Crossland Community Church

Posted in the Bowling Green Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Searching for a Place

Bowling Green, KY

#1 Nov 17, 2010
Can anyone tell your impression of Crossland Community Church in Bowling Green, KY? Is it a true place to worship God or more of a social club? I've heard both.
Major Tom

Bowling Green, KY

#2 Nov 17, 2010
It's a cult.
mothership1

Canton, OH

#3 Nov 17, 2010
Are they working on a spaceship like Hillvue? Hillvue projects their starship to be complete in late 2011 however actual flight testing wont begin until around 2013. I understand their plasma converter dang near destroyed the entire space port at the secret location.
MSk2

New Albany, IN

#4 Nov 18, 2010
I'm surprised that much info came out about Hillview's ship. That plasma converter incident could have been really bad for the area if the Hillview diddlehanger group didn't contain it in time. BTW, Crossland seems fine. No ships for them.
Nice Place

Canton, OH

#5 Nov 18, 2010
It's a nice place. I mean you obviously make friends there, I certainly have, but it's not just a "let's see who is the churchiest person" type place. It says "community" in the name. It's a place where anyone can come and worship. Try it out :) The services are Sundays at 8AM, 9:30AM, and 11AM. Really the only way you can decide whether or not you like a church is to actually go to it once or twice. Then if you don't like it there are plenty of other options. It's kind of like shopping for jeans. Some stores have the right kind and others don't. But you won't know until you try them on :D!
mothership1

Canton, OH

#6 Nov 21, 2010
MSk2 wrote:
I'm surprised that much info came out about Hillview's ship. That plasma converter incident could have been really bad for the area if the Hillview diddlehanger group didn't contain it in time. BTW, Crossland seems fine. No ships for them.
You'll look foolish when Hillvue finishes with the first test flight. Warp drive has already been proven in the lab setting and once the plasma converter is perfected other planets like ours will be within a months travel time.

Quit screwing around with this stuff! You don't know what you're messing with.
dont cha know

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Nov 23, 2010
Crossland is a very nice church, but you should check it out for yourself
billW

Canton, OH

#8 Nov 27, 2010
good advice.
Lisa in Bowling Green

Bowling Green, KY

#9 Dec 11, 2010
Same thing I said in another post asking about this:
CC Church has definitely involved a lot a people at their Bowling Green location, partially because it is a very easy going, accepting church. If you want to drink and pursue financial status by networking through the church members...go right ahead. It actually seems to be supported by the church in many ways. Check out the "Window World" testimonial commercial. That guy looks familiar...wonder if the own of Window World goes to CC....Hmmm.. yes.

The church strongly encourages their members to join into "small groups", a great idea for support and accountability. However, these small groups become your center of socialization within the church and can become the same outside the church, running others in your life out.

They meet weekly to "Bible study", but I know CCC small groups who spend some of their time together watching sports and drinking beer during Bible study time. I know of several people who weren't drinkers prior to joining the church and then suddenly were as an attempt to join and fit in. If you were on the outside looking at new members who fell deep into their small group, you would probably refer to their group as a CULT, which they have been referred to as. Many of those people change. Many of them are really more of a FACEBOOK/MYSPACE church group, a social network, with a little religion on the side.

The church is often referred to as Crossland "BG" and "AG". This refers to the church before the current pastor and after he started. Since the current pastor has become established, in order to further his agenda and vision, he has slowly ousted the old leadership and when new, impressionable attendees come in, has molded and stroked them into the positions of leadership, so he has persons with whom his views have built in support.

I have a hard time faulting a church that has brought many people into a church who may have never set foot in one. I try hard not to judge. I prayed over this for a long time and asked for peace over it, but just can't seem to get it. I know I'm at fault. I don't know the hearts of the members or the leadership...I only know what I've seen from within and without and it disturbs me. Much of it has to do with how I was raised. Church was not only where you were spiritually fed, but also kept on the straight and narrow, not led astray. It wasn't about what socially and financially influential people you could network with to better your business or proudly claim.."Oh yes girl, I go to church with them!" It was about developing and nourishing a relationship with God above all else.

Understand, every church has it's faults. Pray about it and pray about it hard. Don't just take a invitation from a friend as a "sign". God will find a place for you whether it be Crossland Community Church or not.
mothership1

Canton, OH

#10 Dec 12, 2010
I cannot speak for others but the lack of a space program has guided me elsewhere. Why would they not plan for the inevitable and being working an a spacecraft to help their members explore beyond this planet? I understand the plasma converter issue is resolved over at the Hillvue Spaceport and their ship should flight test (suborbital) in 2012.
crossland lover

Bowling Green, KY

#11 Dec 16, 2010
It's is an amazing wonderful church that makes you feel like you belong from the very beginning. The services are amazing and i have never been closer to God.
mothership1

Canton, OH

#12 Dec 16, 2010
crossland lover wrote:
It's is an amazing wonderful church that makes you feel like you belong from the very beginning. The services are amazing and i have never been closer to God.
I understand the feeling completely however you would feel much closer to God if they had a space program. Interstellar travel is coming people. Get on board!
Adam - Crossland Member

White House, TN

#13 Dec 20, 2010
Wow, some very interesting reading here! I would highly encourage you to visit our church. I have been attending for a couple years now and have rarely missed a service. Crossland finds the strength of each member and attempts to put you to work with your talents. Many of the church's I have attended in the past were very stanch and sterile, but there is something powerful @ Crossland. Before Crossland I church hopped, and never found a "home". Crossland is my church home now...

BTW: the childrens ministry is amazing!
Rachel

Canton, OH

#14 Dec 30, 2010
I'm sorry but what is this spaceship crap about..you people sound CRAZZZZZY!!!!!
mothership1

Canton, OH

#15 Dec 30, 2010
Rachel wrote:
I'm sorry but what is this spaceship crap about..you people sound CRAZZZZZY!!!!!
Please don't be a hater and non-believer. There are many private space programs of which you haven't heard. You will not think it crazy when the first sub-orbital flights are published.
Bgky

Canton, OH

#16 Dec 31, 2010
mothership1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't be a hater and non-believer. There are many private space programs of which you haven't heard. You will not think it crazy when the first sub-orbital flights are published.
please complete the thing early and fly away!
Re Lisa

Canton, OH

#17 Jan 1, 2011
Hey Lisa :) I go to Crossland and have been going since high school. I've only got a few comments in response to yours.
Networking: If you go to church, make a friend, and a friend wants to help you, why should that matter? I've had people there help me get a head start in my own career path that I could not have gotten elsewhere. And it was because they love and support me. I'm thankful for their support and without them I would not be where I am today. They didn't do it because they were obligated to and I didn't come to them asking for their help. They (individuals in the church) approached me not knowing other members also approached me and give me advice, suggestions, jobs, etc just...well I guess just because. I don't see anything wrong with supporting members of your church in their endeavors.
Facebook/Myspace: In case anyone here isn't aware, things aren't like they used to be. Often times back in the day people used these ancient tomes called "bulletins" to keep updated in what the church is doing. These bulletins soon turned to a magical device called "the email". Now, with the social medias and networks going in the direction they are, facebook and myspace have become necessary to keep people informed. Many people are there and it's easier to send a facebook update for a group then to email everyone. Bulletins are still provided but people lose those and such. Facebook and Myspace have become essentials for most everything. If it's the direction you must take to keep people informed, why not?
Smallgroups: Can't say I knew that they drank there but if what you say is true then it's unacceptable to me. But in the end, even with peer pressure, it's always down to the individual making a decision. No one forces anyone to do anything.
That's really all I have to say. I'm not trying to be argumentative or anything. I just wanted to defend the church that I have grown to love and has really made me change the way I behave. Without Crossland, I'd still be a sad, bitter, angry person. It's a church that really changed my life. I can tell you this much...since going there the only thing about me that has changed is my attitude. I am still a crazy weird nerdy geeky person as much so as when I walked in those doors. Now I'm just a happier one :) They don't try to force you to change to fit in. They try to lift you up and help you be happy and support you the best they can.
That is just my story though!

--A college kid
OrangeCrush

United States

#18 Mar 3, 2011
Love me some Gregg Farrell and Crossland Comm. Church. Hey mothership, you should come. It is a community of refuge and hope for all people with the Word of God as the foundation. Now this chick in Morgantown, I have no knowledge of men's ministry watching Daytona 500 and slamming Bud Lites. Seriously doubt that claim is true.
Come have a pre race or pre flight prayer. The Kid's Ministry is incredible and unlike anything I have ever seen. Check it before you blast off.

Since: Oct 11

United States

#19 Oct 13, 2011
Let me begin by saying…this truly is a change of heart. I am “Lisa, from Bowling Green” from the above post and I made the long-winded comments regarding Crossland Community Church and I was wrong in doing so. I’m not saying what was said was untrue, however it was wrong to judge, and wrong to compare other people’s beliefs, religion, and way of worshipping to what I think is the “right” way. At the time, I felt hurt and betrayed by some individuals in the church and vented my hurt feelings in a very wrong direction, at the church. EVERY church has issues and problems because all are different and a church congregation is made of people. When we put our faith in man, at some point we will be disappointed and/or feel betrayed. But by putting our faith in God, we will not be disappointed.

There is no other standard besides God’s own and it’s up to each of us to develop our own “…salvation with fear and trembling.”(Phillipians 2:12) Just because I don’t agree with the way another person worships God doesn’t mean it’s not right. The way another person acts is not my place to decide right or wrong. God’s word tells us that we should “judge” in order to discern evil, but not to do so hypocritically. That’s what I did. I passed judgment on way of worship for a group of people. There’s no two ways of about it, I shouldn’t have because I have a “log in my own eye.” God doesn’t forbid us from judging wrong-doing, but to do so when we could easily be judged for our own sins is completely wrong. That’s exactly what I did.

To think and feel this way was one thing and that was my own person battle to work out with God’s help. Where I truly crossed the line was to put it in a public forum such as this. For my own ways I have repented and know God will forgive me and give me peace even though I truly don’t deserve it. For making it public, I have to make this correction and change of heart known to those who may have read my earlier post.

When I wrote the above long-winded comment, I was in a “bad” place in my life. Instead of seeking God’s help and guidance in dealing with my issues, I tried to take care of them myself. As usual, when I do things without His guidance, I messed up completely.

Since shortly after making the posted comment, I have regretted it. I felt justified for a period of time but then conviction set in and it’s been there ever since. Unfortunately, I forgot the password and account information and have been unable to access it since to delete it. Only today did it come to me that this follow-up post might actually be a better way to make my apology known, along with the original post.
(Continued below, hopefully)

Since: Oct 11

United States

#20 Oct 13, 2011
Why the change? Prayer, more prayer recently than I’ve ever done in my life and it’s changed my life. I suspect there were even people who read my comments and who go to Crossland Community Church who prayed for me, knowing how misguided I was at the time. If you did, thank you, sincerely. I could use your continued prayers because I still need a lot of improving.

If you are looking for a church, do it with prayerful consideration, but put your faith in God, not in man. That church may very well be Crossland. If it is, I hope God blesses you there and you are able to grow spiritually as I know others have. For those who may have been disappointed or hurt by my post, including the pastor, I apologize sincerely. I was out of my place, way out of place. I am sorry. I hope you view this as an example of what God’s love can do and how it can change a person. Then I hope you forget my previous post as if it never existed. Sincerely.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beth Williams (Dec '12) 3 min Curious 2
hottest redhead (Feb '10) 1 hr NikiPlumlee 66
Heather Atkerson ( Ennis) 2 hr Randy boo 3
Who is DJ Johnson 3 hr Vote JD 3
Donnie Whitlow 3 hr Tell me 3
Psychiatrist 5 hr Sweet 3
Marina Rynd aka Nina 6 hr Witchiepoo 4

Bowling Green Jobs

Personal Finance

Bowling Green Mortgages