Concert in the park dead
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“The truth shall set you free”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#22 Sep 4, 2011
I do not know the details only that they are breaking up, that is why you rarely see them performing this year. I know they were at A Taste of Bowling Green, but after that not too much.
sullivan

United States

#23 Sep 4, 2011
I will never forget a concert in the park a few years ago, I believe it was Steve Wilson kept bragging about the Bowling Green High cheerleaders and how great Bowling Green high was.

Then I remember a little later that night a bunch of the BGHS cheer squad spit on a bunch of the county kids and more or less bullied anyone out of the park that did not go to that school system.

I never cared for any of those snotty skip bond members after that, there all just a bunch of rich stuck up lawyers and incompetent plastic surgeons, yes I will give them credit for going to school to have those jobs and have the wealth, but all of skipbond and there followers were nothing but horseshit.
BG resident

Somerset, KY

#24 Sep 5, 2011
king wrote:
Tyrone Dunn is whack!!
The Tyrone Dunn Experiment is awesome and ALWAYS draw a HUGE crowd! Great music and fun always.
Barry

Bowling Green, KY

#25 Sep 7, 2011
Kitten_ wrote:
I went to a couple concerts in the park this year, and they had decent crowds. Cotton Creek had a really good crowd, and Easy Street of course had the park filled... Poison Karma, that was another good one.
When Poison Karma played, it was raining and the grass was wet the temp was 100% and the crowd was decent for the temp and weather I think.
LRN

United States

#26 Sep 7, 2011
I remember 5 man trio playing and the singer had the lyric book in front of her. classy.
Thorn

Canton, OH

#27 Sep 7, 2011
Why are the thornz not playing much anymore?
musiclovr

New Albany, IN

#28 Sep 7, 2011
LRN wrote:
I remember 5 man trio playing and the singer had the lyric book in front of her. classy.
They are called Miss Nomer now, and the lead singer does not use words in front of her.
LRN

United States

#29 Sep 8, 2011
She had it in front of her then and she still sucked.
musiclovr

New Albany, IN

#30 Sep 8, 2011
LRN wrote:
She had it in front of her then and she still sucked.
I wasn't there at Concerts in the Park that year, but I was this year. It's the same musicians that made up 5 Man Trio, I remember them from other past shows, but they are now Miss Nomer and have a new lead singer. Kara Gee. She's my good friend, but I'm not being biased when I say they are a great band both vocally and instrumentally. They have added keys and another guitar as well, but the keyboard player wasn't in the park this year with them.
johnetta pryor

United States

#31 Sep 8, 2011
musiclovr wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't there at Concerts in the Park that year, but I was this year. It's the same musicians that made up 5 Man Trio, I remember them from other past shows, but they are now Miss Nomer and have a new lead singer. Kara Gee. She's my good friend, but I'm not being biased when I say they are a great band both vocally and instrumentally. They have added keys and another guitar as well, but the keyboard player wasn't in the park this year with them.
they suck Cecil will kick there ass
skip bond fan

North Ridgeville, OH

#32 Sep 13, 2011
Skip Bond didn't play 2011 Concert in the Park this year because of a mistake made by the DRA,they didn't call them. They are still a viable performing band,playing a lot of out of town events. 2010's Concert in the Park was cancelled due to another mistake by the DRA too, they were placed on a date when SB&F had members away from town, not because they didn't have dressing room.These guys are good friends of BG and do a lot of charity events.Most of all their new lineup is phenomenal, check them out.
Adolf

Bowling Green, KY

#33 Sep 14, 2011
I've heard bad things about them writing letters to the Daily News to express Fascist views.
You Said That

North Ridgeville, OH

#34 Sep 14, 2011
Adolf wrote:
I've heard bad things about them writing letters to the Daily News to express Fascist views.
That's funny. Fascism is very anti-capitalism, and those guys are very much capitalists.

There may be some jerks in the band, but they play good music and give the audience a good time.

If you don't like them, don't go to where they're playing. I do like them but haven't seen them play in over a year, so they're easy to avoid if you want to.
Probably

Canton, OH

#35 Sep 14, 2011
Thorn wrote:
Why are the thornz not playing much anymore?
Probably because the lead singer is knocked up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Confidential informant Christy 56 min So sexy and hot 7
Chad perrine Back in jail. 58 min The knight rider 24
Cate Bunch 1 hr Uhaul 3
hottest redhead (Feb '10) 1 hr NikiPlumlee 68
Rebuilt Title cars in Bowling Green 1 hr Fyi 3
Guys really fantasize about sharing the wife? (May '09) 1 hr marriedmale 68
Beth Williams (Dec '12) 2 hr Lol 22

Bowling Green Jobs

Personal Finance

Bowling Green Mortgages