WARNING to Everyone!!

Posted in the Bowling Green Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Property Owner

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Well, not so much everyone, but those owning rental property or thinking that they can make a living as a landlord. The written laws in Kentucky concerning rental property are a complete waste of time! They are written for no reason and none of them apply to anything!
I have owned rental property in Bowling Green for several years and as of today I am no longer claiming to be a landlord! I am evicting all tenants and selling my properties and relocating to another state. I have bent the rules and tried to help people in trouble and I have been sh*t on for the last time. If you rent from me your 30 day notice is on it's way!
In 8 years I have not had one tenant that I didn't have to chase down to receive rent payments. I have heard ever BS lie in the book and my days of kindness and compassion are over! My properties have been literally destroyed by trashy people and the trash they bring in the homes. Those of you with parole officers checking on you to verify that your children have a suitable home, sorry about your luck, I will no longer play the game! You would think this type of thing would only be common in lower income and apartment situations, but I'm talking about homes in excess of $100,000, not duplexes or quads, Single family homes!
Sorry about the rant, here is your warning! If you are a property owner or thinking of becoming one, a lease means nothing to the court system of this city. It is a written or verbal contract that under critical situations means nothing and is not recognized for any reason. Your tenant applications can look like perfect renters and once the property is occupied you start learning that everything on the application is in fact a lie. If and when you reach the end of an agreement and want possession of your property, it doesn't matter what you have done, this delightful process can take as much as three months or more to accomplish. Once an eviction notice is served, be aware that you will no longer receive rent from those tenants and trying to go after it after they have moved ends up costing you more than you would make from the payments.
Normally I would wish my renters well in their future, but at this point I don't care if you and your families have to live under a bridge. Anyone thinking of this profession as a career in this city I caution you to rethink your choices!

Since: Sep 12

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 22, 2012
 
Why would you not research the applications before signing the lease? Especially if these homes are as nice as you say.
You Must Be Kidding

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Property Owner wrote:
In 8 years I have not had one tenant that I didn't have to chase down to receive rent payments.
You attract nothing but bums?
Those of you with parole officers checking on you to verify that your children have a suitable home, sorry about your luck, I will no longer play the game! You would think this type of thing would only be common in lower income and apartment situations, but I'm talking about homes in excess of $100,000, not duplexes or quads, Single family homes!
You attract nothing but bums, AND you put them up in $100,000 homes, AND you knowingly play games to keep them in the clear with their parole officers. My Lord!
If you are a property owner or thinking of becoming one, a lease means nothing to the court system of this city. It is a written or verbal contract
Verbal contract? What are you doing entering into verbal contracts? How stupid are you?
Your tenant applications can look like perfect renters and once the property is occupied you start learning that everything on the application is in fact a lie.
Why don't you take some of the blame that you deserve? You just admitted that you rent to criminals, you play games with the parole people to help out criminals, and enter into verbal contracts that aren't worth the paper they are written on. How can you blame these losers when you're the damn fool who isn't screening for better tenants? It sounds like you got burned by a criminal.
Landlord

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 22, 2012
 
Did you really expect your renters to continue to pay rent after you served eviction notices on them? Or to care about the condition of your property while you're evicting them? You sound a little naive to me. A lease does hold up in a court of law but it depends what's written in the lease. You can't just put whatever you want in a lease contract and expect a court to uphold it if it's illegal.
bud

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 22, 2012
 
At least this person didn blame everything on the blacks !
dang

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 22, 2012
 
My wife and I are good people and I have never left a rental property worse than I found it. I do improvements all of the time. Unfortunately we could never find a decent rental home that wasn't in a thug neighborhood.

I can afford a place up to 700 dollars a month. I wish I could have been a tenant of yours. You would have been impressed.
doug loves rug

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 22, 2012
 
dang wrote:
My wife and I are good people and I have never left a rental property worse than I found it. I do improvements all of the time. Unfortunately we could never find a decent rental home that wasn't in a thug neighborhood.
I can afford a place up to 700 dollars a month. I wish I could have been a tenant of yours. You would have been impressed.
i've seen ur rugs. look like shit rugs to me.
answer

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 23, 2012
 
Property Owner wrote:
Well, not so much everyone, but those owning rental property or thinking that they can make a living as a landlord. The written laws in Kentucky concerning rental property are a complete waste of time! They are written for no reason and none of them apply to anything!
I have owned rental property in Bowling Green for several years and as of today I am no longer claiming to be a landlord! I am evicting all tenants and selling my properties and relocating to another state. I have bent the rules and tried to help people in trouble and I have been sh*t on for the last time. If you rent from me your 30 day notice is on it's way!
In 8 years I have not had one tenant that I didn't have to chase down to receive rent payments. I have heard ever BS lie in the book and my days of kindness and compassion are over! My properties have been literally destroyed by trashy people and the trash they bring in the homes. Those of you with parole officers checking on you to verify that your children have a suitable home, sorry about your luck, I will no longer play the game! You would think this type of thing would only be common in lower income and apartment situations, but I'm talking about homes in excess of $100,000, not duplexes or quads, Single family homes!
Sorry about the rant, here is your warning! If you are a property owner or thinking of becoming one, a lease means nothing to the court system of this city. It is a written or verbal contract that under critical situations means nothing and is not recognized for any reason. Your tenant applications can look like perfect renters and once the property is occupied you start learning that everything on the application is in fact a lie. If and when you reach the end of an agreement and want possession of your property, it doesn't matter what you have done, this delightful process can take as much as three months or more to accomplish. Once an eviction notice is served, be aware that you will no longer receive rent from those tenants and trying to go after it after they have moved ends up costing you more than you would make from the payments.
Normally I would wish my renters well in their future, but at this point I don't care if you and your families have to live under a bridge. Anyone thinking of this profession as a career in this city I caution you to rethink your choices!
You are not doing something right... My family has been in the rental business for the last 55 yrs and have made great money.... My father, my grandfather, my uncles all have rental properties and all make great money...... My suggestion to you would be credit checks, it weeds out 90% of the bad apples and all our houses stay full.... Yes there have been bad ones over the years but most are good renters, check them out before you rent to them!!!!
Jason A

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Anyone who rents to poor people deserves to suffer. The poor are bums. Put them under a bridge and gas them.
Enice gets penis

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 23, 2012
 
Jason A wrote:
Anyone who rents to poor people deserves to suffer. The poor are bums. Put them under a bridge and gas them.
Yeah to create an even bigger statistic! wtf Jason A**hole
Jason A

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 23, 2012
 
I'm tired of my taxes going to the poor. Get rid of them. We have the technology. Elect some Republicans. They'll do them in.
mikedenney

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 23, 2012
 
Jason A--'reverse psychology' never works with total strangers.
As for the original 'poster'...sounds like you tried, but it's like the cute girl who's only attracted to criminals--you sounded like you were renting to undeserving thugs.
'dang' sounds nice--that's how I 'play'--the old Boy Scout camping motto--"Leave the place better than when you found it".
You may have had bad luck about finding proper renters--I have, in finding 'tenants' to rent my current place with me. I gave all false impressions that they could walk all over me, and 'waah', now I don't have any more 'roomies','cause they did walk all over me.
I've lived in some REEEALL shitholes here in BG (born here, too), and a local health dept. inspector told me in 2011 "Bowling Green has a REAL problem with slumlords". I knew that, I still know that, and I keep hoping that someday, good landlords will come in and rejuvenate BG for any good people left who are honest, industrious, good-hearted, and have the self-initiative and resourcefulness to make that Scouts camping motto the mainstay for anyone seeking rentals here in town.
In closing, I'll say this; 'you just don't know who'll act like what 'til you see'.
One female landlord '88 told me and my buddy she'd give us a whole house over on Adams St. for a $200 discount, because she'd tired of having to remodel the place after 3 sets of female WKU students trashed the place. We laughed as we left, not mockingly, but because she admitted her delusion--it's not women, or WKU students, or ANY GROUP in particular, that are the problem--just like the danger of stereotyping in any venue, it's personal, and often conditional: the best of the best may run into unforeseen troubles, and the worst likewise may end up seeing their potential and respecting their right to excel, in any thing.
God, I hate to say it, but with local housing, there are so many issues, causes, and potential outcomes that it would be good if we 'could al just get along'.
gonna hafta to go to the bathroom, stare at myself in the mirror, and slap myself after saying that, esp. here.
and what

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 23, 2012
 
Property Owner wrote:
Well, not so much everyone, but those owning rental property or thinking that they can make a living as a landlord. The written laws in Kentucky concerning rental property are a complete waste of time! They are written for no reason and none of them apply to anything!
I have owned rental property in Bowling Green for several years and as of today I am no longer claiming to be a landlord! I am evicting all tenants and selling my properties and relocating to another state. I have bent the rules and tried to help people in trouble and I have been sh*t on for the last time. If you rent from me your 30 day notice is on it's way!
In 8 years I have not had one tenant that I didn't have to chase down to receive rent payments. I have heard ever BS lie in the book and my days of kindness and compassion are over! My properties have been literally destroyed by trashy people and the trash they bring in the homes. Those of you with parole officers checking on you to verify that your children have a suitable home, sorry about your luck, I will no longer play the game! You would think this type of thing would only be common in lower income and apartment situations, but I'm talking about homes in excess of $100,000, not duplexes or quads, Single family homes!
Sorry about the rant, here is your warning! If you are a property owner or thinking of becoming one, a lease means nothing to the court system of this city. It is a written or verbal contract that under critical situations means nothing and is not recognized for any reason. Your tenant applications can look like perfect renters and once the property is occupied you start learning that everything on the application is in fact a lie. If and when you reach the end of an agreement and want possession of your property, it doesn't matter what you have done, this delightful process can take as much as three months or more to accomplish. Once an eviction notice is served, be aware that you will no longer receive rent from those tenants and trying to go after it after they have moved ends up costing you more than you would make from the payments.
Normally I would wish my renters well in their future, but at this point I don't care if you and your families have to live under a bridge. Anyone thinking of this profession as a career in this city I caution you to rethink your choices!
Did you know its a crime to lie to the parole board? Just sayn!
Amen

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 23, 2012
 
Yeah liar!
Renter Here

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 23, 2012
 
I was buying my own home in another state and moved here to be closer to my parents and help take care of them. I didn't leave the mortgage on it high and dry, I sold it to my sister. I work 2 full time jobs, my husband and daughter are both disabled. Yes, we have pets, they are part of my daughters therapy. However, I have rented a home since we have lived in this town.

Property owner- you talk about not having any rights, but I am on the other end of that spectrum. I am the Renter, and it seems to me that you have more rights than we do. Every month, my rent is paid by the 1-5th usually, unless my payday falls a few days later. We take care of the property, my animals are well behaved, and are housebroken, fixed, and litter trained. I love the house we live in because we love living in the country, I love how big it is, and I love that my rent isn't jacked through the roof. What I don't like is the fact that my landlord doesn't take pride in his properties. We have been begging to have the windows fixed, the basement dried out, and our ceiling fixed. When we ask we are given the run around, with excuse after excuse. It seems that there are no perfect solutions to anyone problems.

But you must realize, just because someone is poor doesn't make them a bad renter. Good credit does not make someone a good renter either. We have several references that can be provided, and our credit isn't great, because of medical issues, and we aren't rich, that's why I work 2 jobs. Having pets doesn't make us bad renters, just loving caring pet lovers.

I guess my point is, if the landlord takes pride in his property, and maintains it the renters will usually do the same. We go to bed each night, checking the smoke detectors, and praying our house doesn't catch fire in the middle of the night, because of shorts in the wiring and electrical outlets that don't work. You go to bed hoping your property will be treated with the same loving care that you would give it if it were yours. Sounds like we are in the same boat.
Really

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 23, 2012
 
Renter Here wrote:
I was buying my own home in another state and moved here to be closer to my parents and help take care of them. I didn't leave the mortgage on it high and dry, I sold it to my sister. I work 2 full time jobs, my husband and daughter are both disabled. Yes, we have pets, they are part of my daughters therapy. However, I have rented a home since we have lived in this town.

Property owner- you talk about not having any rights, but I am on the other end of that spectrum. I am the Renter, and it seems to me that you have more rights than we do. Every month, my rent is paid by the 1-5th usually, unless my payday falls a few days later. We take care of the property, my animals are well behaved, and are housebroken, fixed, and litter trained. I love the house we live in because we love living in the country, I love how big it is, and I love that my rent isn't jacked through the roof. What I don't like is the fact that my landlord doesn't take pride in his properties. We have been begging to have the windows fixed, the basement dried out, and our ceiling fixed. When we ask we are given the run around, with excuse after excuse. It seems that there are no perfect solutions to anyone problems.

But you must realize, just because someone is poor doesn't make them a bad renter. Good credit does not make someone a good renter either. We have several references that can be provided, and our credit isn't great, because of medical issues, and we aren't rich, that's why I work 2 jobs. Having pets doesn't make us bad renters, just loving caring pet lovers.

I guess my point is, if the landlord takes pride in his property, and maintains it the renters will usually do the same. We go to bed each night, checking the smoke detectors, and praying our house doesn't catch fire in the middle of the night, because of shorts in the wiring and electrical outlets that don't work. You go to bed hoping your property will be treated with the same loving care that you would give it if it were yours. Sounds like we are in the same boat.
We do both credit checks and references and believe me we do maintain the properties .... This has helped get a better renter because if they don't pay bills on time a renter is not going to pay rent on time either... We have several friends in the rental business that do the same thing and it works very well for us... And yes if medical bills from a long term illness is over looked as far as our credit check but if they have a lot of different unpaid bills they don't get to rent from us.....
poor soul

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 24, 2012
 
I left a rental property in 2005 because the place was run like a zoo and have a balance with them still for one months rent. I have student loan debt that im in default of but have always maintained good on bills etc. Places turn me away even though I have a good paying job and am very responsible..this is utter bullshit. A man needs a place to live.
Blessed are the poor

Tompkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 24, 2012
 
Blessed are the poor for they shall inherit the kingdom of heaven. The poor and criminals are not always synonymous. You can be poor and a non- welfare receiving, clean, tax-paying individual.
answer

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Oct 24, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Blessed are the poor wrote:
Blessed are the poor for they shall inherit the kingdom of heaven. The poor and criminals are not always synonymous. You can be poor and a non- welfare receiving, clean, tax-paying individual.
You can be poor and still pay your rent and bills on time, I do!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

111 Users are viewing the Bowling Green Forum right now

Search the Bowling Green Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Get the Bowling Green Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 16 min me 144,972
Jessica Cummings 23 min Hell yeah 3
Bush Obama No Glory 47 min Philip K Dick 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 57 min ji 454
Red lobster terrible makeover 59 min Lisa 16
Child Support Hearing 1 hr English Teacher 20
His Love 1 hr Im done 14
Why was Eldon Renaud fired from GM 8 hr Old Timer 23
•••
•••
•••
Bowling Green Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Bowling Green Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bowling Green People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Bowling Green News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bowling Green
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••