First Prev
of 2
Next Last
pedi finder

Canton, OH

#21 Jun 11, 2011
morgan wrote:
<quoted text>
I've actually hear a lot of good things about Fraiser! He seems really nice & patient! He is on my list of pediatric doctors to meet and consider! thank you for your opinions, I really appreciate it!:)
Dr. F is fantastic. I switched to him this year, from Dr. Simmons at Graves Gilbert. I did not like her for a plethora of reasons, from her discouraging of breastfeeding and formula propaganda-laden office to a lot of the comments she made in meetings, her encouragement of cry it out and parenting advice when she has no kids of her own. Additionally, any time I called with a concern her staff immediately insisted I bring my son in post haste because he probably had an ear infection. He never did, of course.

Dr. Fraser is extremely kind and good with my son, appreciates my parenting style, is courteous and so is every member of his staff I have dealt with. I will not be switching any time soon!
Mommy of 3

Glasgow, KY

#22 Jun 12, 2011
Are you all talking about the Dr Fraser at the pediatric association with Dr Smith? If so, my girls have seen him too when Dr Smith was out. We really liked him too.
Franklin mom of 4

Portland, TN

#23 Jun 12, 2011
pedi finder wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. F is fantastic. I switched to him this year, from Dr. Simmons at Graves Gilbert. I did not like her for a plethora of reasons, from her discouraging of breastfeeding and formula propaganda-laden office to a lot of the comments she made in meetings, her encouragement of cry it out and parenting advice when she has no kids of her own. Additionally, any time I called with a concern her staff immediately insisted I bring my son in post haste because he probably had an ear infection. He never did, of course.
Dr. Fraser is extremely kind and good with my son, appreciates my parenting style, is courteous and so is every member of his staff I have dealt with. I will not be switching any time soon!
My youngest son see dr Simmons and I do have to agree with you she always has me come up there when He really just needs something simple. My older son sees Shelia Cattlet at Fairview I reallylike her.
pedi finder

Canton, OH

#24 Jun 12, 2011
Mommy of 3 wrote:
Are you all talking about the Dr Fraser at the pediatric association with Dr Smith? If so, my girls have seen him too when Dr Smith was out. We really liked him too.
Yep! I've not had to see any one else there yet, as my son has just been there for check ups, he's not been sick!
Kim

Topeka, KS

#25 Jun 12, 2011
Both of my children go to Dr. Z Fraser and they absolutely love him.(So do I) I totally trust him with them. There have been times that he would call on the weekend that they were sick just to check on them. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
parent

United States

#26 Jun 12, 2011
Mommy of 3 wrote:
my daughter has been to Dr. Frasier also and I really liked him and so did she and shes is only 6.
BGKY Mommy

United States

#27 Jun 14, 2011
Have to agree with the comments above. We take our 2 year old to Dr. Chris Smith at Pediatric Associates. We've also seen Dr. Frazier and Dr. John Smith. The staff is really nice, they take your concerns seriously. Dr. Chris doesn't talk down to you or to your children. (But he does talk REALLY fast.) He isn't big on giving kids medicine for every little sniffle. And he always tells us when an OTC or generic will work instead of an expensive prescription. He is pretty progressive about stopping bottles, formula and pacifiers. Several friends with toddlers were shocked that he encouraged us to take our daughter off the bottle before she was one. (She stopped at 10 months and never seemed to notice.) All things to consider. We met with him when I was pregnant and he was really open to answering our questions. I would encourage you to meet with any doctor that you are considering. Maybe hang out in the waiting room, see how fast they turn over patients, if the staff out front is nice etc. I changed my own doctor due to horrible receptionists. Good luck to you.
Derp

Elizabethtown, KY

#28 Jun 15, 2011
hmm wrote:
Don't go to Dr.Kniery and the ones in there with him I just switched from there.
Why? I've been taking my kids there for over 7 years, and have never had a bad experience...
mom of 2

Alliance, OH

#29 Jun 16, 2011
dr debra sowell is great dr. she has an excellent bedside manner and she gets to know the kids personally. she also has been practicing since my aunts and uncles where children...20 plus years and she also takes the time 2 answer any questions you have. as for dr voakes ...he contributed to my hearing loss as child because he said nothing was wrong with me when i had scarlet fever and again when he let my throat close up when i had mono as a child...i would never take my children there
rick voakes is great

United States

#30 Jun 24, 2011
Voakes sucks wrote:
Dr Voakes tried to kill me when I was little. He said I had a cold when I actually had walking pneumonia. I've NEVER heard a good thing about him. He has an attitude too, I went with a friend one time when she took her daughter and he gave me a yucky feeling along with barly checking out her daughter. I'd reccomend ANY body else over him any day!
Dr. Stewart is good, I havent heard too many complaints about her, but I believe she is full right now and can't accept anyone. My 2 boys go to her.
I don't see doctor voakes "trying" to kill anyone..He is a very professional pediatrician. I have been taking my two children to him for 2 1/2 years now and have never had a problem with him. He actually saved my sons life when He got a blood infection. And he NEVER has an attitude, hes very respectful, any questions you may ask are never too ignorant to ask and he wont make u feel stupid about asking them...I am a huge fan of Dr Voakes and so is my husband, I am sorry u had a bad experience with him..but he is a great doctor to my kids.
rick voakes is great

United States

#31 Jun 24, 2011
what ever you do PLEASE DONT take your kids to Dr Watson...He is an awful doctor. He is older than dirt and couldnt care less about the well being of your child and dont dare ask a question about anything or he will make you feel as if you should already know the answer..he is rude as hell. My kids would scream everytime they went there. He don't give his patients the time they need for the visit. asking questions and getting him to explain things are like pulling teeth. He'll just give you a piece of paper and expect that to be good enough.My son got a blood infection and I had to call Dr voakes cause at 4:00 on weekdays dr watson is unreachable no matter what the emergency is. He diagnosed my baby with something that she didnt even have, and then told my entire family we had it also. The treatment could have been potentially life threatening and all it turned out to be was a bug bite. His office is tiny and dirty. They were always too crowded with nowhere to sit. Dr watson is only worried about getting everyone in and out and just making that money. He's not concerned about your child.
His nurses are ok..they're friendly, but not kid friendly,.Dr voakes is agreat choice. Goodluck
Dr Fraser

United States

#32 Jun 25, 2011
Try Dr Fraser, he's awesome!
Just Me

Owensboro, KY

#33 Jun 25, 2011
Pediatric Associates are great and they don't just throw antibiotics at everything. They have a well baby waiting room as well. Nice atmosphere and the kids love them too. My daughter has been seen by Blackerby, Frazier, Smith and her pediatrician now retired Dr. Harrell. I highly recommend them. I asked my OBGYN who his pediatrician was and he said they were the office that treated his children. I have not been dissapointed.
the best

Canton, OH

#34 Jun 25, 2011
dr. kries is the best pediatrician in bowling green, without a doubt. she is amazing! not sure if she takes a medical card, but she is the sweetest doctor i've ever met.
Asthma Momma

Lubbock, TX

#35 Oct 16, 2011
Ped. Associates is great! Voakes only wanted to treat my 1yr old asthma attacks w dimetap. Simmons treated her as her delivery pediatrician: my daughter was born w systemic yeast infection giving her bottom quarter size burn like blisters for 3 weeks (only prescribing topical nystatin) that she tried claim as me neglecting-my ob prescribed me diflucan & nursing her cured her in 3days. Watson also tried to treat her asthma with benedryl. I don't recommend any of these three. My mother has had asthma her whole life and many times I had to tell her when an attack was coming before she even realized it. If either of my kids go to er and one of them is oncall pediatrician, I leave and swap hosiptals.
imamommy

United States

#36 Oct 16, 2011
Do not use Dr Mayfield have had nothing but bad experiences with her and my daughters health and switched her back to her regular pediatrician once she started accepting the medical card again...personal pediatrician for both my kids is Dr. Sowell she has been wonderful with now both my kids....
class

Philadelphia, PA

#37 Oct 16, 2011
Fraser and Chris Smith! They are awesome!!
Doctors

Bowling Green, KY

#38 Oct 17, 2011
We really like Dr. John Smith (Chris' father) at Pediatric Associates but have heard great things about all the doctors there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mills Family Eatery 7 min Daniel Day Lewis 1
What do you think of chris alvey (Jun '12) 49 min truth 30
I hope you finally see how sick he is 55 min Sick 2
The Secret Cause of World War 3 1 hr Perverted Berlin 111
Christina Spears Will Do Anything For Dope 2 hr Bluegrass Redneck 56
any hott girls at Trace Die cast? 2 hr Whiteking 9
The confederate flag is racist 2 hr Bigmak 95
More from around the web

Bowling Green People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE