17-year-old arrested for murder

17-year-old arrested for murder

There are 90 comments on the Glasgow Daily Times, Glasgow, KY story from Nov 1, 2008, titled 17-year-old arrested for murder. In it, Glasgow Daily Times, Glasgow, KY reports that:

A 17-year-old juvenile has been arrested in connection with a murder in western Barren County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Glasgow Daily Times, Glasgow, KY.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Very Sad

Edmonton, KY

#1 Nov 2, 2008
Johnny was such a great man. He was a great asset to the Railton Community. I can't believe anyone would do this to him. Much less his own son. Prayers are with Johnny's daughter and the rest of his family. And prayers are even with his son. He showed no remorse for what he done. Lord help him! And may Johnny rest in peace!
angelindisguise

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Nov 2, 2008
When did this happen & what is Johnnys' last name? Just asking incase I might know them.
here

Glasgow, KY

#3 Nov 2, 2008
angelindisguise wrote:
When did this happen & what is Johnnys' last name? Just asking incase I might know them.
http://www.glasgowdailytimes.c om/local/local_story_306155859 .html
here

Glasgow, KY

#4 Nov 2, 2008
its him

Glasgow, KY

#5 Nov 2, 2008
what was the boy's name that shot him
was it his son
NaturalNurturer

Cave City, KY

#6 Nov 2, 2008
If you've ever looked at a new born baby, and all the innocence they have, it's impossible not to believe there had to be life events (likely beyond what any of us know or can even imagine) that grew so much rage in 17 years, that a boy could do this to his father. Perhaps I'm bias because I've seen so many people who present one side of themselves to the outside world and another side behind closed doors. Perhaps I've read too many books from survivors of abuse Or maybe I have lived too long with images of Mommy Dearest's wire hangers scene embedded in my head. Whatever the case, I just don't think it's reasonable to assume we know why or what brought things to this terrible end.
My prayers are with the young man. He has to feel very confused, desolate and alone... he may have for some time.
angelindisguise

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Nov 2, 2008
here wrote:
Thank you for the info..I don't know this family but my prayers are with them. May God comfort them during this tragic sorrowful time.
yeah

Huntsville, TX

#8 Nov 2, 2008
I'm not trying to be mean at all, but how do you all not know if his son done it for a specific reason as to being beaten or sumthing like that..? is there an evidence that proofs that jared even killed his father.?
Unaffected

Lexington, KY

#9 Nov 2, 2008
How about the finger prints all over the murder weapon and the fact that he admitted to it? Think that's proof enough? I heard all about this today from a neighbor of the Uptons. Crazy shit, man.
Very Sad

Edmonton, KY

#10 Nov 2, 2008
Ok, I grew up right beside these ppl. My family still lives within 1 mile from Johnny Upton's home. Ive know this family for 15 yrs and you can ask anyone that knew this man. Johnny was the best around. Never angry, never mean, would take his skirt off his back for you whether he knew you or not! His son on the other hand has always been a "problem child" Most teens do have their stages where they are angry and rebellious, I know I did. But never would it result to murdering the ppl that brought me in this world. When I was first notified of Johnny's death, my first thought was "it was his son" Then within a few hrs, we find out the truth. He shot Johnny in his sleep. Johnny woke up and was still alive and tried to get the gun away from his son. There was a huge struggle and the boy shot all over the house and Johnny was shot 4 or 5 times. He didn't deserve that. No man such as Johnny did deserve that!!!!! When his son finally confessed he told the police that he didn't care, he showed no remorse. He told police that he hated his dad and he wanted him dead!
for real

Glasgow, KY

#11 Nov 2, 2008
His myspace page showed that he was on it Halloween morning and his mood or his sisters mood didn't show sad. That is strange.
a friend of jareds

Glasgow, KY

#12 Nov 2, 2008
i know jared reall well hell ive went to school with him forever him and his dad faught alot his dad abused him yes he was a nice man to others but not to jared a new johnny to always was nice to me but he wasnt to his son ppl may not be what they apear to be jared is a quite kid never was a trouble maker nothin but i would say after puttin up with 7 years of his dads crap he decied enough was enough
a friend of jareds

Glasgow, KY

#13 Nov 2, 2008
excuse me 17 years
bg girl

Shepherdsville, KY

#14 Nov 2, 2008
You know, I don't think anyone cares about the opinions of his high school friend. Of course you think his dad was mean and abusing him. You probably think the same about your parents unless you are a spoiled brat who gets his way constantly.
Maybe he needed his ass kicked. Why wasn't he living with his mother? perhaps she couldn't control him either?
NaturalNurturer

Cave City, KY

#15 Nov 3, 2008
bg girl wrote:
You know, I don't think anyone cares about the opinions of his high school friend. Of course you think his dad was mean and abusing him. You probably think the same about your parents unless you are a spoiled brat who gets his way constantly.
Maybe he needed his ass kicked. Why wasn't he living with his mother? perhaps she couldn't control him either?
I'm not one of his high school friends. Whether or not you care about my opinion matters little to me, don't read if you don't want it. I anticipate the authorities will care about the opinion of his high school friends, his teachers, bus drivers, boy scout leader, football coach, etc... At least I hope they will. Not because I believe anyone deserves to die... but because I don't believe that healthy kids decide to kill their parents for spoiled brat kinds of reasons. There has to be more to the story...
For those saying they know what this young man said in his confession, or that they know what went on that night/ early morning... if that's true, then you're either someone who is breaking some serious confidentiality laws, have talked with someone who has broken some... or you're spreading what you've developed as your version of the truth. All fairly immature behaviors, wouldn't you say?
interesting

Alliance, OH

#16 Nov 3, 2008
No one knows what goes on behind closed doors folks. I'm not siding with anyone because I know nothing about the situation. I'm just saying wait til the facts come out before being judgemental.
you forgot

Glasgow, KY

#17 Nov 3, 2008
a friend of jareds wrote:
i know jared reall well hell ive went to school with him forever him and his dad faught alot his dad abused him yes he was a nice man to others but not to jared a new johnny to always was nice to me but he wasnt to his son ppl may not be what they apear to be jared is a quite kid never was a trouble maker nothin but i would say after puttin up with 7 years of his dads crap he decied enough was enough
you forgot the part about Jared being on drugs really bad, didn't you? there is more to the story pal. it will all come out, trust me.
yep

Baldwin City, KS

#18 Nov 3, 2008
I just went to myspace and looked at Jared's page.On this computer he looks like a normal kid.Just by looking at that I can tell he loves his sister.And he has a pic of his mom on his page.He also has pics of himself with guns and deer heads that have been mounted.Bet he wishes he never learned how to shoot that gun!
Linda

Lexington, KY

#19 Nov 3, 2008
Very Sad wrote:
Ok, I grew up right beside these ppl. My family still lives within 1 mile from Johnny Upton's home. Ive know this family for 15 yrs and you can ask anyone that knew this man. Johnny was the best around. Never angry, never mean, would take his skirt off his back for you whether he knew you or not! His son on the other hand has always been a "problem child" Most teens do have their stages where they are angry and rebellious, I know I did. But never would it result to murdering the ppl that brought me in this world. When I was first notified of Johnny's death, my first thought was "it was his son" Then within a few hrs, we find out the truth. He shot Johnny in his sleep. Johnny woke up and was still alive and tried to get the gun away from his son. There was a huge struggle and the boy shot all over the house and Johnny was shot 4 or 5 times. He didn't deserve that. No man such as Johnny did deserve that!!!!! When his son finally confessed he told the police that he didn't care, he showed no remorse. He told police that he hated his dad and he wanted him dead!
as i said on the topic(jarrod upton)i was married to this man.we had 2 kids together Josh and Thompson.he was on drugs BAD.he got my boys on drugs.he did beat jarrodand he cooked meth right at his home.so dont try saying how good he was.you was not married to him.there for you did not no him.Jarrod got fed up with the drugs and beatings.GOT IT
stupid

Lexington, KY

#20 Nov 3, 2008
Linda wrote:
<quoted text>as i said on the topic(jarrod upton)i was married to this man.we had 2 kids together Josh and Thompson.he was on drugs BAD.he got my boys on drugs.he did beat jarrodand he cooked meth right at his home.so dont try saying how good he was.you was not married to him.there for you did not no him.Jarrod got fed up with the drugs and beatings.GOT IT
ou stupid or what you was married to Tommy.What the hell has them drugs done to your brain.You need to stay off the computer and go to rehab.By the way...I know your boys and you are the one getting them high at a very young ageDo you even remember your name.Let me remind you Linda Deweese,Upton,Ballard,Pitman,D rug attic

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kryla Wayne 2 min Tennessee bad ass 5
im getting sick of this 1 hr Eye Cu2pi 2
Where the h at? 1 hr Nothankyou 5
Why are you so jealous? 1 hr Sugar 7
Who's cheating at Alpha 1 hr Pencildick 4
Jessie Marie TWILIGHT crooks (Jan '10) 2 hr I know 153
post has been deleted (Mar '13) 2 hr RandW 15

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bowling Green Mortgages