No charges against Tommy Brown
Still

United States

#386 Apr 2, 2013
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
For the record I am no friend of either party.
Didn't say you were.. And neither am I.. However, everyone is making Brown out to be this horrible person... I've asked Brandon's supporters numerous times what they would've done if they were put in this exact situation....... They become silent.... They have nothing to.say.. But if the roles here were reversed and Brandon shot Tommy... He would still be hailed as a hero.... I've come to the conclusion that no matter what, they refuse to accept the fact that their friend would/could do such a thing.. I still say.. While very tragic, there is a very important lesson to be learned here.....
Question

Russell Springs, KY

#387 Apr 2, 2013
Still wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't say you were.. And neither am I.. However, everyone is making Brown out to be this horrible person... I've asked Brandon's supporters numerous times what they would've done if they were put in this exact situation....... They become silent.... They have nothing to.say.. But if the roles here were reversed and Brandon shot Tommy... He would still be hailed as a hero.... I've come to the conclusion that no matter what, they refuse to accept the fact that their friend would/could do such a thing.. I still say.. While very tragic, there is a very important lesson to be learned here.....
My attempt isn't to make Brown out to be a horrible person. My attempt is to ask questions. These questions MUST be asked and answered as a matter of public safety!! I will NEVER UNDERSTAND why the prosecutor and officers of the law turned off charges of such a confusing and hard to understand concept of self defense to untrained grand jurors!!! A one day preceding regarding something so highly volatile and CONFUSING!!! I have studied self defense for some time prior to this case and still grapple with it in certain instances. It would have served the public, Mr. Bradshaw and his family, brown, and the judicial process had brown been arrested and charged with immediacy and a full trial been conducted!!!! Experts could have testified, self defense could have been deconstructed, the crime could have been laid out, and twelve people could have made a much more informed decision! That does not guarantee that the result would have been different! It does not! But there is true closure! At this point there can be no closure but the grand jury proceeding was held in utter secrecy and many suspected from the initial handling that the case was going to be mishandled after no initial arrest!
Anyone who teaches self defense will always tell you "If you injure or kill someone, no matter what the circumstances, you WILL be arrested and charged with a crime. The police will not make the assumption that you acted in self-defense. The police are not responsible for making that decision. They will let the courts sort that out.

Let me repeat...

The police do not make judgments of right or wrong. That is for the courts to decide.

So Be Aware! If you use your skills, and harm someone in the process, no matter what the reason or circumstance, you must be prepared to defend yourself a second time, in a court of law. Period! That is the nature of self defense law."

Watch the show The first 48 sometimes and see how many times the perpetrator is not arrested simply because he claims self defense!!! NEVER!!!! The police should not in any way whatsoever let enter into their minds ANYTHING other than the fact that a crime had been committed!!!! And that prosecutor should have not tainted a future jury pool by spilling case information the day of the press conference. He should know that a no true bill means next nothing other than back a square one! And if I were the prosecutor I would be working day and night to re-present the case because I would feel as though I FAILED by not being able to bring a successful true bill!!!! After all isn't that is job?
BGInsider

Alliance, OH

#388 Apr 2, 2013
Question wrote:
http://www.whas11.com/news/Bow ling-Green-shooting-leaves-one -in-critical-condition-1933951 91.html
Listen to this video. So was witness testimony more reliable the day of the murder or weeks and weeks later?!?
Fascinating to watch and see the crude edit near the end of the story......they said he showed his badge before shooting according to this clip, then 'something' else was edited out, love to know what????
BGInsider

Alliance, OH

#389 Apr 2, 2013
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
My attempt isn't to make Brown out to be a horrible person. My attempt is to ask questions. These questions MUST be asked and answered as a matter of public safety!! I will NEVER UNDERSTAND why the prosecutor and officers of the law turned off charges of such a confusing and hard to understand concept of self defense to untrained grand jurors!!! A one day preceding regarding something so highly volatile and CONFUSING!!! I have studied self defense for some time prior to this case and still grapple with it in certain instances. It would have served the public, Mr. Bradshaw and his family, brown, and the judicial process had brown been arrested and charged with immediacy and a full trial been conducted!!!! Experts could have testified, self defense could have been deconstructed, the crime could have been laid out, and twelve people could have made a much more informed decision! That does not guarantee that the result would have been different! It does not! But there is true closure! At this point there can be no closure but the grand jury proceeding was held in utter secrecy and many suspected from the initial handling that the case was going to be mishandled after no initial arrest!
Anyone who teaches self defense will always tell you "If you injure or kill someone, no matter what the circumstances, you WILL be arrested and charged with a crime. The police will not make the assumption that you acted in self-defense. The police are not responsible for making that decision. They will let the courts sort that out.
Let me repeat...
The police do not make judgments of right or wrong. That is for the courts to decide.
So Be Aware! If you use your skills, and harm someone in the process, no matter what the reason or circumstance, you must be prepared to defend yourself a second time, in a court of law. Period! That is the nature of self defense law."
Watch the show The first 48 sometimes and see how many times the perpetrator is not arrested simply because he claims self defense!!! NEVER!!!! The police should not in any way whatsoever let enter into their minds ANYTHING other than the fact that a crime had been committed!!!! And that prosecutor should have not tainted a future jury pool by spilling case information the day of the press conference. He should know that a no true bill means next nothing other than back a square one! And if I were the prosecutor I would be working day and night to re-present the case because I would feel as though I FAILED by not being able to bring a successful true bill!!!! After all isn't that is job?
Finally, someone on here with reason, like me, all I want is the truth from this investigation which should show if Tommy acted in self-defense or was an aggressor who thought he had the power of the law and intended on using (abusing) this power.

The biggest question I have had which has not been answered yet and which should show what Tommy was thinking is regarding any 9-1-1 calls. Did Tommy or his wife EVER call 9-1-1 during all of this? If it were me, I would have instantly called BEFORE and exiting of the vehicle; if he were too busy, then his wife instinctively should have, and she wasn't driving, so she had free hands. ANYONE fearing for their lives would call 9-1-1 immediately!!!

DID TOMMY OR MINDY EVER CALL 9-1-1???????
Question

Russell Springs, KY

#390 Apr 2, 2013
BGInsider wrote:
<quoted text>
Fascinating to watch and see the crude edit near the end of the story......they said he showed his badge before shooting according to this clip, then 'something' else was edited out, love to know what????
I want to know what was edited and why!!!!! Was brown showing his badge to ward off bystanders in order to manipulate the scene?!? This question lingers in my mind!!! I've looked at the pictures in the scene over and over. Mr. Bradshaws truck had a large light on the top. The decals clearly showing some type of law enforcement decals-although mostly removed. The shattered glass near the back tire of the passengers side. So many questions!!!
Gun Buff

Bowling Green, KY

#391 Apr 2, 2013
oldhippiechick wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer my question in regards to the "good guys" with guns.I'd like a response, please !
Sorry, I lost you in the shuffle. So many threads. More than half the "massacres" that make the national news happened in workplaces and schools. No guns allowed. No chance for good guys. These events make national news. If it bleeds, it leads.

I'll not address where CCW's have saved lives. There are too many instances. But I'll point you in the right direction.

Google "concealed carry saves the day". Read until your hearts content.
Sadness lingers

Owensboro, KY

#392 Apr 2, 2013
Chick Papa wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems to me that good ol Tommy Brown enjoyed killing that boy. It made his dreams come true.
I wondered when someone would have the guts to say it. The picture of Brown at the side of the truck reminds me of the kind you see in rural newspapers each year about mid-November.
joe

Franklin, KY

#393 Apr 2, 2013
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me repeat...
I didn't read your post.
Really?!?!

White Plains, KY

#394 Apr 2, 2013
Still wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't say you were.. And neither am I.. However, everyone is making Brown out to be this horrible person... I've asked Brandon's supporters numerous times what they would've done if they were put in this exact situation....... They become silent.... They have nothing to.say.. But if the roles here were reversed and Brandon shot Tommy... He would still be hailed as a hero.... I've come to the conclusion that no matter what, they refuse to accept the fact that their friend would/could do such a thing.. I still say.. While very tragic, there is a very important lesson to be learned here.....
You are absolutely 100% CORRECT!!! They refuse to believe that their friend may not have been the person they thought or that he may have made bad choices that day. It is a terrible tragedy. But should also be a good lesson to the rest of us.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#395 Apr 2, 2013
BGInsider wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally, someone on here with reason, like me, all I want is the truth from this investigation which should show if Tommy acted in self-defense or was an aggressor who thought he had the power of the law and intended on using (abusing) this power.
They already conducted the investigation and it was confirmed that Brown acted in self-defense.

I remember your posts shortly after the shooting. You were, of course, blaming Brown but felt that we should let the authorities conduct their investigation. They did and you refuse to believe it.

Admit it, you had it in your head from day one that Brown was to blame and the only conclusion that you would accept from the investigation is one that confirmed your knee jerk reaction.
common sense

Alliance, OH

#396 Apr 2, 2013
Question wrote:
And why has part of the video been redacted?!? The news is live. And why the misinformation that was given to the public?!? Brown was not and is not a sheriffs deputy. I'm having trouble finding video from that day. Please post here if you can find video!
Tommy Brown was trained as a sheriff's deputy and did work in that position. At the time of the incident he was working as a court security officer. He was still trained as a deputy. However, that really makes no difference in this case. If he was just regular citizen involved in this incident, he still shot Mr. Bradshaw in self defense.
common sense

Alliance, OH

#397 Apr 2, 2013
oldhippiechick wrote:
<quoted text>
If all the good guys are out there with guns ( concealed carry )
and if that's so beneficial for the rest of us, how come there
never seems to be one around ( good guy with gun )when some horrific shooting occurs?? This is not in reference to this particular shooting but one like Newtown,Aurora,Arizona, etc.,etc.,etc.,???? Where are all these "good guys" when they are needed ?? That's just BS that the NRA wants to try and make us believe !! I am not saying all guns should be banned so don't get your panties in a wad, I am just asking a question. Name the instances in which a concealed carry permit holder has stopped
a robbery, a killing, a rape ??? Newsworthy event.
Because those who plan out these mass shooting incidents choose locations where they know you cannot carry a gun in. The theater shooter had two other theaters he had scoped out, but when he found out they did not prohibit concealed weapons, he changed his mind. When you post a big sign saying "No Concealed Weapons Allowed", you are just advertising for one of these nuts to choose that location.

Also, there have been a few of these shooting sprees cut short folks who on the scene who were armed. Do you ever hear of a mass shooting at a gun show? Think about it!

Since: Mar 13

Louisville, KY

#398 Apr 3, 2013
Dave wrote:
Did he have his seatbelt on? Because I don't think most people try to get out of their car with their seatbelt on and their car in drive!!!
That's the same very question that I have!

Louisville, KY

#399 Apr 3, 2013
Dave wrote:
How could bradshaw attempt to exit his vehicle with the truck in drive and his seatbelt still on?! Am I the only person wondering this?
No you're not the only one that questions that. Just my opinion but when a man is murdered and the D.A holds a press conference we ( the community ) shouldn't be left with more questions than answers.
Gun Buff

Bowling Green, KY

#400 Apr 3, 2013
abggirl wrote:
<quoted text>
No you're not the only one that questions that. Just my opinion but when a man is murdered and the D.A holds a press conference we ( the community ) shouldn't be left with more questions than answers.
A grand jury is a cross section of citizens just like you and me. Don't you think 8 hours going over an incident that from start to finish was probably 5 minutes long, that these questions were asked?
Kal-El

Louisville, KY

#401 Apr 3, 2013
abggirl wrote:
<quoted text>
. Read my post on the real Brandon Bradshaw. It was roid rage not road rage . That explains most of Brandon' s actions.
Question

Russell Springs, KY

#402 Apr 3, 2013
Kal-El wrote:
<quoted text>. Read my post on the real Brandon Bradshaw. It was roid rage not road rage . That explains most of Brandon' s actions.
It really would not matter what kind of rage he had now would it?!? So are we authorized to use deadly force against every stranger with roid rage?!? Besmirching the deceased should not be necessary.

Alliance, OH

#403 Apr 3, 2013
common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Because those who plan out these mass shooting incidents choose locations where they know you cannot carry a gun in. The theater shooter had two other theaters he had scoped out, but when he found out they did not prohibit concealed weapons, he changed his mind. When you post a big sign saying "No Concealed Weapons Allowed", you are just advertising for one of these nuts to choose that location.
Also, there have been a few of these shooting sprees cut short folks who on the scene who were armed. Do you ever hear of a mass shooting at a gun show? Think about it!
I don't believe that everyone with a concealed carry permit follows the rules re: Firearms prohibited. The shooting in Arizona
was on the street. How did the shooter know there wouldn't be someone THERE with a weapon ? There weren't any signs posted prohibiting firearms in this instance.Can you provide info on which "few" shooting sprees have been stopped ? No, never heard of a shooting at a gun show.

Alliance, OH

#404 Apr 3, 2013
They Call Me Bad News wrote:
<quoted text>
They already conducted the investigation and it was confirmed that Brown acted in self-defense.
I remember your posts shortly after the shooting. You were, of course, blaming Brown but felt that we should let the authorities conduct their investigation. They did and you refuse to believe it.
Admit it, you had it in your head from day one that Brown was to blame and the only conclusion that you would accept from the investigation is one that confirmed your knee jerk reaction.
I simply can't understand why some of you continue to say that "it was confirmed that Tommy Brown acted in self-defense". All that was confirmed was that there was not enough evidence for charges to be filed against him !!( There could be lots of reasons for that). A Grand Jury doesn't try the case. Don't know why YOU can't get THAT through your head !!
Question

Russell Springs, KY

#405 Apr 3, 2013
oldhippiechick wrote:
<quoted text>
I simply can't understand why some of you continue to say that "it was confirmed that Tommy Brown acted in self-defense". All that was confirmed was that there was not enough evidence for charges to be filed against him !!( There could be lots of reasons for that). A Grand Jury doesn't try the case. Don't know why YOU can't get THAT through your head !!
I think that is coming from the fact that the ksp detectives did not arrest as they are given leeway not to arrest if they believe self defense was the cause of the shooting. The officers rely on statutes and frankly there is more to self defense than the black and white statutes. Officers often make judgement calls where as court actions follow the law in all of its structures. I do agree that it's very noxious to continue to hear such false information being repeated even though it is contrary to the facts of law.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stephanie n Christy 21 min Christy 34
Drug court violation kelsey whitlow 36 min Hope for the kids 10
Blaze pizza was awful 42 min Miller 15
Any cougars in BG? 44 min Sexy cougar 14
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 1 hr I C U MY ASS 599
Bed Bugs? 3 hr educator 6
Anyone else have a stalker fetish? (Jun '13) 3 hr Rooter 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bowling Green Mortgages