First Prev
of 4
Next Last
marty

Knob Lick, KY

#1 Dec 28, 2008
I went with a friend to Wha Bah's Friday night to seeasting Shadows play. Casting Shadows put on a great show..that lead singer has great range and his voice is beautiful for rock music...This was a benefit singing for local lids I think....I am now a fan of this young group...There was also a band called Noisey Joy--I think, but this group was pretty good...Please support all groups in South Central Kentucky..

www.myspace.com/castingshadows5

I would like to know Noisey Joy website if they have one....Thanks
Cody

Bowling Green, KY

#2 Jan 5, 2009
Marty I bet your father spent the first few years of your life throwing rocks at the stork.

Besides that, Wah Bahs is a joke. They kicked me out one afternoon when I was waiting for my friends to finish their beers so I could drive them home. Apparently the waiters completely condone drunk driving.
sissy

Knob Lick, KY

#3 Jan 5, 2009
I really dont know what you meant by your smart ass remark but I am sure by what you have said so far you deserved to be kicked out...
server

Roswell, GA

#4 Jan 7, 2009
Cody wrote:
Marty I bet your father spent the first few years of your life throwing rocks at the stork.
Besides that, Wah Bahs is a joke. They kicked me out one afternoon when I was waiting for my friends to finish their beers so I could drive them home. Apparently the waiters completely condone drunk driving.
next time wait in ur car!!! this is bar not a waiting room.. chairs cost $$$
Whatever

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Jan 7, 2009
Hey server I went in one day and waited for my husband do get done with his meal so we could go do something and no one said a word to me. By (g man upstairs) if they would have BGPD would have been called cause I would have tore the roof off! Cody a lot of places "condone drunk driving" wow you guys made a whole extra 15 bucks good job, and to you again server you made Wah Bahs look real shitty! Your boss should fire you!

wmm

Since: Jan 09

Alliance, OH

#6 Jan 7, 2009
kick me out while i'm with paying customers, the whole place would have been cleared out because i would have screamed there was a cockroach in my tators....
Whatever

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Jan 8, 2009
LOL paying or not, that guys buddies were paying, and he was making sure they had a safe ride home, what they should have done is say look dude buy a coke or something not just make him leave!
right

Bowling Green, KY

#8 Jan 8, 2009
Of course, the dude could be lying about being kicked out.
Whatever

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Jan 8, 2009
sure he could be, but that's the only story we have to go on so in our eyes he got kicked out then some "server" gets on here and tells him he should have waited in the car. Okay anyway I really dont care it just makes me mad when "bars" places to eat make it sound like you pay for a seat. It's a public place and that's that.

*DUDE WHO GO KICKED OUT WHAT IT THE WHOLE STORY WE WANT TO KNOW*
right

Smiths Grove, KY

#10 Jan 8, 2009
I think Cody's simply a liar. liar liar liar

“Meanwhile Back At The Ranch.”

Since: Sep 08

Tompkinsville,Ky.

#11 Jan 8, 2009
isn't that the place that also did the horsepower racing hour this past season on WKCT ?

i thought it was a bit odd for a bar who pushes sports that they did not have the NFL network.

i also thought the sound system sucked.

it has a lot of potential but seems to lack direction and vision by owner/mgt.

the food did smell good. the cook looked clean the the waitress's there that night were pretty and the right blend of sexy but not sluty.

the bartender as i stepped up was busy/covered up at the time but he had enough sense to make eye contact and point. what that tells me as a waiting customer is that i won't have to wait long.once he got to me he said"sorry man i got blitzed" we both laughed. also the waitress's all made eye contact and said hello. both examples showed me they did have good customer service in mind. that means a lot around here.

i can see all types of sizzle opportunities and lot's of money to be made with the right concepts.

server

Elizabethtown, KY

#12 Jan 8, 2009
Whatever wrote:
sure he could be, but that's the only story we have to go on so in our eyes he got kicked out then some "server" gets on here and tells him he should have waited in the car. Okay anyway I really dont care it just makes me mad when "bars" places to eat make it sound like you pay for a seat. It's a public place and that's that.
*DUDE WHO GO KICKED OUT WHAT IT THE WHOLE STORY WE WANT TO KNOW*
WRONG!!! it is a private establishment..you have no rights to the property.
server

Elizabethtown, KY

#13 Jan 8, 2009
Tompkinsville Talker wrote:
isn't that the place that also did the horsepower racing hour this past season on WKCT ?
i thought it was a bit odd for a bar who pushes sports that they did not have the NFL network.
i also thought the sound system sucked.
it has a lot of potential but seems to lack direction and vision by owner/mgt.
the food did smell good. the cook looked clean the the waitress's there that night were pretty and the right blend of sexy but not sluty.
the bartender as i stepped up was busy/covered up at the time but he had enough sense to make eye contact and point. what that tells me as a waiting customer is that i won't have to wait long.once he got to me he said"sorry man i got blitzed" we both laughed. also the waitress's all made eye contact and said hello. both examples showed me they did have good customer service in mind. that means a lot around here.
i can see all types of sizzle opportunities and lot's of money to be made with the right concepts.
finally< a good paying customer. feel free to stop in anytime.

Tompkinsville,Ky.

#14 Jan 8, 2009
well thanks. i don't get out as much as i like due to some recent medical issues. lack of ability and lack of money are a bad combo when it comes to wanting to get out.

however things seem to be taking a turn for the better and i look forward to me,smokin joe,grandaddy and spivey all getting together and drinking a cold one.

i liked the place enough to want to try the menu and drink a beer. i am far more comfortable in a place like Wha Bah's than a bar like ramada inn or the high end places in nashville.

country boy around country folks is my comfort zone.

wmm

Since: Jan 09

Alliance, OH

#15 Jan 8, 2009
server wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG!!! it is a private establishment..you have no rights to the property.
yeah you can get kicked out whenever the mgt thinks it's necessary but it's not right...

Tompkinsville,Ky.

#16 Jan 8, 2009
Cody wrote:
i think your full of it. i can't think of the first bar that i've ever been in that didn't offer a designated driver at the very least a couple of free cokes and a thank you.

so what's your real beef ? a waitress shoot you down ? the bartender cut you off ?
pepper

Alliance, OH

#17 Jan 9, 2009
wmm wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah you can get kicked out whenever the mgt thinks it's necessary but it's not right...

Can I come into your home and trash it? You might want to kick me out because you think it's necessary, but it's not RIGHT (according to you).

WAKE UP!
wah hah

Alliance, OH

#18 Jan 9, 2009
server wrote:
<quoted text>
finally< a good paying customer. feel free to stop in anytime.
be carefull he may try to cop a feel
owner

Bowling Green, KY

#19 Jan 9, 2009
Cody wrote:
hey buddy just to let you know whabahs in no way condones drunk driving and we have rarely kicked any customers out! any customers who have been asked to leave were asked because they were being loud, rude, excessively obnoxious to other customers or have tried to start confrontations. we do not condone any of that behavior at our establishment and we are a privatly owned and operated company and have the right to refuse service to anyone but welcome all until they deserve to be asked to leave. bowling green no longer has a taxi service only private individuals who offer driving services and we work with them on a regular basis and have many times refused to let customers drive themselves, in fact we have paid ride home fares for curtious patrons. we are a family steakhouse 1st with a bar and entertainment. you can come in just about any time any day and see many guests simply relaxing, visiting with friends or staff or just enjoying some good music while never ordering a single item and we welcome them completely however long they wish to stay. if you were asked to leave it was deffinitely for a specific reason and if it was for no reason i would think your friends would have left with you but i guess they thought you were asked deservedly so. we also welcome back anyone who has been asked to leave the next day and to realize we run a respectible business and have to think of all our patrons. if you have any problems with us we ask you to come back and bring it to our attention so we may improve. i am an owner and ask you to see me personally with any issue good or bad-PERKY WHABAH!!!!!!!!!!

Tompkinsville,Ky.

#20 Jan 9, 2009
cop a feel ? just what section of the 1970's are you from ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Bowling Green Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Deputy Sheriff Tommy Brown (Mar '13) 8 min MoreFacts 403
Drugged at Double Dogs 34 min daddy 20
Dr. Phillips has lost it (Sep '10) 1 hr been there 52
*** Ryan's Thanksgiving Day Dinner *** (Nov '10) 1 hr cpat 34
slu*s 3 hr horny 1
bi guy 3 hr horny 8
bowling green metalforming 3 hr bgm Robert 5
I Love you 4 hr studmuffin 64
Bowling Green Dating