First Prev
of 3
Next Last
siobhan

Canton, OH

#42 May 2, 2009
BG Person wrote:
<quoted text>
The Fairview Clinic or whatever you called it IS THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT. They moved to the new building and changed the name!
The Fairview Community Health Center has absoloutely no affiliation with the Health Department!
thats what I said

Canton, OH

#43 May 2, 2009
I tried to make that clear earlier, but some people insist they know all. Thaks for the back up.
Jaimie

Canton, OH

#45 Jul 16, 2009
To Non Medical Card person

Look I think you are an ignorant rich snob who is married to a doctor. I bet you sit around all day long getting your privates waxed and eating bon bons....come on dummy....we are talking about the working poor not welfare rats.....there is a big difference and get used to it sister because the working poor are on the rise.
Jaimie

Canton, OH

#46 Jul 16, 2009
Also, rich snob, lack of prenatal care could lead to higher instances of children with a diagnosis of mental retardation, birth defects, etc., thus an increase in over-all governmental services such as long-term care (average cost, per member, per year= $50,000). So ma'am you do the math, prenatal care in the short run or long-term care post natal.
Make The Difference

Louisville, KY

#47 Jul 17, 2009
Bowling Green wrote:
OK people but I still did not get any answers where to go to get checked up...anybody knows here to go if you don`t have insurance....I am not asking for those hateful answers, just asking for help and advise.
I think your best bet would be to start calling the number on the medical card. I believe they will mail you a list or give you names over the phone.
Make The Difference

Louisville, KY

#48 Jul 17, 2009
non medical card person wrote:
So what if it cost you $10000 to have a child. If you couldn't afford to pay for it, you shouldn't have it. Also, if it cost $10k, why not PAY THE BILL yourself instead of having the TAXPAYERS like me pay it for you??? You could have made payments, but no, you chose to let the government (aka, my tax dollars) cover the bill for you. People who cannot afford children, should not have them.
I dont' blame MD's for not taking medical card. They get paid only a small portion of their charges. Their malpractice insurance rates are thru the roof due to lawsuit happy idiots and when they only get paid 25% of their charges, they can't afford to do it.
I agree somewhat with your response. I too do not like people taking advantage of the system and using my tax dollars to pay their bills. But there are in fact, people that need some help. I think the problem is created when someone is allowed to remain on government assistance when they are able to get out and work like the next person. There are assistance for child care and assistance with job training and schools. The person needs to be made to do one or the other and this needs to be followed up by the government. Why waste dollars for childcare and training/school if the parent is just going to take the child to the daycare and sit home on their butts all day and not become a productive citizen. This is where the chain reaction starts. The parents do it then the child sees what is going on and the cycle is hard to break.
Aww poor wittle doctahs

Louisville, KY

#49 Jul 30, 2012
Poor babies! They get paid 60 bucks to measure my wife's stomach and walk out in a hurry! Poor things! 60 bucks for 3 minutes worth of work and then rushing out before you can ask 2 questions. Screw them.
Wutsgoingon

Somerset, KY

#50 Jul 30, 2012
HappyMomma wrote:
I don't recommend going to the Women's Clinic (is it still called that?), but they do take Medical card. Another doc that I know takes it (my cousin just started seeing her) is Dr. Morgan, but I also don't recommend her (she has the highest C-section rate in the area).
If it's not too much of an inconvience on you, there is the Women and Children's Clinic in Glasgow. They have 3 or 4 OBs and a Midwife (who I used for my son) They take medical card and were always really nice. I never met the docs, but Nellie Bell the midwife was fabulous. She listened to what I was wanting (or I should say not wanting....drugs) and the only time I had a wait was when she was delivering a baby(goes w/the territory). They don't overbook, so as long as you show up on time you can be out in 30-45 mins, less if it's just a measurement test.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a high c-section rate. A doctor like that would have preserved my ability to have more children. However, I am looking to go to the place in Glasgow as well. I hear really good things about it.
Who is the Baby

United States

#51 Jul 30, 2012
Aww poor wittle doctahs wrote:
Poor babies! They get paid 60 bucks to measure my wife's stomach and walk out in a hurry! Poor things! 60 bucks for 3 minutes worth of work and then rushing out before you can ask 2 questions. Screw them.
Yes. That is all that happens at your wife's appointment. And the doctor personally pockets every penny. No bills to pay (facility, supplies, tests, malpractice, etc.). And no employees to pay either.

If all the doctor does is measure her stomach, maybe just go to a seamstress next time. Hmm. But the seamstress probably won't take your wife's calls about concerns in the middle of the night.

With all due respect, it sounds to me like you are the baby complaining.
confuzzled

North Ridgeville, OH

#52 Sep 11, 2012
non medical card person wrote:
So what if it cost you $10000 to have a child. If you couldn't afford to pay for it, you shouldn't have it. Also, if it cost $10k, why not PAY THE BILL yourself instead of having the TAXPAYERS like me pay it for you??? You could have made payments, but no, you chose to let the government (aka, my tax dollars) cover the bill for you. People who cannot afford children, should not have them.
I dont' blame MD's for not taking medical card. They get paid only a small portion of their charges. Their malpractice insurance rates are thru the roof due to lawsuit happy idiots and when they only get paid 25% of their charges, they can't afford to do it.
Don't you realize that her husband WORKS (as she stated) and therefore HE pays taxes too!?!?!? So she has one kid on medicaid, i think the taxes he has taken outta check will more than pay for that one child (And I am someone that had to pay for own medical bills and still has taxes taken out!) Now if her AND him didn't work, lived with their family, etc, it'd make sense for you to be bashing her, but they ARE taxpayers same as you, so vent elsewhere :)
Doctors suck

Louisville, KY

#53 Sep 14, 2012
Who is the Baby wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. That is all that happens at your wife's appointment. And the doctor personally pockets every penny. No bills to pay (facility, supplies, tests, malpractice, etc.). And no employees to pay either.
If all the doctor does is measure her stomach, maybe just go to a seamstress next time. Hmm. But the seamstress probably won't take your wife's calls about concerns in the middle of the night.
With all due respect, it sounds to me like you are the baby complaining.
Considering she doesn't call the doctor at all, I still do not see the reason for charging sixty bucks to measure a stomach and be as unhelpful and rude as possible. We will be changing doctors soon.

As for the overhead you defend them on, I highly DOUBT the overhead is worse than what, in our case, amounts to 720 bucks an hour. Give me a f*ckin break...
Entitled Patient Syndrome

North Ridgeville, OH

#54 Sep 14, 2012
They get a global fee for deliveries, a few hundred dollars to cover the delivery in the hospital, plus ALL the prenatal visits no matter how difficult the pregnancy or how many times they need to see you plus getting ALL the phone calls ALL hours of the night, many times because the nurses can't read a call schedule correctly and they wake up the wrong doctor. With that money they have to pay all their overhead, first comes the malpractice insurance because they dare to practice this specialty in this country, then comes health insurance for their staff, salaries, the building you walked into, the lights to see by, materials used, taxes, etc etc etc.. The doctor gets paid last after everyone else and there's usually nothing left on Medical card reimbursement. Medicare they are usually upside down on. This is why so many refuse to take it because they cannot afford to. Would you work for free? Doctor's do not make an hourly wage and if they did, they would be getting paid 24 hours a day. All this and making 700 or more life or death decisions in a day and the stress that causes a human being age way faster than normal. Put a price on that if you can. Best wishes for a comfortable pregnancy, a safe delivery and a healthy child.
Doctors suck

Louisville, KY

#55 Sep 15, 2012
Are doctors drafted into service like the GIs in the Vietnam War? The last time I checked, being a doctor was voluntary as was specializing in OB/GYN. They chose this life.

Let's review. If I chose this life, got paid a ridiculous amount of money to do it, why would I deserve sympathy?

I have had three kids so far.(I don't have a medical card btw, I use Cigna.) With each child, the OB/GYN was in and out of the appointments in about 5 minutes or less. We never called after hours.(Thank God we never needed to.) With each child the doctor visit ranged from 65-100 dollars for those five minutes. The delivery was about 6000 to hospital, 1000-2000 for doctor.

That's right..1000-2000 to pull my kids out of my wife's vagina which she was already pushing out. 1000-2000 for about an hours "work" (which was basically caually walking in, having nurses fawn over them and dress them). 1000-2000 to do what any EMT could do. 1000-2000 to basically do what cavemen did 40000 years ago.

I'm sorry. I have been through 3-going on 4 pregnancies. They honestly do not deserve that much money for the work they do. They damn sure do not deserve any sympathy. If I worked that job and got paid that ridiculous amount of money, I would provide better bedside manner and damn sure wouldn't expect an ounce of sympathy for the working conditions.

Pay our GI's that much money--Now THEY deserve it.
If it is so easy

United States

#56 Sep 15, 2012
Doctors suck wrote:
Are doctors drafted into service like the GIs in the Vietnam War? The last time I checked, being a doctor was voluntary as was specializing in OB/GYN. They chose this life.
Let's review. If I chose this life, got paid a ridiculous amount of money to do it, why would I deserve sympathy?
I have had three kids so far.(I don't have a medical card btw, I use Cigna.) With each child, the OB/GYN was in and out of the appointments in about 5 minutes or less. We never called after hours.(Thank God we never needed to.) With each child the doctor visit ranged from 65-100 dollars for those five minutes. The delivery was about 6000 to hospital, 1000-2000 for doctor.
That's right..1000-2000 to pull my kids out of my wife's vagina which she was already pushing out. 1000-2000 for about an hours "work" (which was basically caually walking in, having nurses fawn over them and dress them). 1000-2000 to do what any EMT could do. 1000-2000 to basically do what cavemen did 40000 years ago.
I'm sorry. I have been through 3-going on 4 pregnancies. They honestly do not deserve that much money for the work they do. They damn sure do not deserve any sympathy. If I worked that job and got paid that ridiculous amount of money, I would provide better bedside manner and damn sure wouldn't expect an ounce of sympathy for the working conditions.
Pay our GI's that much money--Now THEY deserve it.
Yes, your wife's doctor chose to be an OB-GYN. I haven't read anything saying that he or she is asking for sympathy. Rather, you are in here moaning about how much he or she charges.

If their job is so easy and pay so excellent for what they do, I would suggest doing what you need to do to apply and be accepted into medical school (whether that involves going/graduating from college with excellent grades, taking courses and studying to get a good MCAT score, unpaid internships in the healthcare field to show you are truly dedicated, etc.). Then, go to medical school and work really hard so that you will be accepted into an OB-GYN residency program. And finance all of the previously mentioned training. Most medical schools will not allow you to work (outside of work you are paying them to do as part of your education). Then, complete a three year residency program where you will work ridiculous hours and be grossly underpaid for what someone of your intelligence and work ethic could otherwise be paid in the job market. Maybe continue with another year or two of training in a fellowship. After 11-13 years of training, you can begin your career and put all of your personal assets on the line each day you go to work if, as all humans do, you make a mistake at some point.(Malpractice insurance has limits. Many OB-GYN verdicts exceed coverage.)

If delivering babies is so easy and doctors do not do anything, why not talk to your wife about a home birth? You could deliver the baby (as you stated the doctor is not doing anything cavemen didn't do years ago). Oh yes, but the outcomes are often quite better with modern medicine.

Best of luck to you finding a healthcare practicioner who meets your wife's needs. If the attitude you are displaying in your posts is anything like your attitude at the doctor's office, that might be why the doctor is rude. Just a thought.
WorkingfortheEne my

Portland, TN

#57 Feb 13, 2013
I actually process Medicaid claims & have worked in this field for over 10yrs. In that time Ive worked for several ins companies, two of which are KY employers highest carriers. NO insurance company will pay a Dr what they are billed; it simply doesn't happen. Saying that Medicaid doesn't reimburse much is not making a distinguishing point versus the others. In fact, Medicaid is the ONLY company I know of that pays PCPs monthly whether the pt has been seen that month or not. Lastly, educate yourself on how state tax dollars are allocated before you give the tired 'tired of tax dollars going to girls who won't keep their legs closed' spill. Do you think you have a choice? No. Why degrade someone? Besides, the post was asking for Ob/Gyns that accepted the card, not what ignorant & bored computer junkies thought about people with a medical card needing an Ob/Gyn. However, if you feel that strongly about it, you can start your own thread & stop hijacking others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why blacks vote Dem 5 min Proud Deplorable 19
Christy don't be jealous 15 min Christy 6
Love 1 hr May May 37
Melania smells of URINE !!! 1 hr BrokeAzzBiittcchn... 9
Carrie Crawford 3 hr Justmythoughts 4
A profitable day for Christy 3 hr ShutTheFuccUp 2
Tuyannia Stallworth 3 hr yep 3

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance