clerk murdered at Payless Shoes

Posted in the Bowling Green Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
wanting to know

United States

#1 Jan 7, 2009
Does anyone remember a female clerk that was brutally kidnapped, sexually assualted, and murdered about 20-25 years ago in Bowling Green. It was at a Payless Shoes on the by-pass that now houses a movie rental place. I remember she was kidnapped and brutally sexually assualted and murdered by a father and son and another couple men. I know they did not even get the death penality or life in prison, so are these scumbags about ready to get out of prison???
Jerry G

Campbellsville, KY

#2 Jan 12, 2009
Yes, I knew her. I talked with her occasionally when I shopped in Payless. I lived in the area and I was questioned by the police but I was unable to help the police to find her. I was there the day she was abducted but didn't see anything unusual. I have no idea if they are about to be released or what but I hope not. I spoke with the police chief after they caught one of them & he told me a little bit of what they had done to her. It was horrible.
Terri

Toledo, OH

#3 Oct 3, 2010
I remember this, that was horrible, it was sometime in the mid 1980s, I was very young then.
Vote for Buggs Bunny

Hillview, KY

#4 Oct 4, 2010
I think her last name was SETTLE.
Sarah

Canton, OH

#5 Oct 5, 2010
I remember this horrible act. She was abducted by two men who eventually was caught in Borden Indiana. They were in Borden Indiana drunk and robbing a small business.
Jeffrey Coulter

Owensboro, KY

#6 Oct 6, 2010
Her name was Angela Settle and she was my cousin... the creeps forced her into the trunk because they found med bottles with her name on them in their trunk, a true tragedy in my city!! I get extremely pissed to think of that time period, I was just a baby, but I remember my grandmothers pain!
Steve

Bedford, IN

#7 Aug 23, 2011
They were actually caught after robbing and stabbing a business owner in Bedford Indiana. It was in 1988 when they were caught. Not only was her medication bottles in the car, one of them bragged to another inmate about the crime. Their names were Michael Ziegler, Paul Miller Sr. , Paul Miller Jr., and Chris Miller.
so sad

Moorestown, NJ

#8 Aug 23, 2011
http://news.google.com/newspapers...

a link to the article in the newspaper from 9/2/88
The Hitman

Canton, OH

#9 Aug 23, 2011
wanting to know wrote:
Does anyone remember a female clerk that was brutally kidnapped, sexually assualted, and murdered about 20-25 years ago in Bowling Green. It was at a Payless Shoes on the by-pass that now houses a movie rental place. I remember she was kidnapped and brutally sexually assualted and murdered by a father and son and another couple men. I know they did not even get the death penality or life in prison, so are these scumbags about ready to get out of prison???
Nope.
The Hitman

Canton, OH

#10 Aug 23, 2011
Jeffrey Coulter wrote:
Her name was Angela Settle and she was my cousin... the creeps forced her into the trunk because they found med bottles with her name on them in their trunk, a true tragedy in my city!! I get extremely pissed to think of that time period, I was just a baby, but I remember my grandmothers pain!
God bless your family. Nobody should have to go through that.
bg

Tomball, TX

#11 Aug 23, 2011
I remember when that happened, didn't they kidnap her as she was closing that night ? So sad . I was only 9 at the time but remember everyone talking about it and being afraid to go any where by theirself .
Maria

Murfreesboro, TN

#12 Sep 3, 2011
Angela was my aunt, although we were only 4+ years apart. I was 23 when this happened to her. I had gone to my grandmothers house to meet her and Angela. Angela ( Angel) as we called her was working at Payless Shoes on the bypass. She was to come to " The Farm" after work. She did not come, and since there were no cell phones then, we had to drive in and see what was wrong. It was evident the store was robbed and Angel was missing. She was missing for several weeks when they found out she was killed. It was 3 more months before she was found ( bones). This was a long and terrible ordeal. I think of her still, every day and that was in 1988. She was truly an Angel. THere wasn't anyone who did not love her and not a person or animal she did not love as well.
Someday, I will see her again.
jojo

Morgantown, KY

#13 Sep 3, 2011
Maria wrote:
Angela was my aunt, although we were only 4+ years apart. I was 23 when this happened to her. I had gone to my grandmothers house to meet her and Angela. Angela ( Angel) as we called her was working at Payless Shoes on the bypass. She was to come to " The Farm" after work. She did not come, and since there were no cell phones then, we had to drive in and see what was wrong. It was evident the store was robbed and Angel was missing. She was missing for several weeks when they found out she was killed. It was 3 more months before she was found ( bones). This was a long and terrible ordeal. I think of her still, every day and that was in 1988. She was truly an Angel. THere wasn't anyone who did not love her and not a person or animal she did not love as well.
Thank you for sharing your story and her memory. I pray your family has gotten peace from this.
The Hitman

Canton, OH

#14 Sep 3, 2011
Maria wrote:
Keep the faith.
Kendall

United States

#15 Sep 4, 2011
I am so sorry for what happened to her, I was only 12 back then, I actually thought it happened earlier than 1988, thanks for clearing it up. I remember my grandmother shopped there often and everyone in town was scared to death after that happened. I remember after they caught the father and son, one of which would be in there mid 60s today, everyone thought they would get the death penalty, but aren't they up for parole or are they already out? I remember my grandma said after that, the US justice system was garbage. I think the 1988 payless murder and the 1996 Morgan Violi abduction are the worst crimes ever in Bowling Green.
Andie

United States

#16 Sep 14, 2011
She was my aunt.
Jill

Dawson Springs, KY

#17 Nov 9, 2011
I remember this awful event. I remember the paper saying something about exit 36 (I think) on I-65 N. It was the Oakland exit. I think that is where they exited off after kidnapping her. Anyway, everytime I pass that exit I think of Angela and say a prayer. I was in my early 20's when this happened. I am so very sorry this happened. No one sould ever have to deal with something like this. Just know, those men will some day pay the ultimate price and burn in hell.
Sarah

United States

#18 Feb 28, 2012
Maria wrote:
Maria she was my best friend. Like you I think of her daily. I miss her so much.
Another Sarah

Herndon, VA

#19 Feb 28, 2012
When I read this topic my stomach turned I will never forget when this happened. I was 9 years old and I loved Angel. I thought she was so pretty and nice to me. She is my Aunt's sister. One night I had a dream that I was kidnapped by two men who did mean things to me and locked me in the trunk of a car. I woke up my father who heard me crying in my sleep. He woke me up and I recalled the dream to him. At that moment the phone rang with a call that they had found Angel. My parents had not told me anything about her missing because I was too young. The similarities of my dream and what happened to her have held with me my entire life. I do believe she wanted someone to see what she had been through that night but I have always questioned why I was chosen. Thank you for giving me a place to share my story.
Well said

Hillview, KY

#20 Feb 28, 2012
Jill wrote:
I remember this awful event. I remember the paper saying something about exit 36 (I think) on I-65 N. It was the Oakland exit. I think that is where they exited off after kidnapping her. Anyway, everytime I pass that exit I think of Angela and say a prayer. I was in my early 20's when this happened. I am so very sorry this happened. No one sould ever have to deal with something like this. Just know, those men will some day pay the ultimate price anburn in hell.
Well said... And what a horrible act of man..!!! I'm truly very sry this has happened to "angels" family&friends.... The Millers around bowling green are poor white trash themselves ..!!! Must be in the genes .. My thought are with the family .. Rip angel

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dwight burton attorney or clown? 9 min lol 12
ocean cruise 41 min Curiius 4
Need ride to Florida wku bowl game 41 min Jason 1
should guys wear Speedo when swimming and tanning (Aug '14) 48 min Tane 8
Brittnee Martin 2 hr dick 6
Walmart employees 2 hr Retired 2
Does Champ Flush Out Detox really work!?!?! (Dec '12) 3 hr Odinson34 340

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance