What Really Happened
Anonymous

Hopkinsville, KY

#21 Mar 20, 2013
Case will b held wednesday every1 go rally JUSTICE 4 BRANDON BRADSHAW!
bg citizen

United States

#22 Mar 20, 2013
I too have been told by someone who has several friends in bgpd that brandon had a gun in his vehicle but obviously it was not accessible to him or he would have had it handy once he pulled in... From eye witness mouths it was told tommy brown got out of his truck gun in hand like an officer would he shot brandon once on the passenger side busting the window then he went to the driver side pulled him out and shot him twice more.. perhaps at some point brown was afraid and brown was the victim but when he chose to fire the two extra shots he became the aggressor and days later a murder...
BGInsider

Alliance, OH

#23 Mar 20, 2013
bg citizen wrote:
I too have been told by someone who has several friends in bgpd that brandon had a gun in his vehicle but obviously it was not accessible to him or he would have had it handy once he pulled in... From eye witness mouths it was told tommy brown got out of his truck gun in hand like an officer would he shot brandon once on the passenger side busting the window then he went to the driver side pulled him out and shot him twice more.. perhaps at some point brown was afraid and brown was the victim but when he chose to fire the two extra shots he became the aggressor and days later a murder...
WE ARE WAITING!!!
Nick

Tucker, GA

#24 Mar 20, 2013
Brandon is getting the shaft because he was a young guy with tattoos who just didn't have the connections, bet if it had been a doctor or lawyers kid, Tommy Brown would be held without bail.
Enough Already

Alliance, OH

#26 Mar 20, 2013
Nick wrote:
Brandon is getting the shaft because he was a young guy with tattoos who just didn't have the connections, bet if it had been a doctor or lawyers kid, Tommy Brown would be held without bail.
...what if his last name was "Paul?"
Mymy

Grove City, OH

#27 Mar 21, 2013
What happened is a sad ordeal. It is a tragedy that Brandon died. However, it seems that many have turned a blind eye to all the circumstances. It seems that road rage was clearly involved. My wish is that Tommy's side of the story could be disclosed. I also understand that there was a side of Brandon that was an aggressor. It's a sad, sad deal. I feel Tommy made the decision to do what he had to do to protect himself and his wife. Sorry for all involved. Many lives changed forever.
Yep

New Albany, IN

#28 Mar 21, 2013
Nick wrote:
Brandon is getting the shaft because he was a young guy with tattoos who just didn't have the connections, bet if it had been a doctor or lawyers kid, Tommy Brown would be held without bail.
No he wouldnt without being charged. Read a book Nick because you dont have a clue what you are shitting out of your mouth.
Smiling

Glasgow, KY

#29 Mar 21, 2013
Road rage does not ever need to include anyone getting out of a car and having a gun in their hand. That is absolutly rediculous. I do not know either man. I have only read what KSP and people on here have said. Gun, no gun, road rage, no road rage, they both had a decision to make and the best one was to drive away from each other. What are we teaching our children?
Bombardier

Bowling Green, KY

#30 Mar 21, 2013
Smiling wrote:
Road rage does not ever need to include anyone getting out of a car and having a gun in their hand. That is absolutly rediculous. I do not know either man. I have only read what KSP and people on here have said. Gun, no gun, road rage, no road rage, they both had a decision to make and the best one was to drive away from each other. What are we teaching our children?
You won't convince some people of that. They see it as all on Brown. There were decisions made that day by both men that resulted in tragedy. Tragedy for two families and the community.
cover up

Hopkinsville, KY

#31 Mar 21, 2013
This whole ordeal is going to be covered up. It already has been. It doesnt matter at all what happened prior to them pulling over. It also doesnt matter to me if brandon had a gun or not. Tommy got out of his truck which makes him the aggressor. He shoots brandon 3 times while he is still in his drivers seat, truck still in gear, and his seat belt still on. Tommy is a murderer, plain and simple. I dont know Tommy and didnt know brandon. So i am not biased I am just telling the truth. Tommy is going to get away with murder, hell he already has!!!!
Mmmmmm

Big Clifty, KY

#32 Mar 21, 2013
So what you are saying is that if you kill in self defense then you are a murderer? Tell that to some woman that had to kill her husband for beating the shit out of her and her kids. Better yet, tell that to someone that kills somebody that is breaking into their house. The whole ordeal is very sad. When I community is hurt over the lose of a friend, and hurt over the actions of another person, it is time that the community come together and help everyone. Bottom line, BOTH individuals were at some point with the sherrif's office, so they BOTH were hot heads. I don't care who was a pastor and who wasn't. Before calling someone a monster and a murderer. Look at yourselves in the mirror, and think how far you would go to protect yourself and your family. Everyone has to pass judgement on these two people. One was great and the other not so great. Well I promise you this, neither one was a saint. It is sad and upsetting as to what happened, but don't call anyone a monster till your able to whole hearted say, "I would give up instead of defending/protecting myself or my family."
Enough Already

Alliance, OH

#33 Mar 21, 2013
Mmmmmm wrote:
So what you are saying is that if you kill in self defense then you are a murderer? Tell that to some woman that had to kill her husband for beating the shit out of her and her kids. Better yet, tell that to someone that kills somebody that is breaking into their house. The whole ordeal is very sad. When I community is hurt over the lose of a friend, and hurt over the actions of another person, it is time that the community come together and help everyone. Bottom line, BOTH individuals were at some point with the sherrif's office, so they BOTH were hot heads. I don't care who was a pastor and who wasn't. Before calling someone a monster and a murderer. Look at yourselves in the mirror, and think how far you would go to protect yourself and your family. Everyone has to pass judgement on these two people. One was great and the other not so great. Well I promise you this, neither one was a saint. It is sad and upsetting as to what happened, but don't call anyone a monster till your able to whole hearted say, "I would give up instead of defending/protecting myself or my family."
The individuals, while both had faults and wrong actions, aren't equal. Tommy was clearly an aggressor when he left his vehicle with gun drawn and charged at Brandon's truck. Again, as others have said, and this rings true about the long history of Bowling Green's 'good ole boy system', Tommy would have already been charged and arrested.

The anger right now is not at Tommy and/or his actions. It is the COMPLETE silence from the KSP, Warren Co Sheriff's Dept, and Chris Cohron's office. We want facts, we deserve to know them as members of this town. All we want is the truth, after all a man did die!
cover up

Hopkinsville, KY

#34 Mar 21, 2013
the man left his truck, went to the other truck, Brandon was still wearing his seat belt, truck was still in gear, and his door was still shut. He was shot 3 times at close range. How in the HELL is that self defense? In every sense of the word.... that was murder no matter how you look at it.
TheTruth

Owensboro, KY

#35 Mar 21, 2013
Bombardier wrote:
<quoted text>
You won't convince some people of that. They see it as all on Brown. There were decisions made that day by both men that resulted in tragedy. Tragedy for two families and the community.
You're right both made bad decisions but here the problem. One lost his life by being shot 3 times.

(1)I would say the decision to get out of your truck, with gun in hand (at some point) fire 3 shots into another man kind of out weighs..

(2) road rage, bumper humping, giving the finger, shouting cuss words, or threats verbally while both were driving or following each other into a parking lot.

#2 is what I would call bad decisions that both men could have walked away from.

#1 is what I would call stupid, devastating, life changing, decisions that neither man can walk away from.

We know for a fact Brandon can't and never will but that should go for both. Maybe not never for Brown but a long long time. Guess what no matter what happens..Brown still gets the better end of the deal.

The better end while making the worse decisions
my instincts

Elizabethtown, KY

#36 Mar 21, 2013
The truth wrote:
The local law enforcement have set a president in this case, if you every have to shoot someone just yell self defense and keep a toy badge in your pocket and we should also be able to go home!!!
I couldn't have said it any better!
my instincts

Elizabethtown, KY

#37 Mar 21, 2013
Big Red wrote:
<quoted text>
Which president did they set, Lincoln? Your ignorance is showing.
I knew what he was trying to say......"precedent"
my instincts

Elizabethtown, KY

#38 Mar 21, 2013
media wrote:
What kept the national media away from this story? That is a mystery to me.
Are our local crooks that powerful?
That's a good question. I would speculate that the local crooks are that powerful.
my instincts

Elizabethtown, KY

#39 Mar 21, 2013
Why does everybody put WBKO down so much? Some of you Bowling Greenians make some of the most distasteful insults of the station.
DrBob

Alliance, OH

#40 Mar 21, 2013
my instincts wrote:
Why does everybody put WBKO down so much? Some of you Bowling Greenians make some of the most distasteful insults of the station.
Because we have Nashville for a comparison.......and it's obvious WBKO is a joke! Honestly, the only people who can actually take WBKO seriously and think they are good are the ones who have never been any where else and seen anything better!
Glenn

Canton, OH

#42 Mar 22, 2013
Mymy wrote:
What happened is a sad ordeal. It is a tragedy that Brandon died. However, it seems that many have turned a blind eye to all the circumstances. It seems that road rage was clearly involved. My wish is that Tommy's side of the story could be disclosed. I also understand that there was a side of Brandon that was an aggressor. It's a sad, sad deal. I feel Tommy made the decision to do what he had to do to protect himself and his wife. Sorry for all involved. Many lives changed forever.
Then you've clearly heard a different story than I have. When everything comes out Bradshaw will not look good but neither will Brown. Both are guilty of road rage & very bad judgment but one of them wildly pumped 3 bullets into the other who was seat-belted in his vehicle. If that's protecting yourself then God help us all. Bradshaw defenders are going to hear some things they won't like in the report. You Brown defenders; well you've got no idea. BTW Brown followed Bradshaw, knew who he was & argued with him before he killed him. Not defending Bradshaw's dumb actions but saying Brown acted in self defense is folly since he is equal or greater in the escalation of this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Church lady a.k.a. Christy willoughby is very ... 15 min Peter pan 24
disrespectful little punks 35 min johnwayne 56
i need love 45 min ehh 2
Samantha Christy and Oscar 49 min Mr Payne 13
Gary Force Employees Dangerous 2 hr linda 10
Lord Corp (Mar '15) 2 hr whatup 34
Niki Downey Hall (Nycole) 2 hr Ky man 5
BGH girls coach fired 10 hr BG Parent 37

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bowling Green Mortgages