Willie Taggart signed with south florida
BGInsider

Bowling Green, KY

#24 Dec 8, 2012
Gee....WKU is just like WBKO....nothing but a stepping stone to a REAL job!!! If you're good, you're gone!!!
Well now

Louisville, KY

#25 Dec 8, 2012
WOW wrote:
<quoted text> Face the facts wku is a 2nd rate school
And USF isn't???
Big Red

Tucker, GA

#26 Dec 8, 2012
WKU football was here before Uncle Willie and it will be here after he's gone. Go Tops!!!
Love it

New Albany, IN

#27 Dec 8, 2012
Well now wrote:
<quoted text>
And USF isn't???
They are in the Big East. Way Way Way better then the sun belt.
Lisa

United States

#28 Dec 8, 2012
Taggart trashed wku in his press conference about how wku had 3 athletic directors in 3 years, great guy.
Pink Monkey

Canton, OH

#29 Dec 8, 2012
Lisa wrote:
Taggart trashed wku in his press conference about how wku had 3 athletic directors in 3 years, great guy.
Maybe he was just stating a fact. A sad fact at that.
You think your boyfriend Kevin Wallace could do better after dealing with a whacked WKU admin and alumni?
Going to get interesting.
Well now

Louisville, KY

#30 Dec 8, 2012
Love it wrote:
<quoted text>They are in the Big East. Way Way Way better then the sun belt.
They still suck, and now they suck with a coach who can only beat weak teams.
WKU fan

Tucker, GA

#31 Dec 9, 2012
Taggart will get 5 year, 1.15 million per year contract, and an additional 500k if USF wins BCS title. That's what I'm reading online..
Mike

Louisville, KY

#32 Dec 9, 2012
"Taggart will get 5 year, 1.15 million per year contract, and an additional 500k if USF wins BCS title. That's what I'm reading online.."

How many of you haters would not have accepted that gig? WKU will need to up their pay if they want to keep a good coach.
Well now

Louisville, KY

#33 Dec 9, 2012
Mike wrote:
"Taggart will get 5 year, 1.15 million per year contract, and an additional 500k if USF wins BCS title. That's what I'm reading online.."
How many of you haters would not have accepted that gig? WKU will need to up their pay if they want to keep a good coach.
No one would turn that down. It doesn't make him a good coach though.
matt

Elizabethtown, KY

#34 Dec 9, 2012
dont understand why willie didnt at least coach till the bowl game? Why not tell wku that hes been offered another job? I bet western would of come up with another 300000. Is he pissed at the athletic director? Leaving like this says FU to bowling green. Very unclassy.
They did

Canton, OH

#35 Dec 9, 2012
matt wrote:
dont understand why willie didnt at least coach till the bowl game? Why not tell wku that hes been offered another job? I bet western would of come up with another 300000. Is he pissed at the athletic director? Leaving like this says FU to bowling green. Very unclassy.
boosters raised 800-900k bonus to keep him and he still bounced.. I say I unretire his number.. The punk way he left those kids after they played their butts off for him is disgraceful and he should not be celebrated!!
Mike

Louisville, KY

#36 Dec 9, 2012
"I say I unretire his number.. The punk way he left those kids after they played their butts off for him is disgraceful and he should not be celebrated!!"....

What he did for those kids is get them to their 1st bowl game. If any of those kids fell like you(and im sure they dont) shame on them. It shows he didnt do it for the money, he wanted to move closer to his hometown and family. We need more men in or society like Taggart of put family first. He is a good man and a great role model to his boys.
Well now

Louisville, KY

#37 Dec 9, 2012
They did wrote:
<quoted text> boosters raised 800-900k bonus to keep him and he still bounced.. I say I unretire his number.. The punk way he left those kids after they played their butts off for him is disgraceful and he should not be celebrated!!
You don't turn down the opportunity of a lifetime.
Wright

Tucker, GA

#38 Dec 9, 2012
Taggart will love his old stomping grounds, if he didn't like wku students wearing UK hats, how will he like south Florida students wearing bikinis to class.
matt

Elizabethtown, KY

#39 Dec 9, 2012
I dont blame him for leaving,just no since being a douchbag and leaving like that. I would like to know what wku football players have to say about it.
Stupid

New Albany, IN

#40 Dec 9, 2012
They did wrote:
<quoted text> boosters raised 800-900k bonus to keep him and he still bounced.. I say I unretire his number.. The punk way he left those kids after they played their butts off for him is disgraceful and he should not be celebrated!!
Another cry baby WKU fan. Need a tissue sweetie?
Stupid

New Albany, IN

#41 Dec 9, 2012
Well now wrote:
<quoted text>
They still suck, and now they suck with a coach who can only beat weak teams.
Oh poor little baby. Did your little feelings get hurt?
Western

Bowling Green, KY

#42 Dec 9, 2012
WKU fan wrote:
Lets go, what do you all think about this?
Taggart shoulda went to UK and cleaned up Joker's mess!
WKU fan

Tucker, GA

#43 Dec 10, 2012
Western wrote:
<quoted text>Taggart shoulda went to UK and cleaned up Joker's mess!
I agree, I wonder why he didn't even consider UK, I know Calapari is the big money maker up there, but I'm thinking that joker was making about 3 million a year, that'd be more than his 1.15 down in SF if its truly all about the money

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brittany Mosley 2 min Stinky 3
Add a word, Drop a word. (Jul '12) 40 min _FLATLINE-------- 5,793
BGHS recruiting again (Jun '09) 45 min hey 21
GlassDixks 1 hr IamNOTchad 7
Finding Ronald/Ronny walker 1 hr Joey 3
UK won't cut down #9 until year 2046 (Mar '16) 2 hr No more Dynasties 5
Only You Knew 6 hr Girl 15

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance