New management needed at Walmart on C...

New management needed at Walmart on Campbell Lane

Posted in the Bowling Green Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hoyt

Canton, OH

#1 Mar 3, 2013
Need some new management at Walmart on Campbell lane. Store is full of people but only a few registers open. Can't find anybody to help in the departments. Has been this way for months and getting worse. Apparently they are too cheap to hire enough help. Customer service seems to have an attitude problem and don't give a damn.
Yepppp

Westmoreland, TN

#2 Mar 3, 2013
I think they are trying to work a "Skeleton Crew" to cut back. Have you noticed they are using the "Self" Check outs more by keeping more of them open (especially at night)? Big company Big ideas don't always work! I agree with you, Hoyt!
Hmm

Canton, OH

#3 Mar 6, 2013
Too cheap to hire more help? I am pretty sure that there are signs inside and outside the building saying that they are hiring. But hey let's just get on Topix and vent about it just because you had to wait in line for longer than five minutes!
Yepppp

Westmoreland, TN

#4 Mar 6, 2013
Hmm wrote:
Too cheap to hire more help? I am pretty sure that there are signs inside and outside the building saying that they are hiring. But hey let's just get on Topix and vent about it just because you had to wait in line for longer than five minutes!
Hey, speak for yourself! I'm not impatient...standing in line gives me time to read the National Enquirer, Soap news, and who's cheating who in Hollywood!:) Have a nice day!
yep, still sucks.

United States

#5 Mar 6, 2013
I used to work at the one on Morgantown Road. It's the same there too. I'm not necessarily a 'disgruntled' ex-employee. I really don't like A LOT of the company's practices, but I quit for a job that paid much more and had steady hours and it was in my field of study. Essentially, they're trying to migrate completely to self checks to reduce their budget. When they cut out door greeters, they weeded out some of the employees that had been there and loyal simply because many of them were full-time and made more. Several of the stores getting renovated are integrating to more self checks. Personally I think that's a TERRIBLE idea. No door greeters+ more self checks=loss of business and assets. If an individual is smart enough, they can essentially walk out of there with a cartful of free stuff AND some people hate self checks and aren't interested in learning how to use them. I just prefer to sit back and watch the company crash and burn. You really wanna mess with them though? Mention unions.
Fog Horn

Bowling Green, KY

#6 Mar 7, 2013
I only go to Walmart to fart anyway. I never buy anything there.
Happy Granny

Scottsville, KY

#7 Nov 15, 2013
Hey people! Nothing is new! After all they are known as the Cost Cutters, aren't they? Personally I am thrilled that the Dollar General Stores & the Family Dollar Stores are now giving them a run for their pinched pennies.....I have been waiting for this for a very long time.
Master Blaster

Bowling Green, KY

#8 Nov 15, 2013
I never use the check outs because I only go there to phart on fat people.
JustPlainBubba

Alliance, OH

#9 Nov 15, 2013
Hoyt wrote:
Need some new management at Walmart on Campbell lane. Store is full of people but only a few registers open. Can't find anybody to help in the departments. Has been this way for months and getting worse. Apparently they are too cheap to hire enough help. Customer service seems to have an attitude problem and don't give a damn.
Fact is.....preparing for Obamacare!!!! SERIOUS!!! Cut backs and lay-offs!!!
No Bull

Bowling Green, KY

#10 Nov 15, 2013
I can't wait for Meijer to open it's going to put the hurt to wally world! Finally a store with CLASS AND A UNION !
RedneckBubba

Alliance, OH

#11 Nov 15, 2013
No Bull wrote:
I can't wait for Meijer to open it's going to put the hurt to wally world! Finally a store with CLASS AND A UNION !
Kroger has a union....look how f'ed up THEY are!!!
ex employee

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Nov 19, 2013
I worked there for a very short time, and the reason why they can't keep help, is because they don't want to pay more than minimum wage for the crap you have to deal with working there.
Another Customer

Bowling Green, KY

#13 Nov 19, 2013
I don't mind waiting more than five minutes. I just think the whole store is a constant mess. That's what would clue me in that they have less employees. Every department is messy, all the time. The store looks junky. I ran to Franklin Wal-Mart one day while down there and it was totally different though. Everything on the shelves was in line and in place. Wonder why? You would think it would be the same way. Yes, when Meijer's opens I will be shopping there too. No more Wal-Mart for me!
Angel

Canton, OH

#14 Mar 2, 2014
What about Walmart Express? Now they want to build smaller express stores to kill Dollar General. Personally I hate shopping at Walmart. The store is always dirty.
Retail employee

La Grange, KY

#15 Mar 6, 2014
First off Kroger is not effed up lol and there is nothing wrong with the walmart management half of you people commenting on here haven't worked a day in retail in your life. It's not like they can pull employees out there ass to open more check lanes we have so many hours where allotted to give out and can't go over them. It's a corporate thing. So before you judge something learn your facts
DEFCON_ONE

Newport, KY

#16 Mar 7, 2014
If the stores look f'ed up, they ARE f'ed up....period. It does not take retail experience to see if a store works well and pleases its customers, an obvious 'fail' on many front at both aforementioned stores!!!
employee

Alvaton, KY

#17 Mar 15, 2014
Not to defend any of Wal-mart's practices, but the store schedule is 100% determined by home office. As an ex third shift stocker of that very store, I had to listen to my managers bitch and bitch about how they couldn't do anything about the huge lines around midnight every night, except train some stockers on register and have us do it.
stfu

Elizabeth, NJ

#18 Mar 30, 2014
Please feel free to put in an application if you guys think you can make you run so much better...oh, by the way...even if you are in charge, you aren't in charge. You must follow constant set backs and incorporate changes from corporate, whom have probably never worked a day in a store but they say their numbers work therefor you must make them work. If you argue, if you fight back, if you run the store the way you want to...you're gone. These managers are fighting to keep a job, not making the salary they should be for the hours they put in...and then they constantly must listen to people continuously bitch about the lack of help....pretty sure they were already aware.
Another Customer

Bowling Green, KY

#19 Apr 3, 2014
I know exactly what you are talking about. I worked 8 1/2 years at the Greenwood Mall Sears store. If I had stayed another 1 1/2 years I could have had a lifetime employee discount, but I could not stand the thought of staying another day! This was about the time they decided to take the department cash registers out and make the three centralized cash wraps (now down to two) in the store. And we all know this was not a decision made at the local level. I was given a phone and designated to stocker and running person. I would stock the soft depts and then be a runner for whoever called my phone. The hard part was when I was on a mission for someone and then a customer in the store needed me. They never understood that I couldn't help them first. It was a total mess! And as you can see, it hasn't worked for them. Just head over to Sears and see what condition the Sears store is in now.
midget

La Grange, KY

#20 Apr 3, 2014
wal-mart cashiers are complaining about the managers...managers are applying for jobs at meijers and planning to leave in june when meijers opens...also if cashiers at wal-mart work overtime, they have to take longer lunches so not to get pay for the hours they worked

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chad Baugh (May '11) 23 min Lost42103 35
Sexting 52 min Come on 2
Blue eyes 2 hr Quattro 20
Country oven bakery 3 hr Hmmn 10
Spectrum Cable 3 hr Sara V 3
dawn duley 4 hr Activaye 8
Chad Allen perrine? 4 hr better than you 27

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance