Sheehan leaves job as Westford's assistant town manager after f...

Full story: Lowell Sun 50
Andrew Sheehan resigned Tuesday from his position as assistant town manager after only five months on the job. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
mma hacks

Boston, MA

#1 Mar 4, 2010
stop wasting money on MMA hacks & save the tax payers money & eliminate this position
Good Bye

Concord, MA

#2 Mar 4, 2010
Thank God this guy is gone because he has been trouble every place he's been.
In Chelmsford his word was no good and he took delight in screwing business people over as Bernie's muscle man and dumbing all over the town's employees.

In Lowell he got fired by the city council for unapproriate behavior.He thought it was great to watch city employees cry when they got laid off and took great delight in infroming them (a real sickko).

After a nation wide search he ends up in Westford and continues to dump on the police and fire departments and tell people that the Town Manager is braindead and she's useless (what thanks).Finally he gets himself to the edge and resigns before he get fire possibly as early as next month.

Good bye and good riddens as and as the saying goes "what goes around comes around" and I do hope this bum get some medical help quickly before he hurts anyone else.
Local

Maynard, MA

#3 Mar 4, 2010
What's next, Billerica who is adding a $85K assistant TM position.

Since: Dec 07

United States

#4 Mar 4, 2010
I betcha he'll apply for and get the Data Analyst position that the Lowell City Council just got approved.
Why

Cortland, NY

#5 Mar 4, 2010
Good Bye wrote:
Thank God this guy is gone because he has been trouble every place he's been.
In Chelmsford his word was no good and he took delight in screwing business people over as Bernie's muscle man and dumbing all over the town's employees.
In Lowell he got fired by the city council for unapproriate behavior.He thought it was great to watch city employees cry when they got laid off and took great delight in infroming them (a real sickko).
After a nation wide search he ends up in Westford and continues to dump on the police and fire departments and tell people that the Town Manager is braindead and she's useless (what thanks).Finally he gets himself to the edge and resigns before he get fire possibly as early as next month.
Good bye and good riddens as and as the saying goes "what goes around comes around" and I do hope this bum get some medical help quickly before he hurts anyone else.
Why was this guy hired if he had such a bad reputation? Lowell and Chelmsford aren't that far away.
JWPaolilliJr

Gloversville, NY

#6 Mar 4, 2010
Hey he was Bernies "PUNK".When he didn't have Bernie to cover for him anymore like he did in Chelmsford, He was forced to move on, All because of his mouth. Just like a "Sheehan" I once knew at The Massachusetts Fish and Wildlife Office in Acton. I guess the apple doesn't fall from the tree.
Lynchshank Redemption

Lowell, MA

#7 Mar 4, 2010
I miss my friend Andy........
Martial Arts

Winter Park, FL

#8 Mar 4, 2010
That was a great hire in the first place. Not!!
city of lowell

Bedford, MA

#9 Mar 4, 2010
Bernie must be bring him back to fill the new Data Analyst position...

I hope he does so everyone in the city of lowell can see that Bernie is NO GOOD.
who is moe joyce

Clinton, MA

#10 Mar 4, 2010
SEE YA..................
BUBBA

Chelmsford, MA

#11 Mar 4, 2010
I remember when towns didn't have a manager, now they need an assistant also at big bucks, when does it stop?
S Saunders

Bedford, MA

#12 Mar 4, 2010
Another one bites the dust!! Westford is not the great town that it was 30 years ago. I've lived here 65+ years. What a mess the town is in now!!!
Bobalou

Amesbury, MA

#13 Mar 4, 2010
What a bag job!!

(eyes rolling)..I wonder what his severance package will be.

Hey! JRoss and the BoS eliminate that phony position..I/we can't afford it with the big budget increases.
Good Bye

AOL

#14 Mar 4, 2010
Why wrote:
<quoted text>
Why was this guy hired if he had such a bad reputation? Lowell and Chelmsford aren't that far away.
WHY ???

In Chelmsford he was Bernie's gofer who did what "The boss" told him to do and the guy loved beating up on people and they tell me he was a weasel who word was worhtless and the business community really dislike this guy and complained to Bernie to no avail.

In Lowell he was drunk with power and his sociopath boss Bernie loved watching him throw his weight around city hall and relished firing city employees and brag about "cutting people heads off"---tought it was great and was admired by Bernie in doing so.

Now he comes to Westford trys the same act and the Selectmen inform Ross that the guys a punk and got to go and they are right on.

As a former town employee (for over 20 yrs.) we don't need his kind in our community so I say GOOD BYE and don't let the door hit you on the way out.
miserable

Lowell, MA

#15 Mar 4, 2010
I never heard a more miserable bunch of people. It must be wonderful to be as perfect as you all must be. Everyone here seems to know all, you must all be running fortune 500 companies.
curious

AOL

#16 Mar 4, 2010
Bernie Lynch always seemed like he was well liked and respected in the professional managers' community as well as in the general public. I find it really hard to believe that he would be associated or even need a questionable person like Sheehan.(if what is said about the man is true)

Bernie Lynch comes across to me as someone very professional, knowledgeable and efficient. That is why he is as successful in Lowell as he was in Chelmsford.

I admire and respect him. Lowell is very lucky to have him!
Lowellian

Gloucester, MA

#17 Mar 4, 2010
I don't knwo the whole story, but I've had to deal with Andy in Chelmsford and he always seemed professional and helpful.

Hmm, well good luck I guess, Andy.
Joe Mamma

Merrimac, MA

#18 Mar 4, 2010
I nominate rusell Hicks for the job
Have Another Drink

Concord, MA

#19 Mar 4, 2010
curious wrote:
Bernie Lynch always seemed like he was well liked and respected in the professional managers' community as well as in the general public. I find it really hard to believe that he would be associated or even need a questionable person like Sheehan.(if what is said about the man is true)
Bernie Lynch comes across to me as someone very professional, knowledgeable and efficient. That is why he is as successful in Lowell as he was in Chelmsford.
I admire and respect him. Lowell is very lucky to have him!
Hello are you awake yet or still having one more drink befors passing out for the night ?

You find it hard to believe Lynch would associates with this unetical bum
WHO ONLY WORKED FOR THE SOCIOPATH LYNCH FOR 15 YEARS.

You must be a Sheehan plant or someone who just got released from a mental hospital.Nonetehless have another drink on Sheehan had who put you up to such a stupid statement
Gordon

Chelmsford, MA

#20 Mar 4, 2010
I'm guessing most of the posters here are tied into Lowell. Andy was very well liked in Chelmsford including the business community. Did he ruffle some feathers? Of course. His job in enforcing the laws required him to do that. I always found him to be polite and knowledgeable. Obviously, he ran into some real haters in Lowell. But we all know how that place is. Not sure what happened in Westford but sometimes things don't work out. Good luck Andy. Wish you'd come back to Chelmsford.

And Paollili. Are you the nutcase warden with the dumpy yard on Richardson Road? If so, get a life and clean up your dump.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boxborough Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Serving life for Ayer murder, ex-Green Beret su... (Jan '09) Oct 6 ANGLETURNER 109
Massachusetts Green-Rainbow candidate Danny Fac... Sep 23 whatisyourneed 1
State's highest court to mull murder conviction... Sep '14 ANGLETURNER 1
Political Correct Hollywood is Leading the War ... Sep '14 Culture Auditor 1
Kariel swanfeldt Aug '14 Nonono 9
Rotarians host another spirited food and brewfe... Aug '14 Jerry 2
Several Mass. Companies Land on 2014 Inc. 5000 ... Aug '14 Lori 2453 1

Boxborough News Video

Boxborough Dating
Find my Match

Boxborough Jobs

Boxborough People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Boxborough News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Boxborough

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]