Facial hair and tattoos for ocharleys...

Facial hair and tattoos for ocharleys staff

Posted in the Bowling Green Forum

Sam

United States

#1 Jan 22, 2013
Is there a policy that ocharleys employees can't have beards, mustaches, or visible tattoos?? I have tattoos everywhere even on my forehead. My beard is pretty long too, hasnt been cut in a year. Was wondering before I interview.
SOL

Hopkinsville, KY

#2 Jan 22, 2013
aiming high in life aren't you? With a tattoo on your forehead the best job you will ever get is being a janitor somewhere and that's probably a stretch. You should apply for a job where you have to wear a mask like a bank robber.
Because I can

New Albany, IN

#3 Jan 23, 2013
Hey Sam. I have no idea whether or not they will allow those things, but as a fellow tattoo enthusiast (and facial hair if I could grow it!) I wish you the best of luck! SOL I hope this is just your internet voice and you're more accepting in real life. Most of the US have realized there's no need to judge someone on the color of their skin, self inflicted or otherwise, and I can't wait for the south to catch up!

As for the beard, Sam, you may have to lose it. It's a tragedy and although I understand his logic, I despise Alexander the Great for making beards socially unacceptable. Before his time beards were what separated the men from the boys! Unfortunately if you're looking for a career in food service, they aren't seen as sanitary. Sorry. If it makes you feel any better, when the zombies attack (and SOL has most likely joined their ranks due to his lack of manliness) they will not have your beard to grab onto!
SOL

Hopkinsville, KY

#4 Jan 23, 2013
I have no problems with tattoos or beards. I have both my self. I just happen to have my tattoos covered and my beard is trimmed and took care of. I don't have have a problem with skin color but I do have one with stupidity. A tattoo on the forehead is stupidity. How many lawyers, doctors, cops, or business men have you ever seen walking around with a tattoo on their forehead? I'm going to guess the answer to be zero. All I was saying is with that kind on ink placed where it is on the body is that your going to have a harder time finding any type of job where you have to interact with the public or any job for that matter.
Lifes a beach

Canton, OH

#5 Jan 23, 2013
You guys are a real hoot!
Derrick

United States

#6 Jan 23, 2013
I love my tattoos and my facial hair but I cant say choosing to get a tattoo on your forehead is a good idea if you arent totally financially independant.
WOW

Louisville, KY

#7 Jan 23, 2013
Because I can wrote:
Hey Sam. I have no idea whether or not they will allow those things, but as a fellow tattoo enthusiast (and facial hair if I could grow it!) I wish you the best of luck! SOL I hope this is just your internet voice and you're more accepting in real life. Most of the US have realized there's no need to judge someone on the color of their skin, self inflicted or otherwise, and I can't wait for the south to catch up!
As for the beard, Sam, you may have to lose it. It's a tragedy and although I understand his logic, I despise Alexander the Great for making beards socially unacceptable. Before his time beards were what separated the men from the boys! Unfortunately if you're looking for a career in food service, they aren't seen as sanitary. Sorry. If it makes you feel any better, when the zombies attack (and SOL has most likely joined their ranks due to his lack of manliness) they will not have your beard to grab onto!
Alexander The Great? Do you know when he lived?
Because I can

New Albany, IN

#9 Jan 24, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>Alexander The Great? Do you know when he lived?
Yes, I do. Why?
Rosy

North Ridgeville, OH

#10 Jan 24, 2013
SOL wrote:
aiming high in life aren't you? With a tattoo on your forehead the best job you will ever get is being a janitor somewhere and that's probably a stretch. You should apply for a job where you have to wear a mask like a bank robber.
I have friends who are janitors and take pride in their work. They are good people and neither of them have any tattoos. One passed away recently. He was a very, very good man. I am a highly paid professional who doesn't judge people for what job they have.
SOL

Hopkinsville, KY

#11 Jan 24, 2013
Rosy wrote:
<quoted text>
I have friends who are janitors and take pride in their work. They are good people and neither of them have any tattoos. One passed away recently. He was a very, very good man. I am a highly paid professional who doesn't judge people for what job they have.
That's understandable but would you let a doctor operate on you or a lawyer represent you in a court room with tattoo splashed across their forehead?
dish

Alliance, OH

#12 Jan 24, 2013
They would probably hire you as a dishwasher or something in the back of house but as far as waiting on tables with a tattoo on the forehead I just doubt that would work. You should know that..
Steve

United States

#13 Feb 13, 2013
They might as well seeing a lot of there employees are crackheads.
hmm

Louisville, KY

#14 Feb 13, 2013
try chuys. a lot of people working there, even servers, have tattoos. not sure about the ones on the face...worth a try though!
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#15 Feb 13, 2013
Facial tattoos would remind customers of another person with one..........Charles Manson!
JO

New Albany, IN

#16 Feb 13, 2013
I've worked there for 7 years tattoos on the next and arm is acceptable mustaches are no one has ever had a beard they say is needs to be well maintained and grown out during vacations. Facial tattoos i have no idea, probably not front the house, but in the back of house, ya.
decent woman

Westerville, OH

#17 Feb 14, 2013
Sam wrote:
Is there a policy that ocharleys employees can't have beards, mustaches, or visible tattoos?? I have tattoos everywhere even on my forehead. My beard is pretty long too, hasnt been cut in a year. Was wondering before I interview.
go get that garbage lasered off your forehead and shave off that trashy beard,you low life piece of crap.
kelly

Evanston, IL

#18 May 14, 2013
JO wrote:
I've worked there for 7 years tattoos on the next and arm is acceptable mustaches are no one has ever had a beard they say is needs to be well maintained and grown out during vacations. Facial tattoos i have no idea, probably not front the house, but in the back of house, ya.
do u have to wear it hair up for a woman? Thanks for ne advice
usedtolivethere

Bowling Green, KY

#19 May 15, 2013
"if you are looking for work in the food industry" ??? WTF sets out in life trying to be a server or a dishwasher ? I am not knocking people who do it (it is a very demanding and there are some very nice servers) I can see someone doing it to get thru college or while down on your luck, but if u are wanting to get a job in the public, look decent and presentable. I know you where drunk (or high) at the time and thought it was a really "cool" idea and you would look different by getting one. But WTF where you thinking getting a tatoo on your forehead ?? Kidding about most of this post, but that is a serious GD question. What possibly could you think of that it would be ok and acceptable in normal walks of life ??? Did you not plan on ever having a decent job ? Did you say %%ck it i want to always be a trashy looking lowlife ? You have to be someone who just doesnt give a &&ck about your future.
NoName

Madisonville, KY

#20 May 15, 2013
He could work in the kitchen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A good pharmacy? 32 min Decent Woman 4
Steamers - Overated, Overpriced, and Overhyped.... 2 hr lol 30
Chelsey Baskette? (Jul '12) 2 hr pimp 23
lesbians at the med center 3 hr Mmmm 3
Michelle Cripps 3 hr AlliedForces 2
christy bowling (Nov '14) 4 hr dave 15
the honorable judge margarette huddleston (Feb '11) 4 hr HMMMMM 57
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bowling Green Mortgages