food in a non-sanitary environment.
J e field

Frisco, TX

#8 Aug 12, 2011
He just does not want the bya to tear it up. I have heard that bya has stolen from theband boosters. I heard there is a thief in the bya and we do not want that associated with the band or baba concession stands.
Boyd Parent

Gatesville, TX

#9 Aug 12, 2011
J e field wrote:
He just does not want the bya to tear it up. I have heard that bya has stolen from theband boosters. I heard there is a thief in the bya and we do not want that associated with the band or baba concession stands.
What you said is also 100% correct. The BYA has only 2 people on the board now that were on the board then. The previous post states that there are several new members including one devoted to the Concessions. The Band Boosters have offered their support to this new person, the School board trustees have offered their support to this person. All those concerns from previous years have been discussed and settled. That woman that is in charge of Concessions has stated that she will take personal responsibility for the stand. What more could they possible want?
still concerend

Grapevine, TX

#10 Aug 12, 2011
I have now heard that Mr. Emshoff did not appreciate the input from outsiders, parents, and others and has basically "strong armed" the BYA into its his way or the highway. That's just not fair if it is true. He is employed by the Boyd community and as such should at least be open to listening to community input.
Boyd friend

Dallas, TX

#11 Aug 12, 2011
Call Gidget at the school. She is Joe cartwrights secretary and she is in charge of scheduling the facilities. She can get the bya, band and baba together and schedule concessions.
Gidget is diplomatic and will listen to their needs and she has cartwrights backing.
He is the athletic director and most schools let the ad make these types of decisions. It sounds really simple... This is an athletic issue.
1st and goal

Quinlan, TX

#12 Aug 13, 2011
Who is in charge of the athletic booster club? it was Annette Williams but her kid graduated. I would get with the schools athletic booster. They will help you get into a concession. Wait...... I must be dreaming. Boyd isd's own athletic booster club is not allowed to have a concession stand at the football field. Go figure... Why is that. It may be the fact that the band and baba have more pull than john
Boyds best

Dallas, TX

#13 Aug 15, 2011
Anonymous wrote:
I just heard from some members of the Boyd Band Boosters, and verified by the Boyd Youth Association, that the concessions stand will not be used during the youth football games. The majority of the School Board members approved it, and were in favor but, they are still saying no. The BYA now must set up tables out on the sidewalk with no thoughts about sanitation, or security. This sounds very embarassing to the community of Boyd, you go to any other school sporting event at some bigger schools that are just as new, just as nice,(Some are state of the art), and the consessions are open. How is this possible? The kids are using the new field voted on and paid for by the community, the consessions stand was also paid for with the same dollars. As I understand the story (gossip) it is Mr. Emshoff that is making this decision based on inacurate information he got from prior years board members. Shame on you sir! The facilities is not yours alone, it belongs to the people of Boyd. Let the people have their say.
BTW. I admit this message must be left anonymous because my children attend this School, apparently Mr. Emshoff carries a big stick.
. This sounds like it really has nothing to do with bya concessions. You sound pissed at John. Are you an ex employee? You are wrong about football concessions. Most peewee games have a few tables set up and sell drinks, candy, a crock pot of nacho cheese, and maybe a hotdog. Why are you trying to stir this up. You sound like a miserable person. It is sad that you want to hide on this board and trash the supt and you don't have the guts to resolve this by talking to him. You are pathetic.
Just one more person

Decatur, TX

#14 Aug 16, 2011
I'm sorry you see it that way. I am not the person who started this topix. Unfortunately based on personal experience I have learned that Mr. Emshoff is not true to his word. Which is why i feel a need to post a comment. Prior to my bad experience with him I thought very highly of him. I was very disappointed and saddened to learn that he is not honest. And yes I hide my identity because I do have children in the school district and I am concerned about retaliation. He likes to use veiled threats to strong arm you. No i wont go into detail because although based on what i ve heard from other community memebers we are certainly not the only ones, i still dont want to be identified. And no my child/children have never had a discipline problem at all! I honestly defended him to other parents for several years until he dis the same thing to us. If you don't have respect and honesty what do you have.
Boyd Parent

Gatesville, TX

#15 Aug 16, 2011
Boyds best wrote:
<quoted text>. This sounds like it really has nothing to do with bya concessions. You sound pissed at John. Are you an ex employee? You are wrong about football concessions. Most peewee games have a few tables set up and sell drinks, candy, a crock pot of nacho cheese, and maybe a hotdog. Why are you trying to stir this up. You sound like a miserable person. It is sad that you want to hide on this board and trash the supt and you don't have the guts to resolve this by talking to him. You are pathetic.

You should atleast TRY to check facts before you post a reply, I have said I have kids in this school, John is known for threats and retaliatory undertones. I am pissed about this situation and it falls on John. You must not go to any of the pee wee games that our kids have, if you did, you would see that the concessions are open and used at those other towns. I can say from experience because of my own kids sporting events.
Here is a thought; How about John Emshoff works for ONE HOUR behind the tables for these kids. He could show some support for the BYA, the kids, and he can see how his decision effects other people first hand. What do YOU say Mr. John Emshoff? Do you have the intestinal fortitude?
Elementary teacher

Caddo Mills, TX

#16 Aug 17, 2011
Just one more person wrote:
I'm sorry you see it that way. I am not the person who started this topix. Unfortunately based on personal experience I have learned that Mr. Emshoff is not true to his word. Which is why i feel a need to post a comment. Prior to my bad experience with him I thought very highly of him. I was very disappointed and saddened to learn that he is not honest. And yes I hide my identity because I do have children in the school district and I am concerned about retaliation. He likes to use veiled threats to strong arm you. No i wont go into detail because although based on what i ve heard from other community memebers we are certainly not the only ones, i still dont want to be identified. And no my child/children have never had a discipline problem at all! I honestly defended him to other parents for several years until he dis the same thing to us. If you don't have respect and honesty what do you have.
Well said.
Busted

United States

#17 Aug 20, 2011
Anonymous wrote:
You are a retarded white trash. Get over it.
Sad but true

Gatesville, TX

#18 Aug 20, 2011
Busted wrote:
<quoted text>You are a retarded white trash. Get over it.
Wow, your an uneducated idiot! Your vernacular shows you must be the epitome of your own transgressions. Before you post a rebute, you might consider using proper gramitical structures.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#19 Aug 21, 2011
I went to the Boyd Days football games and I did see Mr. Emshoff there. Does anybody know if he interacted with the concessions stand? Did he offer to work or help out in any way? Did he buy anything to show support for the BYA?
Busted

Frisco, TX

#20 Aug 22, 2011
What would it matter if he went to the concession stand. Why do you want him to work in the stand?? He is nit asking you to work in his busted up school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boyd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Caleb Olivas (Apr '16) Thu Spring town girl 6
Found Aussie Dog/Female - recently had puppies Nov '17 mum 1
mark schlote Aug '17 huh 2
Renomom was on Facebook while baby drowned in t... Jun '17 Texan 2
Reno Mayor Candidates (Apr '17) Jun '17 Texan 11
Review: Azle Door Company (Nov '14) May '17 Jesse 7
Boyd isd admin and ad. (Feb '16) Mar '17 Talented 4

Boyd Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance