Sho-Gun 1/2 off Sushi is a joke!

Sho-Gun 1/2 off Sushi is a joke!

Posted in the Bowling Green Forum

Whoknws

Floyds Knobs, IN

#1 Jun 15, 2012
I ate with friends at Sho-Gun for lunch and the sign outside said and I quote, "1/2Price Sushi, All Day, Everyday, Month of June." We all asked for sushi menus and ordered. Nothing came back 1/2 off!! I asked the manager and she replied, "oh it is because none of your items were this amount." Are you kidding me! There are enough places to eat in BG I will not return. From the sign outside they were falsely advertising and no one would help.
Hatescottsville

Jacksonville, NC

#2 Jun 15, 2012
They f people over. Try samurai, awesome food !!!
rip off

Bowling Green, KY

#3 Jun 15, 2012
My family went there a couple of weeks ago. Our bill was $60.00 for 2 adults and 2 kids because they added a share charge for my 3 year old to eat 4 bites off my plate. Also charged for the white sauce on the table to be poured into a take home container. Also, my son just wanted rice we were charged 5.00 for just a side of rice! We all drank water. Couldn't order off lunch menu because it was Sunday even though it was 1:30! At the end the lady added $9.00 gratuity. The fact that my toddler is going to take a couple bites off my plate doesn't concern them because they didn't give us more food for him to eat, so why the share charge? My other problem is you are forced to sit at a table of 8 regardless! If I choose to sit with people I know why the automatic gratuity??? Our waitress was horrible she didn't come check on us or give us refills. I guess she knew she was getting an awesome tip regardless! We will never go back!! Neither will the people that sat at our table! Horrible way to rip people off!!! Shame on you!
Just Wondering

New Albany, IN

#4 Jun 15, 2012
I also hate to be mislead by a business but do you think you might have misread the sign? I ask because this is what Shogun posted on their Facebook page yesterday...

"THIS JUST IN: Half off bar drinks! Half off beer, wine & premium liquor EVERY DAY for BAR CUSTOMERS ordering Sushi!... In other words, order sushi in the the Shogun Bistro Bar and drinks are half price for you all day every day...Spread the word like butter."

You can read it for yourself here: http://facebook.com/permalink.php...

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just wondering. If they have their sign worded in a misleading way then they need to change what is being advertised.

If you didn't misread the sign and they are misleading customers then post your complaint on their Facebook page timeline (they allow public posts), that will get their attention real quick! The below link takes you to their Facebook page...

http://facebook.com/pages/Shogun-of-Owensboro...

Later!
fyi

Dunmor, KY

#5 Jun 15, 2012
That's why you go to shogun express same food cheaper price!!1
customer

United States

#6 Jun 15, 2012
There's a half off sushi roll list..I think it's awesome! But it is just certain rolls from what I understood..
Whoknws

Floyds Knobs, IN

#7 Jun 15, 2012
We all went back outside and it simply stated, "1/2 priced sushi, all day, everyday, month of June." We inquired and after we ordered it was stated the server should have told you. I hardly ever complain, but when you feel mistreated by an establishment you have frequented it is hard to shake.
Liketoeat

Floyds Knobs, IN

#8 Jun 15, 2012
customer wrote:
There's a half off sushi roll list..I think it's awesome! But it is just certain rolls from what I understood..
Never seen a half off menu. Weird. Maybe they could communicate better?
Victoria

New Albany, IN

#9 Jun 15, 2012
fyi wrote:
That's why you go to shogun express same food cheaper price!!1
I disagree the food isn't as good of quality.
I think

Bowling Green, KY

#10 Jun 15, 2012
I used to love shogun now I will only go to Samurai. Shogun is way overpriced and puts way too many stipulations on their ''deals''. Samurai is MUCH better. Everyone there is very nice and really appreciates your business. It is much cheaper and they have .99 cent draft specials! I highly recommend Samurai!
Robbie

North Ridgeville, OH

#11 Jun 15, 2012
Try the Vietnam place in front of walmart on Campbell rd,Excellent for staff very beautiful prices are great,Very clean
rip off

Bowling Green, KY

#12 Jun 15, 2012
Robbie wrote:
Try the Vietnam place in front of walmart on Campbell rd,Excellent for staff very beautiful prices are great,Very clean
Thanks!!! I will def try out the other 2 places mentioned! Never been to either one!:)
Sushi

Bowling Green, KY

#13 Jun 16, 2012
It's half price sushi if you sit at the bar. You would think sitting in front of the bar at booth would count but it doesn't. The booths are considered The Bistro side. So if your wanting half price sushi and are there with the family-your out of luck. They don't allow kids to sit at the bar and as a parent I wouldn't want my child sitting at the bar anyway.
Bistro Lover

Bowling Green, KY

#14 Jun 16, 2012
Actually since they lost their executive chef they are making some changes to the menu. Half off sushi will be served everywhere in the restaurant. I wouldn't eat at Samurai unless you want food poisoning. Also Samurai's menu is mostly fried sushi. I prefer mine raw.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Randy Belcher cheating with Jessica Perkins and... 24 min Truth 17
Best criminal defense lawyer in bg and surround... 56 min Bombardier 8
Chris Gerald and Jessica Miller (Nov '16) 1 hr Truth 34
Jessica Perkins/ Taylor/ cross 1 hr Mickey Mouse 5
Swinglifestyle 2 hr Schwing 27
The first word that comes to mind... (Jul '12) 2 hr Poster Bob 356
Who is Rebecca English (Jun '15) 4 hr Embarassed 30

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance