Meijer is coming to Gary Farms

Posted in the Bowling Green Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Steve

United States

#1 Oct 15, 2012
Pretty big news in the retail world. Building off Gary Farms, hope to be completed sometime in 2013.
finally

North Ridgeville, OH

#2 Oct 16, 2012
Look out Wal mart!!'n
oh yeah

Canton, OH

#3 Oct 16, 2012
What kind of store is that?
Marty

Glasgow, KY

#4 Oct 16, 2012
Meijer is awesome! Now if we could just get a Big Sandy Superstore
yay!!

Louisville, KY

#6 Oct 16, 2012
This is awesome. Love love love this store. ;-)
abt

Louisville, KY

#7 Oct 16, 2012
oh yeah wrote:
What kind of store is that?
It's like Wal-Mart- but not as trashy. Like a target in a Wal-marts body.

Since: Oct 12

United States

#8 Oct 16, 2012
Wouldn't mind having a Costco in Bg. Make Wal-Mart sweat a little bit.
oh yeah

Canton, OH

#9 Oct 16, 2012
abt wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you!!
Find a life

Elizabethtown, KY

#10 Oct 16, 2012
abt wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY??? Like Walmart but not as trashy??? LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!

Just what we need around here.. Another junk fk'n store filled with cheap Chinese GARBAGE!! Yay, I almost shiit myself!!!
Find a life

Elizabethtown, KY

#11 Oct 16, 2012
ATTENTION!! ATTENTION!! Pretty big news here!!! More Chinese junk to be peddled directly across the street from two other Chinese junk peddling places!!!
Oh YAY!! Luv Luv Luv this crap!! FK'N PLEASE!!!!
not about the junk

Glendale, KY

#12 Oct 16, 2012
Its more about their produce and meat. Its actually Kroger they are going to hurt. They have an awesome meat department.
Lone Ranger

United States

#13 Oct 16, 2012
Find a life wrote:
ATTENTION!! ATTENTION!! Pretty big news here!!! More Chinese junk to be peddled directly across the street from two other Chinese junk peddling places!!!
Oh YAY!! Luv Luv Luv this crap!! FK'N PLEASE!!!!
Amen amen amen. Buy American and lets put our people back to work.
Just trying to help

Bowling Green, KY

#14 Oct 16, 2012
not about the junk wrote:
Its more about their produce and meat. Its actually Kroger they are going to hurt. They have an awesome meat department.
The Meijer's I went to had excellent fruit and vegetables. Way better than what we have here. Can't remember what the meat department was like. The rest of the store didn't really excite me. Same stuff different store. Should be a good thing for BG.
Frank

United States

#15 Oct 16, 2012
Do they hire drug addicts like Walmart?
Hugh

Glasgow, KY

#16 Oct 17, 2012
Meijer is part of the Kroger family and is more grocery store than retail store. Very clean stores.
Herman Becker

Floyds Knobs, IN

#17 Oct 17, 2012
Hugh wrote:
Meijer is part of the Kroger family and is more grocery store than retail store. Very clean stores.
When is the last time u were in a Meijer? Also when did Meijers become under the Kroger umbrella? Last that I knew Meijer was a major competitor to Kroger, just like Publix.
Herman Becker

Floyds Knobs, IN

#18 Oct 17, 2012
I've been to Meijer's in other states (Ohio, Michigan, Illinois) and they had more to offer in the retail aspect than a Wal-Mart Supercenter. Kroger has been building their own version of that chain around the area "Marketplace" and they are more like a Super Target than a Wal Mart. Meijer also sells wine and some liquors in their establishments also. Bowling Green supposedly passed the ordinance that allows wine and liquors to be sold in the same building as grocerys, so Im not surprised that Meijer finally decided to locate here. Gary Farms is close enough to both the Campbell Lane and Scottsville Rd Kroger's to affect their business.
Hugh

Glasgow, KY

#19 Oct 17, 2012
Been in Meijer in Lexington very recently and often.Many stores operate under different names and are under the same umbrella and they want you to think you have a choice. Look at Houchens,Crossroads IGA, and Save-a-lot. All are Houchens companies as are many of the gas stations around here. That is why you can't use your Kroger card for a discount at the Shell stations in the BG area, but you can everywhere else.
FBS

Bowling Green, KY

#20 Oct 17, 2012
There a one stop shop with class same prices as walmart and they are Union pay better wages and have Benefits.This will be a benefit for the local consumers it will keep food prices down in this area.It should bring up to 200 jobs here also.Meijer is based out of Grand Rapid michigan and is not associated with any other stores except the Meijer name.I welcome Meijer being from Mich. that was where I shopped frequently before moving here.
yyyyyy

North Ridgeville, OH

#21 Oct 17, 2012
I use to be a meijer store manager. They are not associated with anyone else. And much bigger retail items than walmart. More to choose from. And the grocery side is huge. Crazy how u people think its associated with kroger.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brian Murphy 13 min BLH aka Brooke 2
Its Ok Really 41 min Lackluster 2
You can never win with a ~NARCISSIST~ (Feb '13) 1 hr Regretme 74
Bill Cosby is innocent 2 hr Bumper 9
Initials of the person you love that you want back 2 hr Bumper 15
Add a word (Jun '15) 2 hr Bumper 109
Word Association Game (Nov '09) 2 hr Bumper 428

Bowling Green Jobs

Personal Finance

Bowling Green Mortgages