teleservices direct
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1 Jan 5, 2009
Can anyone tell me what exactly they do there and why the turnover is so great? How often they pay and what the pay is per hour. Thanks.

Bowling Green, KY

#2 Jan 5, 2009
The name of The company speaks for its self.
I would guess the pay is less than $9 per hour.
happy

Canton, OH

#3 Jan 5, 2009
They are an outsourcer for DTV and from my understanding the pay is $9 an hr. but if you work less then 40 hrs. then your pay goes down. I have also heard that if you go into work and there are no seats then you are sent home without pay.
your mom

AOL

#4 Jan 5, 2009
The pay varies from $6-$9 per hour depending on how many hours you work that week.

Pay every week.
stop calling me

White House, TN

#5 Jan 5, 2009
Are those the clowns who keep calling me to sell me on Direct TV. I've already had it for 4 years you would think they know.
your mom

AOL

#6 Jan 6, 2009
They don't call Ky. They offer upgraded DTV packages.
lol

Palmyra, IN

#7 Jan 6, 2009
was there a guy named Jack that used to work there that is now the center director for afni? i heard he was a drunk and very mean

Bowling Green, KY

#8 Jan 6, 2009
lol wrote:
was there a guy named Jack that used to work there that is now the center director for afni? i heard he was a drunk and very mean
You'd be mean too if you spilled your Grey Goose on your desk.
wmm

Alliance, OH

#9 Jan 6, 2009
that place blows you don't get to work that much and the pay sucks
wmm

Alliance, OH

#10 Jan 6, 2009
oh and training is not paid
your mom

AOL

#11 Jan 6, 2009
i was paid for my training. every class was and it's been less than a year since i was there.
employee

Bowling Green, KY

#12 Feb 21, 2009
well i just started there last week and the pay is horrible i had great references and they started me out at 6.55 and thas for full time
Mikie

Alliance, OH

#13 Feb 22, 2009
WOW
Gregory

Alliance, OH

#14 Feb 22, 2009
Great place to work! Love it. Remember you get out of a job what you invest into it. If you think it sucks, then look in the mirror. Many do not have jobs.....
I know

Munfordville, KY

#15 Feb 23, 2009
I worked there and would not go back. I didn't get the hours that I was told I would get. The training was paid the pay starts at 6.55 and I have heard it goes up to 15.00. But I wouldn't know about the 15.00 because they never let me work enough hours. I put a lot into it but I never got what I put into it back. I wouldn't recommend working there. The turnover is so high because they don't let you work enough hours to pay your gas.
Jackie

Bowling Green, KY

#16 Mar 14, 2009
Wow, all these different rumors and few facts that most of you are talking about. So I'll tell you some of these facts about TeleServices now the pay is now 6.55 per hr it used to be more but changed and if you were hired before they changed it then you still can make up to 9.00 per hr only those people who were hired last yr around June. So pay is 6.55 got it? Okay you get paid every week and you can work all the hours you want, on your days off if there are seats available you can even volunteer to work. They do upgrades for Directv customers. You do get paid for training as long as you are there for training, you have to be there all the days of it in order to get paid for it that's any job you can't expect to get paid for work if you didn't show up, duh. Any job is what you put in to it given they're are some down sides to any job none are perfect I don't believe, but the people at TeleServices most anyway are great and will work with you on your schedule in any way they can they want people that want to work. Hope this information helped clear some rumors in the air.
phyuck yu

Chicago, IL

#17 Apr 5, 2009
not true about the training, at least not at the call center i'm at. you have to be there 90 days to get your training pay. the upsides to this job are:
1) you get to sit on your ass all day.
2) you just read a lame script off of a computer screen.
3) you get a lot of answering machines and unavailable people.
4) simply put, it's a job.
5) more mature people on day shift

unemployment is as high as it's been in about 25 years, so at least it's a job, but it just barely is.

downsides:
1)it can be very boring saying the same thing over and over. they expect you to be energetic even if it's not really in your nature and there's not really any incentive to do so besides being able to eat and having a place to sleep later. yeah i guess that might be incentive enough for some people, but i don't like the thought of just being able to survive and that's it.
2)$6.55 an hour. the only time i've worked for less is when i worked for my uncle doing crap work for his painting company for $5 an hour for my first job. really being paid under the table it would probably technically have been around $6.00 maybe.
3)you have to stay totally scripted on the campaign that i'm in. they don't trust you enough to maybe say something the way you personally would really say it. this results in you sounding totally plastic. also the scripts suck. to me most of the sentences are too long to even get out in one breath, and so you might have to breath in to keep going, which means you have to pause temporarily. according to training pauses are very bad, gives the customer a chance to hang up.
4) multiple people could be spying on you all at the same time. supervisors, quality control people at corporate, quality control people at your call center, and you are also being recorded which i don't ever recall ever being told. this makes me feel once again like they don't trust you enough to do a decent job on your own.
5) less mature people on night shift. it almost feels like going to school again, fighting over seats and whatnot
6) trashy microphone headsets, crappy taped up auto-dialing machines, and if you move your foot the wrong way under the cubicle you'll hit the faulty wiring and black out your computer, which especially sucks when you're in the middle of a call
reaper

Floyds Knobs, IN

#18 May 13, 2009
it blows i worked there it would probably be ok if you dont mind repitition on a very large scale plus you have to like to lie to people about supposed great deals that they are really not getting
curious

Perryville, AR

#19 Jul 6, 2009
reaper wrote:
it blows i worked there it would probably be ok if you dont mind repitition on a very large scale plus you have to like to lie to people about supposed great deals that they are really not getting
Can anyone tell me what the hours are? At least the latest they keep the callers there... Someone told me they stay as late as midnight.
number 1 seller

Bowling Green, KY

#20 Jul 16, 2009
Ok here u go this is in eville, i dont know where u are all.. simply put.. 6.55 hr u get commision as well hear, up to 15 dollars per sell and 5 dollars more for an activation. sell to non directv customers and set them up using a payment of course $25... its good it u can sell but it still sucks like hell. like the name says i was the number one seller in the call center, downside to this job is they pass u up on promotions, i have experience as a supervisor and have been in call centers for a couple years, lousy pay for making people agree to a contract and shit.. but if u sell it beats mcdonalds and no job... average 10 sells a week over here (hard as hell) make about 330 after taxes.. peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing you! Bad! 3 min loh0085 13
Kevin Roberts 23 min what is it 18
Kevin Wallace is better than Brohm Petrino or H... 38 min Mark 4
Jason estlack and Dakota ferrill 45 min haha 4
Warren Co Schools (Apr '15) 1 hr Wallking 230
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 2 hr johnnyboy 633
rock creek shooting 2 hr Bgbg 7

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bowling Green Mortgages