Comments
21 - 40 of 76 Comments Last updated Oct 9, 2012
not a rocket scientist

Bowling Green, KY

#21 Oct 2, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Heck of a test.
Yes. My point simply being, be careful what you trust to be God's voice or message. Anything from God will line up with His Word.

If it doesn't, it wasn't.
not a rocket scientist

Bowling Green, KY

#22 Oct 2, 2012
John wrote:
When the earth was flooded, were there any babies and children killed? Throughout the OT, there are many instances of wholesale slaughter of children at the command of Jehovah. Did they pay for the sins of their parents?
Of course there were babies and children killed in the flood. God will take you when He decides. We were talking about parents killing their children.
KBB

Canton, OH

#23 Oct 2, 2012
not a rocket scientist wrote:
<quoted text>
???
"Then he [Elisha] went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up the road, some youths came from the city and mocked him, and said to him,“Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!” So he turned around and looked at them, and pronounced a curse on them in the name of the Lord. And two female bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths." -KJV

I think it's funny that I know more from your playbook than you do. I guess you're one of those that cherry-picks the warm fuzzy verses, and leaves the bad ones behind.
KBB

Canton, OH

#24 Oct 2, 2012
not a rocket scientist wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course there were babies and children killed in the flood. God will take you when He decides. We were talking about parents killing their children.
Funny, most Christians think they are God's children...
John

United States

#25 Oct 2, 2012
You mean it is OK for Jehovah to order his people to kill other people's children!!!
ended

Morgantown, KY

#26 Oct 2, 2012
I think he has talked alot to me lately, It has just fell on deaf ears. I have been trying so hard to live for others, and have forgot who really mattered. We reap what we sow and I have been sowing others seeds instead of my own. I cant get anything to grow for others so I am now done trying. If it is not there it is not. I just pray God does keep talking to me , and his words, I hear through my heart and not my wants.
Riki

Lafayette, TN

#27 Oct 2, 2012
...It's too late to tell me that God isn't real.
ended

Morgantown, KY

#28 Oct 2, 2012
too late for me as well , he is real, and the pain that we as humans can cause for others and for ourself's is all to real also.
not a rocket scientist

Bowling Green, KY

#29 Oct 2, 2012
KBB wrote:
<quoted text>
"Then he [Elisha] went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up the road, some youths came from the city and mocked him, and said to him,“Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!” So he turned around and looked at them, and pronounced a curse on them in the name of the Lord. And two female bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths." -KJV
I think it's funny that I know more from your playbook than you do. I guess you're one of those that cherry-picks the warm fuzzy verses, and leaves the bad ones behind.
I read it before posting the questions marks. The question marks meaning... What does that have to DO with the conversation at hand? The bears killing the kids? So what?
not a rocket scientist

Bowling Green, KY

#30 Oct 2, 2012
KBB wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, most Christians think they are God's children...
You say that as if you've contradicted me somehow?

Yes, we consider ourselves God's children. Yes there were "children" killed in the flood. Same word, slightly different meanings but I think you can figure it out.
idk

Alliance, OH

#31 Oct 2, 2012
God keeps talking to me and sending me clues. I almost got pregnant and I promised god if he made sure I didn't get pregnant I would never have sex with that guy again. Well, I ended up falling in love with the guy. And now idk what to so. Judge all you want, I'm just trying to ask what to do. I'm 15 btw. And I know there's going to be judgement but I just need someone to help with this decision. Is love an excuse for breaking a promise to god?
jezebel

Morgantown, KY

#32 Oct 2, 2012
oh dear you are way to young to be in love or be making promises. i feel for you as i know from my name , what love can do to you, live young one many man will come and go , but the true one will stay, not for sex but because he loves you
idk

Alliance, OH

#33 Oct 2, 2012
I've been with him for two years. I had sex with him for the first time in august. I'm positive I love him. And I know he is here for my love not sex. I was in the moment of fear when the condom broke. I was stupid to promise god something I know would be hard to keep. I dont know what to do.
Holy Bible

Horse Cave, KY

#34 Oct 3, 2012
Curious wrote:
If he does exist, why doesn't he talk to all of us?
Repent & be Baptized in the name of Jesus Christ & you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit, & the Holy Bible will talk to you. God Bless
not a rocket scientist

Bowling Green, KY

#35 Oct 3, 2012
idk wrote:
God keeps talking to me and sending me clues. I almost got pregnant and I promised god if he made sure I didn't get pregnant I would never have sex with that guy again. Well, I ended up falling in love with the guy. And now idk what to so. Judge all you want, I'm just trying to ask what to do. I'm 15 btw. And I know there's going to be judgement but I just need someone to help with this decision. Is love an excuse for breaking a promise to god?
15 is far too young to be having sex. What would you do if you got pregnant? Every single time you have sex you could get pregnant no matter what kind of protection you use. What would you do if you got a disease? The earlier you start having sex the more you are putting yourself at risk to be a statistic. Making the right decision is very difficult. But waiting is the right thing to do now. Save it for someone special sweetie. And I know, I know, you're thinking, but this guys IS special. Maybe he is. But how many people do you know are still with the same person they were dating at 15? Not many. That means that's just going to be one more person... do you want to be one of those girls who has slept with 20, 30 people? I heard of someone recently that had slept with over 70 people. How sickening is that? And she is a nice girl, but that is just gross. Save it sweetie. Save it, wait.
Grace

Mcalpin, FL

#36 Oct 3, 2012
O.T is under the law. N.T is under grace. For the wages of sin is death. O.T law was almost impossible to live by,that's the reason for all the sacrifices back then so God put an ending to all the sacrifices and gave the ultimate sacrifice which is Jesus(grace) We will always fall short but Jesus fills in where we fall short. The Holy Ghost intercedes for us. We have a team working on our behalf. God punished people then and now for disobedience. The story of Elisha and the kids teasing him is this,Elisha was a prophet and the Bible says touch not my annointed and do my prophets no harm. When you ridicule a man of God it was like ridiculing God Himself. Prophets are God's mouthpiece but these days God is having mercy on the foolish people but His mercy may run out so people need to get right before it's too late.Man accepted sin into this world,don't blame God cause you choose to sin and the Bible clearly says for the wages of sin is death. Death is the consequences. Disobedience causes poor health,poverty,death,depressio n ect.A person can be obedient and poor but God blesses them with a sound mind and meets their needs. It's so much I can talk about but it would take a long time. This world is the way it is because of choices. God gave us a choice. It's your fault if you chose the wrong but God gave us away out. JESUS. If you're reading this,it's not too late to repent
John

United States

#37 Oct 3, 2012
Grace, how many Christians are there worldwide? Then tell me about what is going to happen to the Hindus, Buddhists, etc., who make up over 75% of the world's population? I might add Grace, if you were born in Saudi Arabia, you would be praying facing Mecca five times a day just like them. It is hard to believe that many people are not going to make it, plus most of the ones who say they are saved, starting with about two-thirds of the preachers. Did the NT do away with the OT? Jesus said the law still stood, so I guess we can still stone children who disobey their parents and put the adulterers to death. At least you did not cherry pick as bad as one of the earlier posters.
idk

Alliance, OH

#38 Oct 3, 2012
So what do I do now? I can't leave this guy. He's my world. But I put god in front of everyone. It's just so hard if I had to let him go. I know I'm not pregnant right now but your right, it's possible even with protection to get pregnant. But this guy IS special. I mean he stuck around for two whole years without having sex. I truly do feel like me an him belong together.
John

United States

#39 Oct 3, 2012
Are you waiting on an answer from God, or maybe Grace? Grace might be quicker.
jimmy hendrix

United States

#40 Oct 3, 2012
He speaks to us in our dreams and our thoughts even our conscience. You first gave TI believe in him then sit I. A quiet room. You'll hearthe voice of God

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Bowling Green Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Jay 151,373
Family man 1 hr Tell me about it 5
Top Hat Cabaret new Gentleman's Club 1 hr Let me know 121
Bored 2 hr Thinkin about it 7
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 2 hr Democrat 1,782
women that act like men at BAC 3 hr ha 2
women like men at BAC 3 hr uglies 1
David garvin Sat OMG 8
•••