First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“1,670 miles to Vegas!”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#1 Apr 28, 2009
What the heck happened? Up over .20 cents a gallon today.

“1 p\/\/n y0ur n37w0rk”

Since: Dec 08

United States

#2 Apr 28, 2009
That's what gas prices do. They're fun like that.
whatever

Alliance, OH

#3 Apr 29, 2009
I call it greed on the part of the station owners.
ha ha he he

Canton, OH

#4 Apr 29, 2009
What? Have you not heard the latest announcement?!?! The rise in gas prices is due to the swine flu!!!(that is just as logical as any other explaination)
Its not the stations

Alliance, OH

#5 Apr 29, 2009
It just changes people, its the great mystery, haha... I just got back from the northwest and gas prices there are sitting around 2.40 and in Flordia there like a $1.99
hey yall

Franklin, OH

#6 Apr 29, 2009
summer consumption. untill this summer gas was strongly affected by oil pricing. Not anymore, oil is down
Dragonesque

Evansville, IN

#7 Apr 29, 2009
It's interesting that as the price for a barrel of oil falls or remains steady, the price at the pump more often than not INCREASES. It's price fixing pure and simple. But until we can all fuel our cars with hope and wishes, we'll have to grit our collective teeth and endure it. Won't we?
Sickandtired

Westmoreland, TN

#8 Apr 29, 2009
Gas prices...and I thought price gouging was against the law.
Dr Suess

Franklin, OH

#9 May 1, 2009
Houchens-- dont they own gas in BG??
Well Well

Alliance, OH

#10 May 2, 2009
Houchens is the problem. You can get gas cheaper in Scottsville or Franklin. Houchens has bought out the Bowling Green market. That's called a monopoly.
wow

Bardstown, KY

#11 May 2, 2009
I worked for Houchens (the office) for 5 1/2 years, and I can tell you that they don't make anything on gas. No gas stations do, they make like 5 cents per gallon, if that sometimes. When I worked there, they made 10 cents per gallon, and that was the most they've ever made per gallon at the time. Convenient stores make their money from you buying the stuff inside, not that gas outside.

Gas stations don't have much say in what they can charge, as Houchens pays Key Oil to transport and deliver their gas, so price is determined on what their actual costs are from the latest shipment.
Lee

Alliance, OH

#12 May 2, 2009
Why is Bowling Green higher than Scottsville and Franklin?
Dr Suess

Franklin, OH

#13 May 2, 2009
wow wrote:
I worked for Houchens (the office) for 5 1/2 years, and I can tell you that they don't make anything on gas. No gas stations do, they make like 5 cents per gallon, if that sometimes. When I worked there, they made 10 cents per gallon, and that was the most they've ever made per gallon at the time. Convenient stores make their money from you buying the stuff inside, not that gas outside.
Gas stations don't have much say in what they can charge, as Houchens pays Key Oil to transport and deliver their gas, so price is determined on what their actual costs are from the latest shipment.
then why they buying all the gas stations then??

surely not ego is it??
Lee

Alliance, OH

#14 May 2, 2009
Fred Higgins of Minute Mart has bought a lot of gas stations too. He must be making more than 5 cents a gallon.
Lee

Alliance, OH

#15 May 2, 2009
This from CNN says they make about 23 cents a gallon
http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/12/3... .
Lee

Alliance, OH

#16 May 2, 2009
Confessions of a gas station owner - CNN.com Profit margins at the gas pump stay at around 23 cents a gallon, regardless of the ... For the gas station owner that pays for the fuel before it's sold,...
www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/12/31/aa.co... - 75k - Cached - Similar pages
Lee

Alliance, OH

#17 May 2, 2009
I had to repost the link worked better the second time I posted.
Brad Main

Haubstadt, IN

#18 May 2, 2009
Joey JoJo Jr Shabadoo wrote:
What the heck happened? Up over .20 cents a gallon today.
It is clearly the fault of Hussein Obama and the democratic controlled congress. After all, they take credit for anything good so they get the bad news too.

“1,670 miles to Vegas!”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#19 May 2, 2009
Brad Main wrote:
<quoted text>
It is clearly the fault of Hussein Obama and the democratic controlled congress. After all, they take credit for anything good so they get the bad news too.
Does your head hurt much from all of that thinking?
What the Heck

Alliance, OH

#20 May 2, 2009
Gas at Swifty in Russellville is $1.77 per gallon.

Bowling Green's Swifty is $1.99 per gallon.

Tell me why, other than GREED. Or simply stated, "Because they can".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The man who loves me 19 min til the end of time 1
Trailer park 27 min Moving 5
wwe indian hills 33 min Whatever 15
melissa dickersom 57 min Blah 2
lyndsey young DCBS under investigation 1 hr Proudmama1993 5
Auto from magna 2 hr Judy gardener 1
To all believers 2 hr Estephano Aries 13

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance