Sebring, OH

#1 Feb 21, 2013
Guilty...no doubt....
Blah Blah Blah

Bowling Green, KY

#2 Feb 22, 2013
Like to know wrote:
Guilty...no doubt....
What you and I think doesn't matter. What matters is what evidence is presented to the jury at trial and the verdict they reach. Did he kill him? Of course! Was it justifiable? That remains to be seen.
Yup

United States

#3 Feb 22, 2013
Facts- Daniel shot shawn in the back from inside his house. Shawn was outside walking away. Daniel and his Gf then tried to cover it up with a sword which shows he new it was wrong.

His Gf changed her story several times while that sarah girl told same story over and over, which shows his Gf knows Daniel is in trouble.

He is guilty and I'm pretty sure he knows it 2.
question

Radcliff, KY

#4 Feb 22, 2013
Blah Blah Blah wrote:
<quoted text>
What you and I think doesn't matter. What matters is what evidence is presented to the jury at trial and the verdict they reach. Did he kill him? Of course! Was it justifiable? That remains to be seen.
how can you justify shooting Shawn in the back...Seriously!!!!
Yup

Bowling Green, KY

#5 Feb 22, 2013
question wrote:
<quoted text> how can you justify shooting Shawn in the back...Seriously!!!!
Agreed, in the newspaper it said Daniel was violent towards the woman & Shawn was trying to stop him. Shawn was doing the right thing and Daniel was drunk...
Blah Blah Blah

Bowling Green, KY

#6 Feb 22, 2013
question wrote:
<quoted text> how can you justify shooting Shawn in the back...Seriously!!!!
I wasn't there. You probably weren't there either. I don't know all the facts and neither do you. The fact that the judge set a reasonable bail like this says a lot.

Just because he was shot in the back doesn't mean that Daniel didn't feel threatened in the moments leading up to it. You're looking at second degree murder, which will probably be downgraded to voluntary manslaughter due to mitigating circumstances.
Yup

United States

#7 Feb 22, 2013
That's why he tried to cover it up with a sword and his gf lied about the story?? at one point his bail went to 500k until his gparents pleaded for a lower amount..
Also $100k CASH BOND isn't typical in ky unless there is reasonable proof against the defendent. They had to come up with the full amount versus only $10k....
All this information is in the bgdailynews..I don't think you have read that article it says alot about what happened. This is def a murder one trial.
Blah Blah Blah

Bowling Green, KY

#8 Feb 22, 2013
Yup wrote:
This is def a murder one trial.
The full facts will come out at the trial. I knew neither and quite frankly don't give two shits as to the outcome. People can argue their past/present/lack-of-future until they are blue in the face, but I don't see him being convicted of pre-meditated murder.
For Real

Bowling Green, KY

#9 Feb 22, 2013
Blah Blah Blah wrote:
<quoted text>
The full facts will come out at the trial. I knew neither and quite frankly don't give two shits as to the outcome. People can argue their past/present/lack-of-future until they are blue in the face, but I don't see him being convicted of pre-meditated murder.
You don't have to justify anything to these people on here. You are absolutely right it will be up to one judge and 12 jury what happens to this Daniel person, of course all the Daniel supporter's are going to say it was self defense and all the Shawn supporters are going to say he was shot in the back so it was Daniel's fault. Sounds to mean from everything I have read both of these men needed to change their lifestyle that neither one was a boy scout. This is why we have a court system so people who are supportive of a person whether it's the victim or the shooter can't go and get a little personal justice.
Yup

Canton, OH

#10 Feb 22, 2013
Definition of Premeditated murder -is the crime of wrongfully causing the death of another human being (also known as murder) after rationally considering the timing or method of doing so, in order to either increase the likelihood of success, or to evade detection or apprehension.

He tried to evade detection and/or apprehension by using the sword to show self defense..

IT'S DEF A MURDER 1 case...

If you don't care about any of this then why comment?
Frodo

Bowling Green, KY

#11 Feb 22, 2013
Yup wrote:
Definition of Premeditated murder -is the crime of wrongfully causing the death of another human being (also known as murder) after rationally considering the timing or method of doing so, in order to either increase the likelihood of success, or to evade detection or apprehension.
He tried to evade detection and/or apprehension by using the sword to show self defense..
IT'S DEF A MURDER 1 case...
If you don't care about any of this then why comment?
Guess what it don't matter who comments on this case cause in the end it will be a jury that decides what Daniel's fate will be but I guarantee it will be no where near what all you people who already have him JUDGED guilty will think he deserves.
Yup

Canton, OH

#12 Feb 22, 2013
Hey frodo ur an idiot, he still killed an unarmed man In the back!!! A man is dead because of his actions!!

Also, an innocent man doesn't try to put a sword in the hand of a man he just murdered.

As far as judging him, I just stated the facts presented by the detectives. Which are the same facts that will be presented to the jury..
Frodo

Bowling Green, KY

#13 Feb 22, 2013
Yup wrote:
Hey frodo ur an idiot, he still killed an unarmed man In the back!!! A man is dead because of his actions!!
Also, an innocent man doesn't try to put a sword in the hand of a man he just murdered.
As far as judging him, I just stated the facts presented by the detectives. Which are the same facts that will be presented to the jury..
So everyone's an idiot who doesn't agree with what you think is right like what you think really matters to anyone, bottom line he will get what the jury gives him and if he pleads guilty and they cut him a deal to plead guilty he may get an even better deal. Everybody knows that Shawn wasn't this complete angel and neither is this Daniel feller plus the state of KY hardly ever gives anyone the death penalty so I doubt he will get what you apparently thinks he deserves. Get over yourself unless your on the jury it isn't up to you to decide what sentence he will get.
Blah Blah Blah

Bowling Green, KY

#14 Feb 22, 2013
Yup wrote:
The really isn't a lot going on between your ears is there? OBVIOUSLY he killed the man - Who is saying that he's innocent? Justifiable homicide is still homicide. He panicked and made a poor choice, it doesn't prove premeditation.

It won't be murder 1. Meeting the burden of proof would be much, much easier in trying to prove second degree murder or even voluntary manslaughter with mitigating circumstances.
just another stranger

United States

#15 Mar 3, 2013
I know the moss family they are all messed up in the head!!!!
Gerbals

Canton, OH

#16 Mar 11, 2013
Shot unarmed man in back.. Doesn't take brains to fig this out.

Anything new going on? When is the next court date/trial?
Court

Canton, OH

#17 Apr 28, 2013
Daniel and his Gf are in court on the 8th according to the online Simpson county court docket..

She is now charged with tampering with evidence as well.
DUH

New York, NY

#18 Sep 22, 2013
Throw the book at both of them.
sis

Bowling Green, KY

#19 Oct 2, 2013
we all know what'll b the difference between murder 1 & voluntary manslaughter, dont we...$
Curious cat

Canton, OH

#20 Oct 2, 2013
If found guilty or goes for a lesser charge of voluntary manslaughter he is still looking at a min of 10 years? Is this correct?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Confronting the 'other woman' 17 min Agree 29
josh coots 20 min tbh 7
Looking for poker games? 40 min i know 9
Kait McKinney aka KAT MAARGO 50 min outside opinion 6
joy johnson (Feb '11) 50 min noone 4
Warren Central principal fired 57 min Palpatine 47
Bring laynee Wallace home 1 hr Pastor holland 4
Kyle Fields 15 hr TheDiamondToolz 9
Kyle Cassity 18 hr Gone to soon 18
More from around the web