Lab Pups

Posted in the Bowling Green Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Labrador Retriever Pups

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 7, 2011
 
Looking for a full blooded Labrador Retriever puppy for a reasonable price. The color of the dog doesnt matter.
Seawolf 2704

Novi, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 7, 2011
 
Look at the BOWLING GREEN WARREN COUNTY HUMANE SOCIETY.

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/bgwchs.html

Since: Dec 09

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 7, 2011
 
Get ready for a hundred replies saying you should not buy a puppy.
bg gal

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 7, 2011
 
v-star rider wrote:
Get ready for a hundred replies saying you should not buy a puppy.
That's right! Because there are so many unwanted dogs that need homes. There will always be some of us that respond with "check at the humane society or on Petfinder". I have an AKC registered lab sleeping at my feet right now that I adopted from the shelter right here in BG. Why wouldn't I want to tell this person that?

Since: Dec 09

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 7, 2011
 
bg gal wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right! Because there are so many unwanted dogs that need homes. There will always be some of us that respond with "check at the humane society or on Petfinder". I have an AKC registered lab sleeping at my feet right now that I adopted from the shelter right here in BG. Why wouldn't I want to tell this person that?
That's great, But we have so many people that jump on someone for buying a pup instead of adopting from the shelter. They accuse everyone who has pups for sale of being a puppy mill.
And by the way my last three dogs and two cats came from the shelter.
Labrador Retriever Pups

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 7, 2011
 
Not that I'm against buying one from a shelter, I would prefer a pup from a breeder.
yellow female pup

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 7, 2011
 
I have a 10 week old pup she's full blooded but i don't have any papers on her
bg gal

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 7, 2011
 
Labrador Retriever Pups wrote:
Not that I'm against buying one from a shelter, I would prefer a pup from a breeder.
I can totally see why you would want one from a breeder instead of the shelter. Especially with your concern about a reasonable price and the fact that you are asking on Topix. You are guaranteed to get a great bloodline from a responsible breeder this way. Much better than a shelter dog. Seriously? Get real.
BTW, wherever you find this great puppy of one of the most overbred breeds for this reasonable price, someone else will adopt another one from the shelter a day or two later when that breeder turns them in because they can't sell them all.
Rover

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 7, 2011
 
v-star rider wrote:
<quoted text>
That's great, But we have so many people that jump on someone for buying a pup instead of adopting from the shelter. They accuse everyone who has pups for sale of being a puppy mill.
And by the way my last three dogs and two cats came from the shelter.
If you're buying from a breeder you are supporting a puppy mill.... it's that simple.... breeding for profit... and if you are buying from a person who has "puppies for sale" because their dog had a litter of pups.. well... they are just plain irresponsible for not having their dog fixed. I don't expect you to understand.... I would bet it all you are born and raised in BG w/ little or no education... but then again I'm the idiot wasting time on topix.... I guess I'm just as pathetic... then again... my spelling is pretty good considering the way most people spell on here!
My favorite quote on cops:
"What I did?"
woof woof..........
Rover

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 7, 2011
 
Amanda

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 7, 2011
 
I don't have anything against the shelter or anything the next dog I get will be from there but if they want a pup from a breeder then who cares
bg gal

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 8, 2011
 
Amanda wrote:
I don't have anything against the shelter or anything the next dog I get will be from there but if they want a pup from a breeder then who cares
All the people saying "who cares" is what gets us in trouble. If we all cared a little more then we wouldn't be euthanizing animals every day just because there aren't enough homes for them. Even if you don't care about animals, there are so many ways this problem is affecting our environment, tax dollars, and many other things. "Who cares" is one of the most passive, irresponsible things anyone would say.
Amanda

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 8, 2011
 
bg gal wrote:
<quoted text>All the people saying "who cares" is what gets us in trouble. If we all cared a little more then we wouldn't be euthanizing animals every day just because there aren't enough homes for them. Even if you don't care about animals, there are so many ways this problem is affecting our environment, tax dollars, and many other things. "Who cares" is one of the most passive, irresponsible things anyone would say.

Ok first of all you don't know me! So don't sit there and tell me I don't care about animals because that's far from the truth! The person wants a lab pup. When's the last time the shelter had a 6 week old lab pup? The shelter may not have what this person wants. And if your gonna get a dog your gonna get one that you want. Like I said in my last comment I have nothing against the shelter, and I hate that a lot of dogs and cats have to be euthanized.
Emily

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 8, 2011
 
When we were looking for a new dog, the BG humane society DID have a 8 week old yellow lab puppy. We ended up getting a 5 week old black lab puppy from the Ohio Co. animal shelter. With a little patience you can get exactly what youíre looking from a shelter. At the same time youíre saving an animalís life. However, not all breeders are puppy mills. My friend breeds chocolate labs- They are raised in their kitchen, grow up with their kids and receive lots of love. They are responsible breeders and care about their animals. That is why their puppies cost $600 each!! We paid $75 for our puppy and that included getting her spayed.
Duck Commander

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 8, 2011
 
Labrador Retriever Pups wrote:
Looking for a full blooded Labrador Retriever puppy for a reasonable price. The color of the dog doesnt matter.
Google this name "Barren river labradors" Ty Clenney has some of the best labs I have ever came across. There is a difference between a "full blooded" lab and one that has a good pedigree. Are you looking for an American Lab or British? american labs are more streamlined. They are more of a "working" dog. British labs are more thick coat, shorter, stockier and they are bred mostly for show. Hope this helps :)

“Don't Feed the Trolls”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 9, 2011
 
bg gal wrote:
<quoted text>
All the people saying "who cares" is what gets us in trouble. If we all cared a little more then we wouldn't be euthanizing animals every day just because there aren't enough homes for them. Even if you don't care about animals, there are so many ways this problem is affecting our environment, tax dollars, and many other things. "Who cares" is one of the most passive, irresponsible things anyone would say.
Just a little FYI, in the ways of Public Relations and Advertisement, shoving a company/organization down people's throats is NOT "plugging" them, nor is it positive press for said company/organization. Just saying....
bg gal

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 9, 2011
 
Anon0131 wrote:
<quoted text>Just a little FYI, in the ways of Public Relations and Advertisement, shoving a company/organization down people's throats is NOT "plugging" them, nor is it positive press for said company/organization. Just saying....
Just a little FYI, I wasn't "plugging" anyone or trying to advertise. The shelter is a non-profit city/county organization. They don't need my PR. I'm trying to bring awareness to the bigger problem of animal overpopulation. Just like some of the other people posting, I threw out another option. Just saying...
William

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Feb 9, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

I'm a classy, distinguished gentleman who requires his companion animals to be purebred with papers. That's why when am in search of a quality dog, I go to Topix.

...

“Don't Feed the Trolls”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Feb 9, 2011
 
bg gal wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a little FYI, I wasn't "plugging" anyone or trying to advertise. The shelter is a non-profit city/county organization. They don't need my PR. I'm trying to bring awareness to the bigger problem of animal overpopulation. Just like some of the other people posting, I threw out another option. Just saying...
I see you saying the same thing over and over and over and over in all threads related to animals. That's why I said something. There is absolutely no reason to be a malicious bitch about it.
bg gal

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Feb 10, 2011
 
Anon0131 wrote:
<quoted text>I see you saying the same thing over and over and over and over in all threads related to animals. That's why I said something. There is absolutely no reason to be a malicious bitch about it.
Hmmm....you can dish it out but you can't take it. My second post to you was written in the exact style and tone as the one you wrote addressing me. I was responding in the same manner you addressed me and that makes me a malicious bitch? What does that make you?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

79 Users are viewing the Bowling Green Forum right now

Search the Bowling Green Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Get the Bowling Green Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min Jay 138,789
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 39 min Yep 16,031
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 42 min Yep 81,217
P on Me 43 min Ponu 1
tobacco shops in bg! - natural american spirit ... (Feb '11) 46 min Past present 3
When is it OK to snitch on someone? (Aug '13) 52 min Wrong 23
I love being stalked 1 hr midget 31
•••
•••
•••
•••

Bowling Green Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Bowling Green People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••