Problems

Canton, OH

#1 Mar 31, 2009
Has anyone had problems from this store, if so list here!
Just with citifinancial

Woodburn, KY

#2 Apr 1, 2009
Problems wrote:
I've not necessarily had problems with this store, just who you have to go through to get credit to get your furniture. Citifinancial charges you outrageous fees on your statement. I do like Ashley's furniture, though. All of my furniture has come from them and is really good quality.
girl from BG

Campbellsville, KY

#3 Apr 1, 2009
yes, had to wait 4 months for extra chairs to come in. Was not told that it would take that long.
FREDDY

Alexandria, LA

#4 Apr 1, 2009
Just with citifinancial wrote:
<quoted text>
I've not necessarily had problems with this store, just who you have to go through to get credit to get your furniture. Citifinancial charges you outrageous fees on your statement. I do like Ashley's furniture, though. All of my furniture has come from them and is really good quality.
just who you have to go through to get credit to get your furniture,YOU DON'T HAVE TO.

CLEAN UP YOUR CREDIT AND PAY CASH / GO TO BANK /CREDIT CARD WITH LOW INTEREST,BUT WHEN YOU GO WITH A BUSINESS OWN YOUR GOING TO PAY AND PAY.
Just with citifinancial

Woodburn, KY

#5 Apr 1, 2009
FREDDY wrote:
<quoted text>
just who you have to go through to get credit to get your furniture,YOU DON'T HAVE TO.
CLEAN UP YOUR CREDIT AND PAY CASH / GO TO BANK /CREDIT CARD WITH LOW INTEREST,BUT WHEN YOU GO WITH A BUSINESS OWN YOUR GOING TO PAY AND PAY.
We wanted to go through a credit company to build our credit up...that's the reason we did that....and to make monthly payments on it. We did not have the cash to just pay outright for that. We have children to support. So quit acting like a dickhead.
Brad Main

Bowling Green, KY

#6 Apr 1, 2009
Just with citifinancial wrote:
<quoted text>
We wanted to go through a credit company to build our credit up...that's the reason we did that....and to make monthly payments on it. We did not have the cash to just pay outright for that. We have children to support. So quit acting like a dickhead.
Ford's does 90 days same as cash all the time. They deliver for free and will negotiate on price.
duncan hines

Alliance, OH

#7 Apr 1, 2009
go by fords furniture and ask for alvin...he'll make you a good deal

Since: Nov 08

Bowling Green, Ky

#8 Apr 2, 2009
Problems wrote:
I went there in 2007 to buy a couch, rocker, end tables and coffee table. I thought I would try the 0% financing for 6 months, even though I had the cash. I was denied credit, then 2 weeks later I got a statement in the mail saying that I now had an account with Citi. Well, I had to cancel the account, then went to the store to pay CASH for all my items. This was in March. They said 3 weeks for the furniture to arrive. 3 weeks later, the did not have it. I called, and they gave me the run around. 8 weeks later, I went back to get my money back. Apparently, they changed owners during that time and LOST my order. I will never do business with them again. I have told everyone I know that they suck.
Alex

Bowling Green, KY

#9 Apr 2, 2009
I bought a couch with them and was told exactly when it was coming in. Delivery was made just as they said and everything went well. No complaints here.
Captain underpants

Lebanon, KY

#10 Apr 3, 2009
I bought a Great living room set from crazy larrys in the old golds gym building. He was extremly nice, worked with me on the price and even helped with delivery. I would HIGHLY suggest his business.
Actually

Canton, OH

#11 Apr 3, 2009
Captain underpants wrote:
I bought a Great living room set from crazy larrys in the old golds gym building. He was extremly nice, worked with me on the price and even helped with delivery. I would HIGHLY suggest his business.
I think you ment crazy eddys, but i went there and hopefully if i get my money back from ashleys i can go there you're right he's super nice, and has low prices!
Captain underpants

Lebanon, KY

#12 Apr 3, 2009
yeah it's crazy eddie's....didn't get all my coffee down, don't know why I was thinking crazy larrys.
my imput

United States

#13 Apr 8, 2009
I have bought a few things with them mainly because of the great warrenty not the service.

About 3 years ago I bought two recliners. No problem whatsoever with this purchase.

About a year ago I bought a couch from them. They were having a huge sale and the regional manager was helping. He is the one that sold me my couch. We sat on several couches and I made up my mind that I wanted a certain couch in a different color than what was actually in the store. He told me no problem. My finacee picked up my couch for me a few weeks later. I got home and looked at it right color totally wrong couch. I made another trip down there to tell them. They did cut me a 100 dollars off a more expensive couch because they said the couch I ordered didn't even exsist!! The 100 dollars off was nice but I had to make a few extra trips (taking back the old one and picking up the new one) back.

The last time I was in there was with my dad for a living room suite. We were sent something in the mail big sale 5 years no interest. Sounded great since he is on a fixed income and can not make big payments. We started to look around and basically anything that was on sale at all was not qualified for 5 years no interest. The only thing the piece of paper said was on purchases of 999.00 or more but nothing seemed to qualified. I got upset and reshowed the ass that was waiting on us the paper that was mailed. He pointed out the small print at the bottom *see store for details.

After that last ordeal I won't be back!
Lucky Lady Bowling Green

Evansville, IN

#14 Apr 13, 2009
If you like Ashley furniture go see the folks at United Furniture. You will see why they are known for 'SERVICE WITH A SMILE FOR OVER 63 YEARS" and they have in-store financing.
Jenny

Canton, OH

#15 Apr 16, 2009
I don't think you should even try to compare United Furniture's inventory with Ashley Furniture. Thats a joke! United Furniture's inventory looks like its 63 years old!
FREEnSTUFF

United States

#16 Apr 16, 2009
Jenny wrote:
I don't think you should even try to compare United Furniture's inventory with Ashley Furniture. Thats a joke! United Furniture's inventory looks like its 63 years old!
IT IS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brittney devoe 1 hr Shaw 2
Kaylee sturm (May '15) 4 hr We can wish 10
Rick Pitino come to WKU 4 hr Harper 39
Scott Cole 4 hr Kettle calling th... 26
women 5 hr good man 3
Ashley Thomas. Single? Taken? 5 hr jack hoff 3
Review: Kiriu USA Corporation (Mar '15) 6 hr Jimmy 62
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bowling Green Mortgages