Dr. Got & methadone
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
For real

Elizabethtown, KY

#1 Feb 22, 2010
whats up with dr. Gott giving everybody in bg methadone? is he the knew dr. Thorton? god i hope he looses his licences soon
woulda coulda

Dayton, OH

#2 Feb 23, 2010
ever had methadone??
blaa

Haubstadt, IN

#3 Feb 23, 2010
Dr Gott is giving all addicting drugs to all kind of people just to get patients in ...he does not even care if u are really sick or not , just ask what you need and you will get it from there, it is profit for him

Since: Jun 10

Evansville, IN

#4 Jun 4, 2010
I BEG TO DIFFER. DR. GOTT HAS BEEN TREATING MY HUSBAND AND MYSELF 4 OVER 2 YRS. AND HE HAS REALLY BEEN A GODSEND. U HAVE NO IDEA WHAT UR TALKING ABOUT! HE IS GETTING VERY STRICT, SO NOT JUST ANYONE CAN WALK N AND GET METHADONE AS U ALL THINK. U HAVE 2 HAVE A LEGIT REASON. HE ALSO DOES URINE SCREENS ALL THE TIME 2 MAKE SURE OF WHAT MEDICATIONS U R TAKING. IF U DO NOT COMPLY W HIS RULES, HE WILL DISMISS U IMMEDIATELY. I PERSONALLY WENT 2 DR. THORNTON SO I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE THERE'S NO COMPARISON W THE 2 DRS.
Dr Gott patient

Evansville, IN

#5 Jun 4, 2010
Dr. Gott runs a painclinic along with the heartcenter, this man knows what he's doing ,he;s not the quack you are making him out to be!!!! Dr. Gott has saved my life!! Now as far as the methadone goes,it has a bad stigma. Dr. Gotts office is not a methadone clinic! Thank God and Dr. Gott that B.G. KY. finally has pain clinic.There are legit patients who are in pain that need pain medication and other treatment..
painless

Evansville, IN

#6 Jun 4, 2010
dr gott is the best cardiologist in bowling green. saved my brother-in-law and my uncle.
Margaret Harrod Lockhart

Glasgow, KY

#7 Jun 5, 2010
He has so many complaints right now it is not funny' You can view this medical complaints and then see for yourself. I also know if you go to him you sign a form that you will not be treated by anybody but him. He lost his preveliges ( I know it is spelled wrong) and cannot Dr. at the Medical Center. I knew a lady that went to him and got all the pain pills she wanted. Then guess what she od on them, not a nice scene when you are the one who happens to find them knocking on deaths door. So guess what he is a quack.
doubt

Lexington, KY

#8 Jun 5, 2010
Like anything else everyone has there own opinion on things. If you go and get what you want it the best place in the world, if you dont get what you want then it the worst place in the world. The concept of a pain clinic is good. But like anything else it can be made to go bad if the people who run the clinic get greedy and care more about making money than about helping the patiens. The patients also get hooked on the drugs and the whole cycle starts all over again. I know there are patients out there who are in real pain but there is also people who abuse the system to get what they need to achive the next high or to sell on the streets. So you have to take the good with the bad. As far as Dr. Gott being the best Cardiologist in town, I would have to disagree but there again every one is allowed to have there own idea.
the lady

Bowling Green, KY

#9 Jun 17, 2010
I have been seeing Dr. Gott for the past couple of years. He is very strict when it comes to pain pills. I have a very bad back and suffer with alot of pain and he will NOT give me anything at all for pain. So its very hard to believe he gives everyone pain meds. But he is a perv... He has made me feel very uncomfortable many times... So if you are attractive then i suggest take someone with you for your visits and if you need pain meds dont go there because he wont help you, but if your having heart troubles hes the best... Just dont get naked in front of him or he will start harrassing you!
Patient

Evansville, IN

#10 Jun 18, 2010
I am a patient of Dr. Gott's,He is very strict,I am drug tested every visit for the past 6 mos. I was on Lortab and they are good for pain but for chronic ongoing pain you have a lot of ups and downs and pain break throughs for chronic pain and to stay out of pain you would have to take 8 - 10 a day.For the last month I had been in bed unable to function as a young mother unable to get up and cook for my kids I couldn't even clean my house.I was unable to function in any normal way because of the pain...He put me on Methadone a few days ago and my life has changed immediately.I have been up cleaning,cooking and being a mother.I have only been on them for a few days but so far I feel like a miracle has happened for me.He must know what he is doing.I think very highly of him.There are alot of junkies who do fool him to get drugs to sell or to misuse them but he does drug test every one as far as I can see when I am in his office.And when you go in there as a new patient he checks you out thoroughly...you just don't walkin there n get meds before he knows your life history.....I have been there many X's when he has a new patient and it takes 4 to 5 hrs to be prcessed as new patient.All the ones talking badly of him must know the junkies that go in his office so why don't you inform him if who they are so that the patients that need him want loose a good doctor.If you read this Dr. Gott I do think you should listen more to your patients and quit takin so many new patient because it is causing you to run behind and not spend quality time with us and we don't get to talk to you like we should. And I think you should be more understanding when we talk about our pain but on the other hand I guess you don't know who to beleive anymore and I have seen alot of people there who should not be there and I think you should do criminal background checks to see if the patient has had trafficing charges or any drug charge what so ever they should not be in the clinic.Just be more informed of your patients criminal history, so we don't loose a good doctor and to everyone else instead of talking bad of him let him know who is selling or misusing the meds.
hmm

Canton, OH

#11 Jun 18, 2010
I am 21 years old and I have had very bad back pain since I was 18. I have been to doctors and the emergency room for it quite a few times. And the emergency room took an xray of my chest??? But, that WAS the first xray that anyone even suggested giving me. It hurts from the time I wake up, till the time I go to bed, getting worse throughout the day. And I never once EVER get a prescription for ANY pain medication, no matter where I go. I have never tried this Doctor. But I'm guessing since so many people go there just to abuse the pill, I wouldn't have a chance of the doctor believing me or giving me anything to help me. It does affect the ones that need anything so badly when so many other people are just trying to get high! Like I said I am only 21 years old, but I guess I will probably live the rest of my life like this because of the abusers, while my back pain gradually gets worse
Wtf

Toledo, OH

#12 Apr 19, 2011
Dr gott is a pimp he has all the ho coverd
almost lost a friend

New Albany, IN

#13 Apr 20, 2011
Had a friend that had seen Dr Gott for several years, she is a very brittle diabetic as well and is now on disability, she was barely coherent and her significant other took her to his office, he refused to see her unless she paid $100.00 up front. long story short, she went to the hospital was admitted to CCU with a blood sugar of greater than 1200, went into a irregualer heart rhythm. So no he is about money, not patients.
most of u are wrong

Anderson, SC

#14 Apr 26, 2011
Sorry, But I have known Dr. Gott professionally speaking and out of the office since I was one. He is an amazing doctor, who gives up alot of time with his family to be on call at all hours, and stay late to see everyone who needs him. Granted he does ask for some payment up front if you are self pay or have crappy insurance, this is because for many many years he would see anyone regardless of ability to pay and it cost him a ton. I also personally know that this Bull about his handing out pain meds is just that "bull" Like many have said he is very careful and very strict with any type of narcotic, he is this way for his own personal reasons. Also he has not been removed from services at any hospitals,( IF I am not mistaken) he did quit being an on call physician for non patients thru the er. Maybe before you start running your mouth about a person especially a physician you should talk to the person yourself and get the facts straight
Friends

Canton, OH

#15 Apr 28, 2011
Meth is BAD
TRUTH

Lexington, KY

#17 Mar 12, 2012
hmm wrote:
I am 21 years old and I have had very bad back pain since I was 18. I have been to doctors and the emergency room for it quite a few times. And the emergency room took an xray of my chest??? But, that WAS the first xray that anyone even suggested giving me. It hurts from the time I wake up, till the time I go to bed, getting worse throughout the day. And I never once EVER get a prescription for ANY pain medication, no matter where I go. I have never tried this Doctor. But I'm guessing since so many people go there just to abuse the pill, I wouldn't have a chance of the doctor believing me or giving me anything to help me. It does affect the ones that need anything so badly when so many other people are just trying to get high! Like I said I am only 21 years old, but I guess I will probably live the rest of my life like this because of the abusers, while my back pain gradually gets worse
You could have gotten off your lazy as and cooked for them kids, and cleaned that nasty ass house. That is not PAIN, thats being a lazy ass hoe.
Fact

United States

#18 Mar 12, 2012
20 years ago I realized Dr Gott was a true quack. I believe my mother wouldve lived atleast 5-10 more years if she had chosen a better cardiologist.
Now many years later my niece started seeing him to get off lorcets. 5 years later he has her on 8 methadone a day. She no longer works and barely lives. I thought methadone was a temporary treatment to help someone not have them strung out for years to come. She realizes what she has allowed herself and him have done to her life but she is so gone and scared to go off for fear of dying. Look at Anna Nicole Smith, her son and many others. I want to help but how do you stop something legal? I would love to see my niece and many others get their lives back!
Hard Working Woman

Glasgow, KY

#19 Sep 9, 2012
It's the ppl who abuse the drug, using it to get high or sell it on the streets..who can get it without problem. Those of us who work 45-50 hrs a week with chronic pain can get no help at all & have no choice but to suffer.
another hard woker

Bowling Green, KY

#20 Sep 9, 2012
Hard Working Woman wrote:
It's the ppl who abuse the drug, using it to get high or sell it on the streets..who can get it without problem. Those of us who work 45-50 hrs a week with chronic pain can get no help at all & have no choice but to suffer.
You are so right. Most of the people that goes to gott sells teir pills. I've always said he was nothing but a leagal drug dealer.
Dynomag

United States

#21 Sep 29, 2012
Angel just wait until you and your husband go off that shit then you'll see what a fuck he is when your in pain and coming off those methadone and of course no other Dr will write them so you'd better hope that he doesn't lose his license cause I think the hammer is gonna fall on his ass and I hope he rots in Hell he has pregnant women on it for Christ sake and I've got a good friend that was down to 2mg a day and she is going thru hell and its been a week since she's been off -Good Luck

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joe and sabrina 2 min Lana 9
Matt Harlow 9 min Yum 5
What is everyone doing 10 min Kenny 16
Matt and shaina 12 min Robin 10
Somebody come rub and pat my booty 18 min Interested 4
Facebook is the devil 2 hr lisa hollis 8
Snitch Alert (Aug '11) 2 hr 4real 64

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance