Congressman Brett Guthrie

Posted in the Bowling Green Forum

WKUGrad

Owensboro, KY

#1 Jan 2, 2013
Thought it would be appropriate to discuss our local US Congressman Brett Guthrie and his vote yesterday regarding raising our taxes. His vote to end the Bush tax cuts would have increased taxes on the working middle and lower class. He commented that he could not agree to the bi partisan deal as it did not have any spending cuts included. I am sure most everyone would agree that there needs to be cuts in Govt spending thus how about taking a look at their own first. Did you know that since 2008, Guthrie has earmarked over 14 mil of our tax dollars back to his district? And did you know that he currently or has in the past employed over 34 of his own staff members receiving almost a 1 mil in salary with several taking tax dollar trips to events like conventions? Is Mr. Guthrie "out of touch" and does he need to look at himself first to control spending?
Anglican

Duluth, GA

#2 Jan 2, 2013
There is no segment of the population that works that should be exempted from taxes automatically. Taxes will need to be raised on everyone to continue. I'm for making everyone who earns over twenty thousand pay income tax. Add sales tax dedicated to deficit reduction
secondamendment

Bowling Green, KY

#3 Jan 2, 2013
Guthrie voted correctly and the numbers you quoted pale in comparison to others in Congress. The man had to run an office. Good job Guthrie. Keep up the great work!
Bozotheclown

Duluth, GA

#4 Jan 2, 2013
WKUGrad wrote:
Thought it would be appropriate to discuss our local US Congressman Brett Guthrie and his vote yesterday regarding raising our taxes. His vote to end the Bush tax cuts would have increased taxes on the working middle and lower class. He commented that he could not agree to the bi partisan deal as it did not have any spending cuts included. I am sure most everyone would agree that there needs to be cuts in Govt spending thus how about taking a look at their own first. Did you know that since 2008, Guthrie has earmarked over 14 mil of our tax dollars back to his district? And did you know that he currently or has in the past employed over 34 of his own staff members receiving almost a 1 mil in salary with several taking tax dollar trips to events like conventions? Is Mr. Guthrie "out of touch" and does he need to look at himself first to control spending?
My God!
If this is the level of education of a WKU Grad, they should close that cow college down!
You sit/madam are an uneducated idiot!
WKUGrad

Owensboro, KY

#5 Jan 2, 2013
Bozotheclown wrote:
<quoted text>
My God!
If this is the level of education of a WKU Grad, they should close that cow college down!
You sit/madam are an uneducated idiot!
Please explain Bozo what you see in my post that is so idiotic.
Facts are facts and Guthrie is a hypocrite!
WKUGrad

Owensboro, KY

#6 Jan 2, 2013
secondamendment wrote:
Guthrie voted correctly and the numbers you quoted pale in comparison to others in Congress. The man had to run an office. Good job Guthrie. Keep up the great work!
The man has to run an office huh? I can find a much better use of our tax dollars than to pay 34 staffers a salary to do what?
Tell me exactly what they do for their income.

I do care what others spend but the one who represents me is Guthrie thus he is the one I will voice my concerns about.

So his vote was correct? You must hate money and enjoy giving it to the govt because if the tax cuts had run out, you would pay more this year.
Bozotheclown

Canton, OH

#7 Jan 2, 2013
WKUGrad wrote:
<quoted text>Please explain Bozo what you see in my post that is so idiotic.
Facts are facts and Guthrie is a hypocrite!
OK
Idiotic- your statement he has 34 staffers.
He does not have even half that.
Your statements, full of falsehoods, disqualify you from an intelligent discourse.
Sure, I respect your opinion, but not illogical facts.
Go back to WKU or try a real school that will teach you something.
You want to disagree with his politics, cool. But at least be truthful and respect his reasoning. Didn't say like it either.
secondamendment

Canton, OH

#8 Jan 2, 2013
WKUGrad wrote:
<quoted text>The man has to run an office huh? I can find a much better use of our tax dollars than to pay 34 staffers a salary to do what?
Tell me exactly what they do for their income.

I do care what others spend but the one who represents me is Guthrie thus he is the one I will voice my concerns about.

So his vote was correct? You must hate money and enjoy giving it to the govt because if the tax cuts had run out, you would pay more this year.
Look dumbass. Guthrie voted against a bill that raids over $600 billion from producers while only cutting $15 billion in spending during the same period. Judging by your failed logic maybe we should start cutting spending at WKU since they are turning out idiots.
Bob G

Louisville, KY

#10 Jan 7, 2013
Well, while we're commenting....
Mr. Guthrie and his staff went above and beyond to help us with our very, very, sick son. We visited him and his staff in DC and they could not have been more welcoming and helpful.
My family was impressed. There were no big vote opportunities and Congressman Guthrie did so much to help our family. Charachter counts.
He's a good man.
Bluegrass conservative

Berea, KY

#11 Jan 8, 2013
You need to look at that entire bill and what all was in it. It was a very flawed piece of legislation as many are learning now. It raised taxes on almost 80% of the working population. The same is true with the hurricane sandy bill. It should have been voted down and rewritten.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Bowling Green Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
married men looking for gay sex on craigslist (Feb '11) 15 min simple 143
hills plant burnt char falling 1 hr HPN 2
BG Bandits 1 hr who knows 1
Joy Denton (Jul '10) 6 hr Farmer42134 38
wbko kristi hancock 7 hr sun products empl... 78
Humiliating People from BG 7 hr Bombardier 16
where can i get some good weed in this stupid f... (Aug '13) 8 hr Twisty 27
Owner of Bowling Green Glass, Jim French, arres... 10 hr Abc 6
Poor doctor hulsey 10 hr Abc 23