Ob/ Gyn is Bowling Green
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
concernedme

Alliance, OH

#1 May 7, 2008
Hello!

I am new to the area. My husband and I are thinking about starting a family. Does anyone have any suggestions on who to go to or who I should stay away from?

Thanks!
jpj

Utica, KY

#2 May 7, 2008
When I had my daughter in 2004 I went to Drs. McCool and Gass. They are just awesome and upbeat doctors. Any concern I had they sat and talked it out with me. I had to stop seeing them because of insurance reasons and am now seeing Dr. Trevor at the women's Health Specialist in the Medical Center. If he stops being a doctor I don't know what I would do. I have been going to him for 4 years now and I actually like him better than McCool and Gass. He is down to Earth you can say what you please type of person. He usually is a little behind with his patients but that is because he gives you his undivided attention. I have kept him in the exam room for quite a while talking to him about my concerns. All three of these doctors are great but my best is Trevor. Hope this helps. And of course everyone has their own opinion about who is the best.
Carrie

Frankfort, KY

#3 May 8, 2008
I have gone to Dr. Granese for years. She has had 5 kids of her own and is very good. She will be open and honest with you and is direct and to the point.
jpj

White House, TN

#4 May 8, 2008
Carrie wrote:
I have gone to Dr. Granese for years. She has had 5 kids of her own and is very good. She will be open and honest with you and is direct and to the point.
Not saying she is a bad doctor but she scared the crap out of my cousin's wife when she was pregnant. She was a nervous wreck the whole time she was pregnant. She kept calling me and asking me if everything was going to be ok. I think that she just took her the wrong way when she was telling her information. I even think she went back to her to have her second child this year.
concernedme

Alliance, OH

#5 May 8, 2008
Thanks for the input. I am used to seeing a female doctor. I looked up the Women's Health Specialist Center, and it looks like they have two female doctors in the practice. Dr. Kasica and Dr. Andrews. Are you familiar with either of them?
I believe there are also a few other women OBs in the area. It is my preference to go to a female if possible. Thanks so much for replying!
womens health ctr

Alliance, OH

#6 May 9, 2008
I am not sure if this is still the case but the womens health specialist center where dr kasica is used to be the group that took all the welfare cases. They went thru doctors right and left and a couple of them were horrible. I do not know the new ones there or if they are still considered the group that takes all the welfare cases. I would check it out though.
jpj

Utica, KY

#7 May 9, 2008
womens health ctr wrote:
I am not sure if this is still the case but the womens health specialist center where dr kasica is used to be the group that took all the welfare cases. They went thru doctors right and left and a couple of them were horrible. I do not know the new ones there or if they are still considered the group that takes all the welfare cases. I would check it out though.
I am not on welfare and go there. I have insurance. I do understand what you are saying though. They did take lots of cases like that and lots of medical cards cases. They do still accept the medical card though. It has had to have straightened up because I love going there and I don't see lots of "homely" people there. I would say that it has cleaned up. I haven't went to the woman as I prefer a male doctor. To me the female doctors are like deal with it I have to go through it too. Where as a male doctor doesn't really know your pain. Just my opinion so don't anybody judge me on that. lol.
happy

Bowling Green, KY

#8 May 30, 2008
I used to go to Hewitt who I thought was a good surgeon but a bad practitioner - but have switched to Dr. Kasica and I found her to be more in tune with my personality and particular female issues.

I dont recall seeing any 'welfare' people in the office, and quite frankly, I dont care if they help people in need. I get the straight answers that I need from the woman, and she has a great bedside manner.

If you are from the north or the east coast you may have a hard time finding the right ob/gyn here. There are a few that have their own ideas about things.

Dr. Kasica doesnt seem to have those issues, I liked her very much.

And I am an insured, educated professional - not a welfare case.
BEWARE

Alliance, OH

#9 Jun 28, 2008
concernedme wrote:
Hello!
I am new to the area. My husband and I are thinking about starting a family. Does anyone have any suggestions on who to go to or who I should stay away from?
Thanks!
The only suggestion I can give is do not go to DR. Trevor or DR. Nemeck. They messed up my sisters delivery and cut all her spincter muscles and now she has to have a colostomy bag hopefully not for the rest of her life, she has had it on for about a yr now....so just beware
Mommy from Hart

Glasgow, KY

#11 Aug 21, 2008
Dr. Drexel at Graves Gilbert Clinic is awesome. He just did my c-section on 7-28-08. He is so nice, He did not act like he was rushed and I always fell very comfortable with him. Not to mention he's not bad to look at either. lol.
Taken

Glendale, KY

#12 Aug 22, 2008
Yeah McCool and Gas are good althought Gas is a little strange.
for taken

Alliance, OH

#13 Aug 22, 2008
McCool is gone. They hired two more ob's in that office; one is male (Drexel I presume) and the other female..just fyi.
Anonymous

Fort Thomas, KY

#14 Aug 23, 2008
Dr. Davis of Hewitt, Davis, Fee, and Lyons is a wonderful doctor. He is very professional.
hello

Adolphus, KY

#15 Aug 24, 2008
concernedme wrote:
Thanks for the input. I am used to seeing a female doctor. I looked up the Women's Health Specialist Center, and it looks like they have two female doctors in the practice. Dr. Kasica and Dr. Andrews. Are you familiar with either of them?
I believe there are also a few other women OBs in the area. It is my preference to go to a female if possible. Thanks so much for replying!
Dr.Kasica was my doctor with my first and she was awesome very kind.And then she was for my second that ended in miscarriage and she was there for me and she was very kind during the rough time.Now I am on number 3 and I have made a appt. for Dr. Andrews cause she is filled up till so late but I get to see Dr. Kasica at my next appt.I am so at easy with Dr. Kasica she is such a great doctor.
GRAVELROADS

Bowling Green, KY

#16 Aug 26, 2008
Mommy from Hart wrote:
Dr. Drexel at Graves Gilbert Clinic is awesome. He just did my c-section on 7-28-08. He is so nice, He did not act like he was rushed and I always fell very comfortable with him. Not to mention he's not bad to look at either. lol.
I was seeing McCool but he has since left and now I have to pick another DR. Gass is not taking any new people at this time. The new lady DR will not be back until December. So all that was left was Drexel. I have an appt set with him next month.. nice to hear good things about him.
EC Chick

Elizabethtown, KY

#17 Aug 26, 2008
I went to Dr Hewitt, and was good, but when I went into labor Dr. Lyons delivered my son and she was so wonderful! She is very soft spoken, and calm and I loved her.
MONKEY

Cave City, KY

#18 Aug 27, 2008
THEY ALL LIKE TO PLAY WITH YOUR MONKEY
badhairday

Bowling Green, KY

#19 Aug 27, 2008
MONKEY wrote:
THEY ALL LIKE TO PLAY WITH YOUR MONKEY
your stupid!
MONKEY

Cave City, KY

#20 Aug 27, 2008
badhairday wrote:
<quoted text>
your stupid!
why shoot i already knew that!!! i get my check out of the mail box every month.....do you wanna monkey??? it's free!!!
tville

Mount Ida, AR

#21 Sep 6, 2008
The Dr. Fee that was in with Dr. Davis has cancer. Please keep her in your prayers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
anyone else just hear an extremely loud boom? (Mar '13) 31 min nah 65
Add a word, Drop a word. (Jul '12) 1 hr daisy 5,831
News Bowling Green Man Arrested on Meth Charges (Sep '09) 1 hr Law dog 19
Kiloisha 1 hr Love 1
BGHS recruiting again (Jun '09) 3 hr Snoop 30
seth wilson 3 hr std seth 4
Blonde troubles 3 hr Notimetokill 31
Toots restaurant closed down permanently 14 hr On One 20

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bowling Green Mortgages