Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

idk wrote:
So what do I do now? I can't leave this guy. He's my world. But I put god in front of everyone. It's just so hard if I had to let him go. I know I'm not pregnant right now but your right, it's possible even with protection to get pregnant. But this guy IS special. I mean he stuck around for two whole years without having sex. I truly do feel like me an him belong together.
If he waited 2 years already and truly loves you, he will be willing to wait some more. I know it's hard. But if you really love him and he really loves you then that means being able to talk about every single thing with him. Are you afraid to talk to him about this? Are you afraid to tell him you want to wait? Are you afraid to tell him about your promise to God? Will he try to talk you out of it? If you answer yes to any of those then you're really not as close as you think you are. I'm sorry sweetie, but you're young. Too young to really be able to even comprehend all of the ramifications involved. Don't do it. Wait wait wait. If you are having sex already, it is just a matter of time before you get pregnant. That's a fact. What would you do? If you are not ready to handle the responsibilities that come with the act, you don't need to be doing it. You're not old enough to be making babies honey. Don't be a statistic. You got to try it, you got lucky so far. Don't push it. Wait.
idk

Alliance, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Your right. I wanna thank you for giving me this advice. It helped extremely.
idk

Alliance, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

I talked to him about it and he understands. He keeps asking if we're breaking up. I promised god I would never have sex with him again. That was out of fear of being pregnant. We can't be together and NEVER have sex. Im gonna have to end it.
not a rocket scientist

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

idk wrote:
Your right. I wanna thank you for giving me this advice. It helped extremely.
You're welcome.

:)
Holy Bible

Horse Cave, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

John wrote:
Grace, how many Christians are there worldwide? Then tell me about what is going to happen to the Hindus, Buddhists, etc., who make up over 75% of the world's population? I might add Grace, if you were born in Saudi Arabia, you would be praying facing Mecca five times a day just like them. It is hard to believe that many people are not going to make it, plus most of the ones who say they are saved, starting with about two-thirds of the preachers. Did the NT do away with the OT? Jesus said the law still stood, so I guess we can still stone children who disobey their parents and put the adulterers to death. At least you did not cherry pick as bad as one of the earlier posters.
Christ has made peace between Jews and Gentiles,and he has united us by breaking down the wall of hated that seperated us.Christ gave his own body (15) to destroy the law of Moses with all its rules and commands. AMEN (Ephesians 2:14-15)
Holy Bible

Horse Cave, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

idk wrote:
I talked to him about it and he understands. He keeps asking if we're breaking up. I promised god I would never have sex with him again. That was out of fear of being pregnant. We can't be together and NEVER have sex. Im gonna have to end it.
(God in Heaven is always Capital letter)Pray to God, you can do all things through Christ who strenghtens you. May God bless you
ex-christian

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

To all of you who claim God "talks" to you (even if your definition of "talks" is nothing more than Christian rhetoric which on it's face amounts to excuse-making that no REAL talking is going on).....anyway, I digress.....to those that claim he talks to them....you are deluding yourself and deep, deep inside of you, you know it. That's the small voice you're NOT listening to. The one that is honest, the one that uses reason and logic. But you are scared. And you like the delusion. Who didn't love believing in Santa? Hell, I wish I still did. You want God to talk to you SO bad, you often pray, perhaps even beg that he will. But he doesn't (and he never will). But you want it so bad that you delude yourselves into believing he did. But all of the things you describe as his voice are nothing different than any other human has whether buddhist, atheist, hindu, agnostic, etc. It's your mind regurgitating what you've learned. In the Christian, this is the Bible. A book. A book that you prove is the Word of God because it says it is. Really???? I can tell you where each book came from, how it ended up in the Bible as you know it, who wrote it, to whom they wrote it and in what culture and time. I can also trace the translations and point to the political climates in which the translators worked. I have studied the original languages. Have you done any of this from an unbiased point of view? NO. Or you couldn't possibly still believe as you do. You basically worship a book. Everything you know or presume to know is based on the Bible. A book. A book about which you know little to nothing from an unbiased historical point of view. You say you see God in nature...really...which god? Pagans see gods in nature too. So did Native Americans, so do Islam, etc. Yet you are so arrogant. You look down your nose at people like Freethinker when you can't even imagine how ignorant you look to those who have actually done a thoughtful and honest study and search. I bet 90% of you couldn't even tell me Jesus's name. Jesus is actually Yeshua. Jesus comes from Greek translation of Hebrew name Yeshua. Some would argue that this greek word has its roots in Zeus. but i digress again....while I'm on it though, do you realize that even your holidays Easter and Christmas are Pagan in origin. It only takes about 5 minutes of honest research to confirm that yes, I am correct. Have you ever questioned enough to take that 5 minutes? No. But yet, you look down your nose and wonder how someone like me could be so foolish. I was a christian for 25 years. I used to think the same exactly as you do. If you had asked me then does God speak, I would have said, yes, in so many glorious ways. And I would've believed it. In retrospect, did God ever speak to me. No. Not once. Do I like the idea of a loving Christian God who watches over me and promises heaven? Yes, but liking the idea of something doesn't make it so. You will say this is where faith comes in, well, be careful where you place your faith, could be David Koresh, I'll put my faith in things I can prove and see some evidence for. Besides, I am much happier now, not to mention I'm a better person than I ever was before. My morality is not based on fear. Some of the most evil people I know and have known are christians. Did it ever occur to you that a wolf in sheeps clothing could be describing a hateful christian? Now all that being said, if your faith works for you, then I'm happy for you. But don't be quite so arrogant. Billions of people believe differently from you. Are your really so much luckier and/or smarter than all of them? Really? Walk quietly and contently in your faith without pushing it on others. Or if you're really courageous...do some honest, open-minded research. You might be surprised where it takes you.
idk

Alliance, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Im Muslim.
not a rocket scientist

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

ex-christian wrote:
To all of you who claim God "talks" to you ...
Yeah, not even going to bother reading all that drivel. Who are you to assume none of us have done any research or have any foundation for our beliefs? I agree we have plenty of blind faith christians that haven't studied any further, but on the other hand there are tons and tons of us who have.
Arrogance? Your post is saturated with it.
bonquequebitches ss

Alliance, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

How about you read it then post a comment.
Moman7

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

John wrote:
<quoted text>
Did not God tell Abraham that?
He was not going to allow him to kill his child it was a test of his faith and he passed
Really

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

not a rocket scientist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, not even going to bother reading all that drivel. Who are you to assume none of us have done any research or have any foundation for our beliefs? I agree we have plenty of blind faith christians that haven't studied any further, but on the other hand there are tons and tons of us who have.
Arrogance? Your post is saturated with it.
If you didn't read it, how would you know what he wrote?
Riki

Lafayette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

ex-christian wrote:
To all of you who claim God "talks" to you (even if your definition of "talks" is nothing more than Christian rhetoric which on it's face amounts to excuse-making that no REAL talking is going on).....anyway, I digress.....to those that claim he talks to them....you are deluding yourself and deep, deep inside of you, you know it. That's the small voice you're NOT listening to. The one that is honest, the one that uses reason and logic. But you are scared. And you like the delusion. Who didn't love believing in Santa? Hell, I wish I still did. You want God to talk to you SO bad, you often pray, perhaps even beg that he will. But he doesn't (and he never will). But you want it so bad that you delude yourselves into believing he did. But all of the things you describe as his voice are nothing different than any other human has whether buddhist, atheist, hindu, agnostic, etc. It's your mind regurgitating what you've learned. In the Christian, this is the Bible. A book. A book that you prove is the Word of God because it says it is. Really???? I can tell you where each book came from, how it ended up in the Bible as you know it, who wrote it, to whom they wrote it and in what culture and time. I can also trace the translations and point to the political climates in which the translators worked. I have studied the original languages. Have you done any of this from an unbiased point of view? NO. Or you couldn't possibly still believe as you do. You basically worship a book. Everything you know or presume to know is based on the Bible. A book. A book about which you know little to nothing from an unbiased historical point of view. You say you see God in nature...really...which god? Pagans see gods in nature too. So did Native Americans, so do Islam, etc. Yet you are so arrogant. You look down your nose at people like Freethinker when you can't even imagine how ignorant you look to those who have actually done a thoughtful and honest study and search. I bet 90% of you couldn't even tell me Jesus's name. Jesus is actually Yeshua. Jesus comes from Greek translation of Hebrew name Yeshua. Some would argue that this greek word has its roots in Zeus. but i digress again....while I'm on it though, do you realize that even your holidays Easter and Christmas are Pagan in origin. It only takes about 5 minutes of honest research to confirm that yes, I am correct. Have you ever questioned enough to take that 5 minutes? No. But yet, you look down your nose and wonder how someone like me could be so foolish. I was a christian for 25 years. I used to think the same exactly as you do. If you had asked me then does God speak, I would have said, yes, in so many glorious ways. And I .
Who are you to say that I, as a Christian am "deluding" myself? I think and believe what I want! And I (notice I said "I") KNOW that GOD IS REAL! I am not arrogant in thoughts that I push my beliefs on others. A grown adult will decide and believe as they want! My research has it that people I KNOW HAVE been MIRCACULOUSLY HEALED! And it wasn't by some saw-bones dr! If you don't like Christians, that's your problem, just don't YOU try to push YOUR views on us!
not a rocket scientist

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Really wrote:
<quoted text>
If you didn't read it, how would you know what he wrote?
I read enough...
FreeThinker

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

ex-christian wrote:
To all of you who claim God "talks" to you (even if your definition of "talks" is nothing more than Christian rhetoric which on it's face amounts to excuse-making that no REAL talking is going on).....anyway, I digress.....to those that claim he talks to them....you are deluding yourself and deep, deep inside of you, you know it. That's the small voice you're NOT listening to. The one that is honest, the one that uses reason and logic. But you are scared. And you like the delusion. Who didn't love believing in Santa? Hell, I wish I still did. You want God to talk to you SO bad, you often pray, perhaps even beg that he will. But he doesn't (and he never will). But you want it so bad that you delude yourselves into believing he
did. But all of the things you describe as his voice are nothing different than any other human has whether buddhist, atheist, hindu, agnostic, etc. It's your mind regurgitating what you've learned. In the Christian, this is the Bible. A book. A book that you prove is the Word of God because it says it is. Really???? I can tell yo
where each book came from, how it ended up
the Bible as you know it, who wrote it, to whom they wrote it and in what culture and time. I can also trace the translations and point to the political climates in which the translators worked. I have studied the original languages. Have you done any of this from an unbiased point of view? NO. Or you couldn't possibly still believe as you do. You basically worship a book. Everything you
know or presume to know is based on the Bible. A book. A book about which you know little to nothing from an unbiased historical point of view. You say you see God in nature...really...which god? Pagans see gods in nature too. So did Native Americans, so do Islam, etc. Yet you are so arrogant. You look down your nose at people like Freethinker when you can't even imagine how ignorant you look to those who have actually
done a thoughtful and honest study and search. I bet 90% of you couldn't even tell me Jesus's name. Jesus is actually Yeshua. Jesus comes from Greek translation of Hebrew name Yeshua. Some would argue that this greek word has its roots in Zeus. but i digress again....while I'm on it though, do you realize that even your holidays Easter and Christmas are Pagan in origin. It only takes about 5 minutes of honest research to confirm that yes, I am correct. Have you ever
questioned enough to take that 5 minutes? No. But yet, you look down your nose and wonder how someone like me could be so foolish. I was a christian for 25 years. I used to think the same exactly as you do. If you had asked me then does God speak, I would have said, yes, in so many glorious ways. And I would've believed it. In retrospect, did God ever speak to me. No.
Not once. Do I like the idea of a loving Christian God who watches over me and promises heaven? Yes, but liking the idea of something doesn't make it so. You will say this is where faith comes in, well, be careful where you place your faith, could be David Koresh, I'll put my faith in things I can prove and see some evidence for. Besides, I am much happier now, not to mention I'm a better person than I ever was before. My
morality is not based on fear. Some of the most evil people I know and have known are christians. Did it ever occur to you that a wolf in sheeps clothing could be describing a hateful christian? Now all that being said, if your faith works for you, then I'm happy for you. But don't be quite so arrogant. Billions of people believe differently from you. Are your really so much luckier and/or smarter than all of them? Really? Walk quietly and contently in your faith without pushing it on others. Or if you're really courageous...do some honest, open-minded research. You might be surprised where it takes you.
Very well said! Thank you!!
FreeThinker

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

ex-christian wrote:
To all of you who claim God "talks" to you (even if your definition of "talks" is nothing more than Christian rhetoric which on it's face amounts to excuse-making that no REAL talking is going on).....anyway, I digress.....to those that claim he talks to them....you are deluding yourself and deep, deep inside of you, you know it. That's the small voice you're NOT listening to. The one that is honest, the one that uses reason and logic. But you a

scared. And you like the delusion. Who didn'tlove believing in Santa? Hell, I wish I still did. You want God to talk to you SO bad, you often pray, perhaps even beg that he will. But he doesn't (and he never will). But you want it so bad that you delude yourselves into believing he did. But all of the things you describe as his voice are nothing different than any other human
has whether buddhist, atheist, hindu, agnostic, etc. It's your mind regurgitating what you've learned. In the Christian, this is the Bible. A book. A book that you prove is the Word of God because it says it is. Really???? I can tell you where each book came from, how it ended up in the Bible as you know it, who wrote it, to whom they wrote it and in what culture and time. I can also trace the translations and point to the political climates in which the translators worked.
I have studied the original languages. Have you done any of this from an unbiased point of view? NO. Or you couldn't possibly still believe as you do. You basically worship a book. Everything you know or presume to know is based on the Bible. A book. A book about which you know little to nothing from an unbiased historical point of view. You say you see God in nature...really...which god? Pagans see gods in nature too. So did Native Americans, so do Islam, etc. Yet you are so arrogant. You look down your nose at people like Freethinker when you can't even imagine how ignorant you look to those who have actually done a thoughtful and honest study and search. I bet 90% of you couldn't even tell me Jesus's name. Jesus is actually Yeshua. Jesus comes from Greek translation of Hebrew name Yeshua. Some would argue that this greek word has its roots in Zeus. but i digress again....while I'm on
it though, do you realize that even your holidays Easter and Christmas are Pagan in origin. It only takes about 5 minutes of honest research to confirm that yes, I am correct. Have you ever questioned enough to take that 5 minutes? No. But yet, you look down your nose and wonder how someone like me could be so foolish. I was a christian for 25 years. I used to think the same exactly as you do. If you had asked me then does God speak, I would have said, yes, in so
many glorious ways. And I would've believed it. In retrospect, did God ever speak to me. No. Not once. Do I like the idea of a loving Christian God who watches over me and promises heaven? Yes, but liking the idea of something doesn't make it so. You will say this is where faith comes in, well, be careful where you place your faith, could be David Koresh, I'll put my faith in things I can prove and see some evidence for.
Besides, I am much happier now, not to mention I'm a better person than I ever was before. My morality is not based on fear. Some of the most evil people I know and have known are christians. Did it ever occur to you that a wolf in sheeps clothing could be describing a hateful christian? Now all that being said, if your faith works for you, then I'm happy for you. But don't be quite so arrogant. Billions of people believe differently from you. Are your really so much
luckier and/or smarter than all of them? Really? Walk quietly and contently in your faith without pushing it on others. Or if you're really courageous...do some honest, open-minded research. You might be surprised where it takes you.
This is truly a great post, and well written! Finally, someone who gets it. Thank you!
Holy Bible

Horse Cave, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

ex-christian wrote:
To all of you who claim God "talks" to you (even if your definition of "talks" is nothing more than Christian rhetoric which on it's face amounts to excuse-making that no REAL talking is going on).....anyway, I digress.....to those that claim he talks to them....you are deluding yourself and deep, deep inside of you, you know it. That's the small voice you're NOT listening to. The one that is honest, the one that uses reason and logic. But you are scared. And you like the delusion. Who didn't love believing in Santa? Hell, I wish I still did. You want God to talk to you SO bad, you often pray, perhaps even beg that he will. But he doesn't (and he never will). But you want it so bad that you delude yourselves into believing he did. But all of the things you describe as his voice are nothing different than any other human has whether buddhist, atheist, hindu, agnostic, etc. It's your mind regurgitating what you've learned. In the Christian, this is the Bible. A book. A book that you prove is the Word of God because it says it is. Really???? I can tell you where each book came from, how it ended up in the Bible as you know it, who wrote it, to whom they wrote it and in what culture and time. I can also trace the translations and point to the political climates in which the translators worked. I have studied the original languages. Have you done any of this from an unbiased point of view? NO. Or you couldn't possibly still believe as you do. You basically worship a book. Everything you know or presume to know is based on the Bible. A book. A book about which you know little to nothing from an unbiased historical point of view. You say you see God in nature...really...which god? Pagans see gods in nature too. So did Native Americans, so do Islam, etc. Yet you are so arrogant. You look down your nose at people like Freethinker when you can't even imagine how ignorant you look to those who have actually done a thoughtful and honest study and search. I bet 90% of you couldn't even tell me Jesus's name. Jesus is actually Yeshua. Jesus comes from Greek translation of Hebrew name Yeshua. Some would argue that this greek word has its roots in Zeus. but i digress again....while I'm on it though, do you realize that even your holidays Easter and Christmas are Pagan in origin. It only takes about 5 minutes of honest research to confirm that yes, I am correct. Have you ever questioned enough to take that 5 minutes? No. But yet, you look down your nose and wonder how someone like me could be so foolish. I was a christian for 25 years. I used to think the same exactly as you do. If you had asked me then does God speak, I would have said, yes, in so many glorious ways. And I would've believed it. In retrospect, did God ever speak to me. No. Not once. Do I like the idea of a loving Christian God who watches over me and promises heaven? Yes, but liking the idea of something doesn't make it so. You will say this is where faith comes in, well, be careful where you place your faith, could be David Koresh, I'll put my faith in things I can prove and see some evidence for. Besides, I am much happier now, not to mention I'm a better person than I ever was before. My morality is not based on fear. Some of the most evil people I know and have known are christians. Did it ever occur to you that a wolf in sheeps clothing could be describing a hateful christian? Now all that being said, if your faith works for you, then I'm happy for you. But don't be quite so arrogant. Billions of people believe differently from you. Are your really so much luckier and/or smarter than all of them? Really? Walk quietly and contently in your faith without pushing it on others. Or if you're really courageous...do some honest, open-minded research. You might be surprised where it takes you.
The Bible is Gods love letter to all who BELIEVE,REPENT,BAPTIZED, WHIH MEANS BURIED WITH HIM AND DIED TO SIN,AND RAISED TO WALK IN NEWNESS OF LIFE
ex-christian

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

FreeThinker wrote:
<quoted text>
This is truly a great post, and well written! Finally, someone who gets it. Thank you!
I appreciate it. I've enjoyed reading your posts in this and the other threads. It's rare around here to find anyone bold enough to step outside the box and think for themselves. Even more rare for a person to speak up who believes differently than the masses.
ex-christian

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Holy Bible wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible is Gods love letter to all who BELIEVE,REPENT,BAPTIZED, WHIH MEANS BURIED WITH HIM AND DIED TO SIN,AND RAISED TO WALK IN NEWNESS OF LIFE
Hmmm...a love letter where it rains frogs.....but anyway, a few questions:

Sounds like you attend a Church of Christ, correct?

Did God write the Bible?

In your opinion, is everyone who is NOT baptized going to hell?
Holy Bible

Horse Cave, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

ex-christian wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate it. I've enjoyed reading your posts in this and the other threads. It's rare around here to find anyone bold enough to step outside the box and think for themselves. Even more rare for a person to speak up who believes differently than the masses.
Ex-Christians don't go to Heaven,I pray you change your mind before its to late. With Love a Blessed Christian

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Bowling Green Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Anybody still remember the ALIBI down on kentuc... 13 min well known establ... 2
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 14 min UidiotRaceMakeWor... 150,268
steve long his girlfriend becky crane standing... 16 min well known establ... 2
Song Title Game (Feb '12) 27 min Brainsneeze 1,720
Models Needed! 35 min lsx members group 4
Couple for a female 39 min Jonnnyappleseed 20
bghs football 54 min well known establ... 17
married women 4 hr yankee doodle 19
purge in bowling Green 5 hr all I hear is 39
Jessie Marie TWILIGHT crooks (Jan '10) 12 hr GHS 131

Search the Bowling Green Forum:
•••
•••
•••