who is the cheapest bankruptcy lawyer...

who is the cheapest bankruptcy lawyer in BG?

Posted in the Bowling Green Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
broke

Floyds Knobs, IN

#1 Feb 10, 2013
looking for a reliable cheap bankruptcy lawyer in BG, any help?
job

Floyds Knobs, IN

#2 Feb 11, 2013
Try earning more than you spend.
brokebrother

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Feb 11, 2013
broke wrote:
looking for a reliable cheap bankruptcy lawyer in BG, any help?
Good luck filing since they changed on those rules in 2005 its hard to get done. If there is 2 in the house you can't make more than 45000.00. You can only claim kids if they are in school. Then you have to take budgeting classes if you do get to file. Good luck, they turned me down flat.
info-mation

Elyria, OH

#5 Feb 11, 2013
Go to FINANCIALRESPONSIBILITY.COM

Exercise some of THAT. People like you cause small business failure. Do the math before you spend.
Fail

Louisville, KY

#6 Feb 11, 2013
Small businesses fail because dumbasses open them and don't know how to run them.
yep

Hillview, KY

#7 Feb 11, 2013
Try James Harris. He has a new practice in town, but has been a lawyer for many years. He should be able to help you.
hero

Canton, OH

#8 Feb 12, 2013
Roger Bryant was the cheapest I could find. And yes, you have to take 2 classes; 1 before filing and 1 after. You can do them online. Pretty much talks about how to spend money better, and save better. Not everyone has rich mommy and daddy paying their bills for them, so I understand financial hardships. It's almost impossible to make it in your own and not accrue debt along the way.. Unless, like I mentioned, you have mommy and daddy paying your bills.
Well now

Louisville, KY

#9 Feb 12, 2013
hero wrote:
Roger Bryant was the cheapest I could find. And yes, you have to take 2 classes; 1 before filing and 1 after. You can do them online. Pretty much talks about how to spend money better, and save better. Not everyone has rich mommy and daddy paying their bills for them, so I understand financial hardships. It's almost impossible to make it in your own and not accrue debt along the way.. Unless, like I mentioned, you have mommy and daddy paying your bills.
Accruing debt is one thing. Accruing so much debt that you stiff the people you owe is something else entirely.
agree

United States

#11 Feb 12, 2013
Well now wrote:
<quoted text>
Accruing debt is one thing. Accruing so much debt that you stiff the people you owe is something else entirely.
I completely agree with you. The way I was raised, if you "buy something" and dont pay for it, it is called stealing. I always wondered why everyone else doesn't understand that. I mean there are tons of people who've filed bankruptcy who aren't bothered by that, yet they wouldn't dream of stealing! Here's one great example:

I know someone who planned to file bankruptcy in 2004. She had several credit cards she was going to file on. She also wanted to take a vacation, so she went on a cruse and charged it to one card that she filed bankruptcy on a month later, and all along she planned it that way! Yet, she couldn't grasp that this was stealing, plain and simple!

I am not saying that others did things like that intentionally, like she did. I am sure that most are probobly honest people who got in over their heads, and could find no other way out. BUT....they still got something they didnt pay for, and even if it takes the rest of their lives, they shouldnt buy any other non necessity until those past debts are paid, even if they did already file on them. I just think it is unethical and immoral otherwise. Just my humble opionion.

Thoughts?
Atty

United States

#12 Feb 12, 2013
Dont know if she's the cheapest, but my friend used Flora Templeton Stuart, a few years ago and she charged her $600 then.(It always amazes me how ppl cant afford to pay their bills, yet they can somehow come up with that kind of money for an atty!)
know

Tucker, GA

#14 Mar 5, 2013
Tom chimera. 1,000 even. And it's not difficult with new laws.

Since: Jul 10

Hell

#15 Mar 5, 2013
hero wrote:
Debthelper.com is the easiest and they may be able to waive the charge if you're on SSI or Disability.

bankruptcy laws in KY (for anyone who's interested)
http://www.kentuckybankruptcy.info/process.ht...
chuck

Louisville, KY

#18 Apr 23, 2014
hero wrote:
how long ago did u use roger bryant did he do good job
Mine

Rochester, KY

#19 Apr 24, 2014
Chimera & Donnelly did mine.
trell

Charlestown, IN

#20 Apr 25, 2014
Chimera & Donnelly...Worth every $$$$
Also, look at filing Chapter 13 instead of Chapter 11
juli999

Hixson, TN

#21 Sep 19, 2014
agree wrote:
<quoted text>
I completely agree with you. The way I was raised, if you "buy something" and dont pay for it, it is called stealing. I always wondered why everyone else doesn't understand that. I mean there are tons of people who've filed bankruptcy who aren't bothered by that, yet they wouldn't dream of stealing! Here's one great example:
I know someone who planned to file bankruptcy in 2004. She had several credit cards she was going to file on. She also wanted to take a vacation, so she went on a cruse and charged it to one card that she filed bankruptcy on a month later, and all along she planned it that way! Yet, she couldn't grasp that this was stealing, plain and simple!
I am not saying that others did things like that intentionally, like she did. I am sure that most are probobly honest people who got in over their heads, and could find no other way out. BUT....they still got something they didnt pay for, and even if it takes the rest of their lives, they shouldnt buy any other non necessity until those past debts are paid, even if they did already file on them. I just think it is unethical and immoral otherwise. Just my humble opionion.
Thoughts?
I don't find bankruptcy as unethical or immoral. The system is set up to trap people like slaves into paying debt forever on high interest credit cards and out of this world prices for medical bills. You can keep your BS credit card slave system who loves to hook suckers when they are young and dumb. I'm all for giving people a clean break from bills they can't afford to pay. Most people only file because they either lost their job or ran into a health problems.
bankruptcy user

La Grange, KY

#22 Sep 20, 2014
juli999 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't find bankruptcy as unethical or immoral. The system is set up to trap people like slaves into paying debt forever on high interest credit cards and out of this world prices for medical bills. You can keep your BS credit card slave system who loves to hook suckers when they are young and dumb. I'm all for giving people a clean break from bills they can't afford to pay. Most people only file because they either lost their job or ran into a health problems.
i had to file in 2012, due to a heartattack, i didnt have any other debt other then my house and car payment. i was off work over four months, trying to live off short term dis, my medical bills from med center where off the charts, my ins pays 80% and i pay 20% the day they wheeled me out my part after ins. was $48,927. this was for four days in there.that is a damn ripoff, i know it doesnt cost that much for someone to lay in a bed.if you have ins. they break it off in your a$$ long story short i had to file for bankruptcy or lose my home to them.
im a momma too

United States

#23 Sep 20, 2014
bankruptcy user wrote:
<quoted text>
i had to file in 2012, due to a heartattack, i didnt have any other debt other then my house and car payment. i was off work over four months, trying to live off short term dis, my medical bills from med center where off the charts, my ins pays 80% and i pay 20% the day they wheeled me out my part after ins. was $48,927. this was for four days in there.that is a damn ripoff, i know it doesnt cost that much for someone to lay in a bed.if you have ins. they break it off in your a$$ long story short i had to file for bankruptcy or lose my home to them.
The sad part.....if you'd been unemployed you wouldn't have had to pay a dime of medical bills. I work my a$$ off for years. Thinking i needed a job for good insurance for me and my kids. Sounds like the right thing to do right? Pay deductibles every week for insurance. Then you got to pay copays when you do get sick and have to use it. Then 10%-20% or more which adds up if sometging drastic happens like in your case. Then they some how want you to pull money out of your butt while being sick and out of work.
I quit my job and now i dont pay squat for insurance or medical bills for me or my children. We go to the doctor, its free. Precriptions are free. And they wonder why people dont want to work. You work your ass off to go broke but sit at home and not work and they pay for everything.
calebhart54

Mahé, Seychelles

#26 Mar 3, 2015
There are a lot of attorneys out there that can handle bankruptcy cases. You don't just want any old lawyer though. See if you can ask around and go by word of mouth from your family and friends. That gives you unbiased information for sure. http://www.michaeladleresq.com/Real_Estate_At...
SFAS

Dry Ridge, KY

#29 Nov 27, 2015
Sometimes filing for bankruptcy has nothing to do with spending too much. Some of you are so obtuse in your thinking. Unexpected medical costs, a divorce, a frivolous lawsuits, sudden unemployment, a major home repair, etc can all make filing for bankruptcy the only viable option. Hey, presidential candidate Donald Trump and many other ultra wealth Americans have filed for bankruptcy. Not everyone is abusing the system.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the Hassidic Judeo-Baptist Control of EVERYTHING!! 3 min Goy Toys 4
Shawn Wilkerson and Kristy Basham 1 hr Watching 1
krusty hancock 1 hr Sad 7
Amanda Davis 1 hr Sickened 3
atv mechanic Josh? 2 hr countrygurl100 1
Jessica Miller and Chris Geralds 2 hr Pap smear 2
$1.5 Trillion in sent for British bank Bailouts 2 hr Queens Ring 1
Corruption at Hilvue Heights Church 2 hr Influence peddling 27

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web