BG Consumer

Canton, OH

#1 Sep 16, 2009
Your Opinion??

“Resident Husky”

Since: Aug 09

Ralphie

#2 Sep 16, 2009
I don't like how on the non-digital package, they have several channels that have been moved to the digital package, and 3 channels that appear twice on the basic 60ish channels.
Benjamin Dover

White House, TN

#3 Sep 16, 2009
Since they are eliminating channels, when are they going to lower my bill?
UNPLEASED

Brentwood, TN

#4 Sep 16, 2009
THEY OVER CHARGE THEIR CUSTOMERS!!! WHAT A RIPOFF..THE LONGER YOU STAY WITH INSIGHT-THE MORE YOU PAY! EACH YEAR YOU ARE WITH INSIGHT, YOUR BILL GOES UP $10 OR MORE. RIPOFF!!!!!
We Wont Lose One

Lexington, KY

#5 Sep 16, 2009
You choose to complain about Insight but have you really ever called & asked them if they could lower your bill because you have been a loyal customer? The channels are still with Insight, they are just being moved so that they can give their customers newer channels, "A more exciting lineup!"..
They are doing the best that they can do with the economy the way it is. At least when they offer you a price they gurantee the price for a year! My electric bill was over a $100.00 one month & then next almost $200.00 , I'm kinda thankful that I was able to call Insight & let them know my current situation with my job loss, two children & my electric bill..
All you have to do is ask... Then if they don't offer to help.. Then complain.. Untill then..Well, the only person you have to be mad at is yourself for not picking up the phone & asking!!!
We Won't Lose One!!!
Dragonesque

Evansville, IN

#6 Sep 16, 2009
A little competition definitely wouldn't hurt. Insight is far better than, say, Charter. But there's still room for improvement. For example, the Syfy Channel is only available with a digital package here. However, in Louisville, it's available through Insight as part of their basic, non-digital package. What gives?
yep

West Paducah, KY

#7 Sep 17, 2009
Insight is not a good company.
lobo

Elizabethtown, KY

#8 Sep 17, 2009
BG Consumer wrote:
Your Opinion??
Wasted money. I got one of those guberment credits towards a conversion box for the recent TV changeover. With a new antenna I get a good number of stations. Free.

Many are religious programs urging me to convert from my dilettante ways, send them money, and support Israel without question. Others include KET and programs selling me devices to make my teeth white from years of coffee and cheap blended bourbon stains. My favorite tho is Retro TV. On which I can watch old informative programs like the " A-Team" before falling asleep anyway. No cost but the electric.

I've had Dish, Cable, and Direct. All suck. All up rates after the introductory bait and switch rates, so you can watch the same religious people and assorted sports channels playing shuffleboard tournaments in Orlando. F*ck them all. I love free TV.
shooter

Louisville, KY

#9 Sep 17, 2009
We Wont Lose One wrote:
You choose to complain about Insight but have you really ever called & asked them if they could lower your bill because you have been a loyal customer? The channels are still with Insight, they are just being moved so that they can give their customers newer channels, "A more exciting lineup!"..
They are doing the best that they can do with the economy the way it is. At least when they offer you a price they gurantee the price for a year! My electric bill was over a $100.00 one month & then next almost $200.00 , I'm kinda thankful that I was able to call Insight & let them know my current situation with my job loss, two children & my electric bill..
All you have to do is ask... Then if they don't offer to help.. Then complain.. Untill then..Well, the only person you have to be mad at is yourself for not picking up the phone & asking!!!
We Won't Lose One!!!
I called and asked why I couldn't get a break on premium channels like new customers. They were offering new customers free premium channels, so I asked them why I couldn't get the same, since I had been a customer for 20+ years. They said no, so I cancelled my premium channels.
Alex

Bowling Green, KY

#10 Sep 18, 2009
Once Directv and Dish offer local channels, I think they will lose a bunch of customers.
BGMOM

Canton, OH

#11 Sep 30, 2009
I called to ask why the phone portion of my bill has increased $10.00 and the customer service rep. was very rude and short with me. I requested to speak to a manager and she disconnected my call. Very unkind people.

“1 p\/\/n y0ur n37w0rk”

Since: Dec 08

Nashville, TN

#12 Oct 1, 2009
I always got the internet service I paid for. Most ISP's in the US only give you about 50% bandwidth that they promise, but I never had a problem.

And I never got throttled on my bandwidth either.
mee

Frankfort, KY

#13 Oct 21, 2009
I have never had one minutes problem with insight. when something is wrong with my TV I just call the bg office and someone will come right out and fix it. The Customer service people are all great..
or the ones who come to my house. I wish the service everywhere eles was as great....
yeah yeah

Louisville, KY

#14 Oct 21, 2009
They do have great service but they are WAY too expensive...it seems like every couple of months I get a little flyer saying they have increased the bill by $5 for the cable or the internet. I called and I told them that I cannot afford it anymore to see if they could do anything for me...she basically told me I could get 12.95 cable instead of having the basic pkg. I asked if I could go to the pkg that newer customers were paying bc Im paying about $20 more for my cable than my sister that just signed up. She said well your plan is actually cheaper right now than for new customers and when I told her she was lying because my sister just got it she said well we are no longer offering the promotion she locked in. Well I thought it was kinda funny because 2 days later my friend installed her insight and got the same price as my sister...so obviously they were still offering it. I dont know why she had to lie to me??? I kept the internet but got rid of the cable...it wasn't worth it to me at all...I was paying way way way too much for the same channels I can get elsewhere.
mee

Frankfort, KY

#15 Oct 22, 2009
Try calling back... Maybe the sale rep wasn't a good one... I have all three services with them and I pay about 35% less then if I had to pay each one by it's self... Good Luck....
gtjune

Bowling Green, KY

#16 Oct 22, 2009
I have had nothing but BAD experences. Dont go with insight
bggirl

Louisville, KY

#17 Oct 22, 2009
Here is just a word of advice, those $5 increases do not stop. I assumed that eventually they would cease. However, I was with them for 3 years and like clock work I would get those flyers saying that I was in the "Insight Rewards Program". The only problem is...I NEVER got any rewards lol. The only good thing about Insight is I didn't have a contract so I could leave IMMEDIATELY!!
jan

Hopkinsville, KY

#18 Oct 23, 2012
I have been without internet and phone for over a two week period. I had called and ask on my cell phone for help. He got me it fixed for all of about one day. I thought maybe work on the highways was causing problems so I found if I took the battery out of the box and reset it each time I could at least get some service. I finally got tired and called to get service person out to my home the box was bad. Which not being a tech I was not sure if the construction or my router was causing this. They told me to call back and ask for my credit on the bill. They would not credit back to the orgingal occurance since I did not have some physically come to my home. They were very rude and said I should have called back. If I stay with them then the next time someone will come out as soon as I can get them too. I told her I just could not stay at home all the time and wait for them. She said well thats the best they would do is a big wooping $8 for my trouble.
Cable Plot

Bowling Green, KY

#19 Oct 23, 2012
Once Rick Wiiliams got a hold of Incite, the bills went up. That's part of his master plan to have signs of himself all over town.
A little tip

Georgetown, IN

#20 Oct 24, 2012
For those of you complaining about your bill, try this. I did it last week and it worked like a charm. Call them up, you will go through the automated portion, should be an option to cancel one or more of your services. Choose that one. After that option you will be connected to a customer service rep. He will ask you what he can do for you. Simply say you want to cancel all your services. This will ring alarms in their heads, they DO NOT WANT YOU TO CANCEL! He will ask you what the problem is? Simply say the bill is now out of my budget. I said I used to pay 80 bucks and now I pay 110 and simply can't afford it so I'm going to cancel. He will put you on hold (while he gets approval) and when he comes back I can guarantee you they will put you in the beginners rate again. I went from 106.75 back to 81.75, and they threw in a free year of showtime. Trust me, it's worth your time!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's the best divorce attorney? 4 min Ready for answers 21
Lord Corp (Mar '15) 9 min whatup 36
Samantha Christy and Oscar 17 min Iam hot your not 21
ABC Consignment closed? 48 min Small Claims 28
i need love 52 min yup 3
Jackie baucum 1 hr Lol 4
Krogers Cambell ln 2 hr fureal 31
BGH girls coach fired 20 hr BG Parent 37

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web