Jehovah's Witnesses knock at my door ...

Jehovah's Witnesses knock at my door again!

Posted in the Bowling Green Forum

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
Happy in Bowling Green

Sidney, OH

#1 Oct 5, 2007
How do I stop Jehovah's witnesses from knocking at my door. I don't want to be rude but I don't want to be bothered. I last thing I want to do is have someong push their religion on me.

“Toledo's Weather Leader, A cat”

Since: Jun 07

Bowling Green, Ohio

#2 Oct 5, 2007
Happy in Bowling Green wrote:
How do I stop Jehovah's witnesses from knocking at my door. I don't want to be rude but I don't want to be bothered. I last thing I want to do is have someong push their religion on me.
dont answer the door
JLS

Sacramento, CA

#3 Oct 31, 2007
Happy in Bowling Green wrote:
Hi. It's great that you don't want to be rude, and it's understandable to not want to be bothered. It's good to keep in mind that the Witnesses go door to door, NEVER to push their religion on anyone. They are following a command given by Jesus to preach about God's Kingdom that will soon bring an end to all suffering and turmoil that mankind is currently experiencing.
Usually the Wintesses only want a few minutes of your time, to either read you an encouring scripture or to leave a current magazine that may contain an article that is of interest to you.
You can always tell them you're not interested, and if you really, really don't want them ever coming back again you can ask to be placed on a Do Not Call list. However, please keep in mind that regardless of what anyone tells you, Jehovah's Witnesses are not there to push anything on you. And next time they knock, if you have a few mintues give them a chance!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
westonite

Sidney, OH

#4 Nov 6, 2007
This in not quite true. While they may not PUSH their religion on you, there purpose in visiting is to make converts to their cult. They want to come back to see you again. They are hard to get rid of once you invite them in. I'm not saying they are not nice people, but they are on a Mission, a literal mission, and it is to convert you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Chuck

New Orleans, LA

#5 Dec 5, 2007
Tell them you were previously disfellowshipped (kicked out of the church). They are not allowed to speak to you, or risk being kicked out of the church themselves.
Smiley

Pulaski, TN

#6 Dec 6, 2007
JLS wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi. It's great that you don't want to be rude, and it's understandable to not want to be bothered. It's good to keep in mind that the Witnesses go door to door, NEVER to push their religion on anyone. They are following a command given by Jesus to preach about God's Kingdom that will soon bring an end to all suffering and turmoil that mankind is currently experiencing.
Usually the Wintesses only want a few minutes of your time, to either read you an encouring scripture or to leave a current magazine that may contain an article that is of interest to you.
You can always tell them you're not interested, and if you really, really don't want them ever coming back again you can ask to be placed on a Do Not Call list. However, please keep in mind that regardless of what anyone tells you, Jehovah's Witnesses are not there to push anything on you. And next time they knock, if you have a few mintues give them a chance!
The one's that come to my house want take NO for an answer...they literally come to my house everyday except Thursdays(?), which I never go to the door, and the lady has actually tried to open my door and come in. Thank God it was locked! They came to my back door yesterday! My husband has told them we are not interested, and the lady says we need a Bible study! I have seriously thought about calling the police...it is nerve racking!
dave uk

Ashford, UK

#7 Dec 11, 2007
Smiley wrote:
<quoted text>The one's that come to my house want take NO for an answer...they literally come to my house everyday except Thursdays(?), which I never go to the door, and the lady has actually tried to open my door and come in. Thank God it was locked! They came to my back door yesterday! My husband has told them we are not interested, and the lady says we need a Bible study! I have seriously thought about calling the police...it is nerve racking!
Im not sure if I can belive these posts. All you have to do is ask them to put your address on the `DO NOT CALL LIST`. If they call back the next day, lock all your doors and windows and maybe hide under your bed or sumthin lol
smiley

Pulaski, TN

#8 Dec 14, 2007
dave uk wrote:
<quoted text>
Im not sure if I can belive these posts. All you have to do is ask them to put your address on the `DO NOT CALL LIST`. If they call back the next day, lock all your doors and windows and maybe hide under your bed or sumthin lol
Believe me....my quote is true! But finally we got it over to this woman that we aren't interested...she hasn't been back in 3 days!(fingers-crossed)
Moo

Jefferson, OH

#9 Dec 26, 2007
I have an American Flag flying on my porch entrance. Not as a deterent, but it works so I am told.
Anti-JW in Bellefontaine

United States

#10 Dec 30, 2007
JLS wrote:
<quoted text>
Give them a chance? Like the chance Jehovah's Witness Larry Slack in Chicago gave his 11-year-old daughter by murdering her because he falsely believed she had stolen his wallet? And when Jehovah's Witnesses come to my door, I remind them that their church went to his defense and call them murderers to their face. Come to think of it, I haven't had any Jehovah's Witnesses at my door for about two years...
Happy

Redmond, WA

#11 Feb 1, 2008
Very simple just say that tou are not interested, that's it.
Alicia

Redmond, WA

#12 Feb 5, 2008
Very simple just tell them, just say you are not interested,or tell them to put you on their do not call list,and they won't call on you. They don't force their religion on you they are only trying to give you a message.
SHARON

UK

#13 Feb 25, 2008
I have the same problem but i am going to be firm if not rude today. Just because they choose to knock on my door doesn't mean i want to choose to listen or become a jeohvah witness!
Remember you have choice...it's your house, your time, you do what you want with it. It's all about brain conditioning. Softly, softly, trying to recondition your brain to think you have something missing in your life & that something missing is jeohvah religion!!!!!!! I bet they are dead nice when they call...you see they try to make you feel guilt....so you don't shut the door in their face. You owe them NOTHING! I CAN SEE HOW THEY SUCK IN VULNERABLE PEOPLE, but i am not vulnerable & i won't be made to feel guilty about something i don't want to do. Remember," It's your life you live it how YOU want". If that doesn't fit in with other people..tough!
JLS wrote:
<quoted text>
jer wi

Almena, WI

#14 Mar 1, 2008
I just had two JW at my door this morning. I was ill and was lying in a recliner and one of them looked right in the door at me, I looked at her but didn't get up. They stood there another 5 minutes ringing my doorbell and looking at me. I just sat there and looked at them and finally they left. It was pretty amusing actually.
NizNat

AOL

#15 Mar 7, 2008
I've tried "I'm not interested." That worked for about two months until two different women started showing up, apparently not having been told by their brethren that I wasn't interested. So on the sign on my door that reads "Please Ring Bell" I wrote underneath, "Unless you're JW!" That kinda worked. Once somebody rang the bell and left in a flash, perhaps realizing too late that JW meant she herself. That didn't stop her from leaving propaganda wedged between the knob and deadbolt.

Now this wouldn't bother me so much except I work nights and sleep during the day. Normally If I'm in bed I ignore the doorbell unless rung more than once, indicating a friend or official business at the door. Yesterday two JW women rang twice. My house payment was late last month, so just incase this was something to do with that, I got up, got dressed, all the while shouting "Just a minute! Be right there!" I almost wish it were the mortgage police. These women were apparently undeterred by "unless you're JW!" and left me an invite to some easter thing. Thanx. So glad I got out of bed for that.

So I will try calling their kingdom hall on sunday and asking politely to be left alone. If that doesn't work I will probably have to overcome my burdensome tendency to be nice to people and simply say, "Stay the crap away from my house or be reported for trespassing."
Tired

Fort Myers, FL

#16 Mar 12, 2008
My husband and I work a late shift and sleep late in the mornings. The Jehovah's Witness people keep coming to our door in the mornings and wake us up and then I can't get back to sleep. They've been told nicely to stop coming by, but they persist. I'm so fed up with it I'm ready to stick a shotgun in their face the next time they wake me up. Anyone have advice to keep them away without breaking the law??!!! The Do Not Call registry will not keep them away.
pauline

Greenock, UK

#17 Mar 22, 2008
Read up the many fautlts that jw believe, in,eg: seperating families.The world didn't stop in 1914-1915-1925-and 1975. The deaths through no blood transfusions,even recently.Also THE CHILDREN ARE THE TRUE VICTIMS of this cult.if they still hound you,tell they children(if one is there) that you believe they are misled !!!! you wont see them again for many years. I always talk kindly to the poor children who are made to visit with the misguided adult,the adult hates it,TRY IT AND SEE.
Susan

UK

#18 Mar 29, 2008
I just had a right shifty looking bloke with bad teeth & glasses on my door. Thought they always went round in groups? He looked like a paedo with a sickly grin. I should like to install a trapdoor underground outside my front door, then, when asked again "what do I feel the future holds for me"? Quick flick of a button & it's bye bye!!
Or.... systematically call round their homes, preferably right in the middle of their favorite programe or during a bible study & bore them rigid with some fanatical clap trap nonsence. See how they like it?
Veronica

Canada

#19 Apr 2, 2008
my mom became a JW and now i get hounded by them. it has created a huge rift between us...and now i am pregnant and i will never allow her to take care of my child without my presence because she insists on talking about her stupid religion...oh sorry cult! all u ppl that state "oh just be nice...just ask to be put on the do-not-call list" well u must be one of them...cuz one thing i have learned is that JW dont really care what YOU want. they dont care how much you are bothered...rude or not they still come back...like mold! so do what u must to get rid of the bacteria in your life.
just answer the question

Redmond, WA

#20 Apr 5, 2008
They are only trying to give you a message of hope, if you are not interested just kindly tell them to put you on the do not call list.I don't think we are rude sometimes people yell, cuzz, and throw things at us, if you are not interested we just keep on stepping.We don't pay back evil with evil

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Author Bobbie Barnett's New Book "Medieval Hote... Jul 12 jordan1212 1
Do they watch u pee Jul 1 Lovetosmoke 3
Doorbell Ringing in the middle of the night (Jul '16) Jun 26 what 3
News Van Wert lawyer challenging Latta Jun '17 McDonald CON Drum... 15
Degenerates (Nov '07) May '17 Aelling 4
BGSU World Voice Day Event 2017 Mar '17 BGSUWorldVoiceDay 1
Nurse Practitioner Judy Stevens (Jan '17) Jan '17 Penny Watson 1

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance