Cockfighting Vs. raising fighting roo...

Cockfighting Vs. raising fighting roosters

Posted in the Bowling Green Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
my 2 cents

Lexington, KY

#1 Dec 23, 2011
Was driving down Vetrans Memorial today and passed a house with about 100 blue barrels and fighting roosters. I was wandering why is it illegal to fight roosters but not to raise them for that purpose???
Wendy

Bowling Green, KY

#2 Dec 23, 2011
Because animal cruelty laws in Kentucky are some of the worst in the nation. It is nearly impossible to stop people from doing this stuff because the laws are so lax. And the laws don't make sense (like in this example). On top of that, a lot of people (not all, but a strikingly sad majority) just don't care about how animals are treated. It's the "they're just animals" mentality...
I HATE PUPPY MILLS

Bethpage, TN

#3 Dec 24, 2011
ITS NOT ILLEGAL TO RAISE CHICKENS , IT IS ILLEGAL TO FIGHT CHICKENS SO UNTIL THEY ARE CAUGHT FIGHTING THEM THEY ARE DOING NOTHING AGAINST THE LAW ,SAME WITH PIT BULLS ITS NOT ILLEGAL TO OWN THEM BUT IT IS ILLEGAL TO FIGHT THEM. IF A PERSON CAN NOT RAISE THE CHICKEN OF THEIR CHOICE THAT IS GOING TO FAR - MY RIGHTS ARE JUST THAT *MY RIGHTS* IF I WANT TO RAISE A GAME ROOSTER I WILL, THEY ARE A BEAUTIFUL CHICKEN - IF I WANT PIT BULLS I WILL HAVE THEM, UNLESS A PERSON IS CAUGHT FIGHTING THEM THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO DO AS THEY PLEASE AS LONG AS THEY ARE TAKIN CARE OF -- AGAIN THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO RAISE THEM NOT FIGHT THEM - SO I SAY --- CATCH THEM IN THE ACT OF FIGHTING THEM AND THEN THE LAW WILL DO WHAT IT IS SUPPOSE TO DO ..
Don

Bowling Green, KY

#4 Dec 24, 2011
I HATE PUPPY MILLS wrote:
ITS NOT ILLEGAL TO RAISE CHICKENS , IT IS ILLEGAL TO FIGHT CHICKENS SO UNTIL THEY ARE CAUGHT FIGHTING THEM THEY ARE DOING NOTHING AGAINST THE LAW ,SAME WITH PIT BULLS ITS NOT ILLEGAL TO OWN THEM BUT IT IS ILLEGAL TO FIGHT THEM. IF A PERSON CAN NOT RAISE THE CHICKEN OF THEIR CHOICE THAT IS GOING TO FAR - MY RIGHTS ARE JUST THAT *MY RIGHTS* IF I WANT TO RAISE A GAME ROOSTER I WILL, THEY ARE A BEAUTIFUL CHICKEN - IF I WANT PIT BULLS I WILL HAVE THEM, UNLESS A PERSON IS CAUGHT FIGHTING THEM THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO DO AS THEY PLEASE AS LONG AS THEY ARE TAKIN CARE OF -- AGAIN THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO RAISE THEM NOT FIGHT THEM - SO I SAY --- CATCH THEM IN THE ACT OF FIGHTING THEM AND THEN THE LAW WILL DO WHAT IT IS SUPPOSE TO DO ..
I think you kind of missed the point... We understand it is within your rights to raise them or own them. That was the original poster's question. Why would a person want to own game roosters unless they had intentions to fight them or sell them to someone who will use them for that? Pit bulls are a little different as they can make great family pets if raised and treated right (like any dog breed). However, game roosters serve no other purpose other than gaming. So, we didn't need a review of the law or your rights. It's a discussion regarding how neither make sense.

And, by the way, turn your cap lock off. It looks like you're yelling on Topix which makes you look ridiculous...
I HATE PUPPY MILLS

Bethpage, TN

#5 Dec 24, 2011
Don wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you kind of missed the point... We understand it is within your rights to raise them or own them. That was the original poster's question. Why would a person want to own game roosters unless they had intentions to fight them or sell them to someone who will use them for that? Pit bulls are a little different as they can make great family pets if raised and treated right (like any dog breed). However, game roosters serve no other purpose other than gaming. So, we didn't need a review of the law or your rights. It's a discussion regarding how neither make sense.
And, by the way, turn your cap lock off. It looks like you're yelling on Topix which makes you look ridiculous...
WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO THINK , MAYBE I CANT SEE WELL , AND NEED BIG CAPS , NOW AS I STATED , I THINK GAME ROOSTERS ARE PRETTY AND IF I RAISE THEM IT IS BECAUSE I THINK THEY ARE PRETTY AND SO DO A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE , AND I REALLY DONT GIVE A FLYING FLIP ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK , IT IS A PERSONS RIGHT TO DO AS THEY PLEASE AS LONG AS THEY ARE NOT FIGHTING THEM - GAME ROOSTERS AND HENS ARE SOME PEOPLES CHOICE IN CHICKENS -- YOU STOP ONE YOU STOP US ALL -- ITS MY RIGHT TO OWN GAME CHICKENS IF I WANT -- YOU TAKE HIS RIGHTS AWAY YOU ALSO TAKE MINE -- ARE YOU NOT GETTING IT - SOME PEOPLE LIKE GAME CHICKENS
family member

Canton, OH

#6 Dec 24, 2011
if people in ky, or any other plce would mind theres, and leave people alone this plce would be a much better place to live, but like anything else we are to concerned about things that arent important, that we close our eyes to what is really needing our attention, like children who are being mistreated next door to you, or going hungry, why dont you take time to figure out what it is you should be doing, rather then pointing out what someone is doing that dont concern you..... get a life..... or keep your oppion to yourself...... no one is being hurt here they are raiseing something, not fighting them....
Herman Becker

Herndon, VA

#7 Dec 25, 2011
I always thought cockfighting was when 2 guys were battling over a hot piece of tail.
Loretta

Bowling Green, KY

#8 Dec 25, 2011
And some people are ignorant rednecks who sign on topix on Christmas day just to yell at everyone about their rights. No one cares about your rights. How many of them there pretty chickens you have tied to barrels out back of your trailer home?
Paul

Somerset, KY

#9 Dec 25, 2011
I know my Rights I know my rights

Right
Richard Gatt

Somerset, KY

#10 Dec 25, 2011
I have the right to stare at hot butts.. That is all
my 2 cents

Lexington, KY

#11 Dec 25, 2011
I HATE PUPPY MILLS wrote:
<quoted text> WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO THINK , MAYBE I CANT SEE WELL , AND NEED BIG CAPS , NOW AS I STATED , I THINK GAME ROOSTERS ARE PRETTY AND IF I RAISE THEM IT IS BECAUSE I THINK THEY ARE PRETTY AND SO DO A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE , AND I REALLY DONT GIVE A FLYING FLIP ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK , IT IS A PERSONS RIGHT TO DO AS THEY PLEASE AS LONG AS THEY ARE NOT FIGHTING THEM - GAME ROOSTERS AND HENS ARE SOME PEOPLES CHOICE IN CHICKENS -- YOU STOP ONE YOU STOP US ALL -- ITS MY RIGHT TO OWN GAME CHICKENS IF I WANT -- YOU TAKE HIS RIGHTS AWAY YOU ALSO TAKE MINE -- ARE YOU NOT GETTING IT - SOME PEOPLE LIKE GAME CHICKENS
Owning a few and raising them because they are Pretty are one thing but why in the world would you need 200 in your yard??? Especially next to a church and almost in the churches front yard!!
my 2 cents

Lexington, KY

#12 Dec 25, 2011
family member wrote:
if people in ky, or any other plce would mind theres, and leave people alone this plce would be a much better place to live, but like anything else we are to concerned about things that arent important, that we close our eyes to what is really needing our attention, like children who are being mistreated next door to you, or going hungry, why dont you take time to figure out what it is you should be doing, rather then pointing out what someone is doing that dont concern you..... get a life..... or keep your oppion to yourself...... no one is being hurt here they are raiseing something, not fighting them....
I just feel sorry for those people going to church and having to drive around that mess! Wander what their children think about seeing that stuff, maybe they won't go hungry if their parents grab a couple of those gaming roosters for supper on the way home from church!!!!!
my 2 cents

Lexington, KY

#13 Dec 25, 2011
Loretta wrote:
And some people are ignorant rednecks who sign on topix on Christmas day just to yell at everyone about their rights. No one cares about your rights. How many of them there pretty chickens you have tied to barrels out back of your trailer home?
Amen sister Loretta!!!! It looks sick, especially in front of a church!! If I raised an animal because I thought it looked pretty I wouldn't abuse it by chaining it to a blue barrel not to mention hundreds of blue barrels.
family

Glasgow, KY

#14 Dec 26, 2011
maybe the chickens were there before the church also maybe the man that owns the chickens owned the land where the church was at before it was there as well also where the road goes though that u drove down hmmm maybe keeping his chickens was part of the deal
I HATE PUPPY MILLS

Bethpage, TN

#15 Dec 26, 2011
my 2 cents wrote:
<quoted text>Owning a few and raising them because they are Pretty are one thing but why in the world would you need 200 in your yard??? Especially next to a church and almost in the churches front yard!!
I HAVE HAD A HUNDRED GAME CHICKENS , NEVER SOLD THEM , NEVER FIGHT THEM , JUST BECAUSE WE HAVE LOTS OF CHICKENS DONT MEAN SOME OF US FIGHT THEM - EGGS - FRIED CHICKEN BAKED CHICKEN AND ON AND ON .. I DONT BELIVE IN FIGHTING CHICKENS THATS SAD AND BEYOND MEAN .. THIS MAN IS INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY .. I AM SORRY ,I MEAN NO HARM , I DONT WANT PEOPLE WHO RAISE A LOT OF CHICKENS THAT DONT FIGHT THEM JUDGED AS A CHICKEN FIGHTER , IF THIS MAN IS FIGHTING THEM I DO HOPE HE GETS BUSTED .. ITS BEEN A LONG LONG TIME SINCE I HAVE HEARD OF A CHICKEN FIGHT BUST , THEY USED TO RAID THEM ALL THE TIME .. WONDER WHY WE DONT HEAR OF THEM BEING BUSTED NOW ?
I HATE PUPPY MILLS

Bethpage, TN

#16 Dec 26, 2011
Loretta wrote:
And some people are ignorant rednecks who sign on topix on Christmas day just to yell at everyone about their rights. No one cares about your rights. How many of them there pretty chickens you have tied to barrels out back of your trailer home?
MORON , YOU DESERVE NO RESPONSE FOR SUCH AN IDIOTIC POST BUT YOU HAVE PISSED ME OFF .. I SEE YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN ON A FARM , TALKING ABOUT TRAILERS ??, THATS WHAT PEOPLE DO TO MAKE THEMSELVES FEEL BETTER PUTTING PEOPLE HOMES DOWN -- YOU ARE A MORON -- AND CLUELESS ABOUT RAISING CHICKENS ... NO BARRELS .. A HEN HOUSE .. CHICKEN COOPS ,, MORON YOU ARE .. YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN TO THE COUNTRY FARMS HAVE YOU ? YOU ARE A WASTE ..
my 2 cents

Lexington, KY

#17 Dec 29, 2011
family wrote:
maybe the chickens were there before the church also maybe the man that owns the chickens owned the land where the church was at before it was there as well also where the road goes though that u drove down hmmm maybe keeping his chickens was part of the deal
I'll buy some from him, might be good in some Kentucky proud BBq sauce!!!!!!
my 2 cents

Lexington, KY

#18 Dec 29, 2011
I HATE PUPPY MILLS wrote:
<quoted text> I HAVE HAD A HUNDRED GAME CHICKENS , NEVER SOLD THEM , NEVER FIGHT THEM , JUST BECAUSE WE HAVE LOTS OF CHICKENS DONT MEAN SOME OF US FIGHT THEM - EGGS - FRIED CHICKEN BAKED CHICKEN AND ON AND ON .. I DONT BELIVE IN FIGHTING CHICKENS THATS SAD AND BEYOND MEAN .. THIS MAN IS INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY .. I AM SORRY ,I MEAN NO HARM , I DONT WANT PEOPLE WHO RAISE A LOT OF CHICKENS THAT DONT FIGHT THEM JUDGED AS A CHICKEN FIGHTER , IF THIS MAN IS FIGHTING THEM I DO HOPE HE GETS BUSTED .. ITS BEEN A LONG LONG TIME SINCE I HAVE HEARD OF A CHICKEN FIGHT BUST , THEY USED TO RAID THEM ALL THE TIME .. WONDER WHY WE DONT HEAR OF THEM BEING BUSTED NOW ?
What I'm talking about you Idiot are fighting roosters not hens, roosters DON"T lay eggs!!!!!!The word Chickens wasn't mentioned, its ROOSTERS!!! Lame ass!!!
my 2 cents

Lexington, KY

#19 Dec 29, 2011
I HATE PUPPY MILLS wrote:
<quoted text> MORON , YOU DESERVE NO RESPONSE FOR SUCH AN IDIOTIC POST BUT YOU HAVE PISSED ME OFF .. I SEE YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN ON A FARM , TALKING ABOUT TRAILERS ??, THATS WHAT PEOPLE DO TO MAKE THEMSELVES FEEL BETTER PUTTING PEOPLE HOMES DOWN -- YOU ARE A MORON -- AND CLUELESS ABOUT RAISING CHICKENS ... NO BARRELS .. A HEN HOUSE .. CHICKEN COOPS ,, MORON YOU ARE .. YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN TO THE COUNTRY FARMS HAVE YOU ? YOU ARE A WASTE ..
I've been to the country farms and in none of them did I ever see a ROOSTER not chicken chained to a blue barrel, especially 100 of them. And if your Trailor didn't have 3 broken down cars parked in the front yard she might not have said anything about your home!!! And quit pissing off your back proch its starting to smell!!!!!
my 2 cents

Lexington, KY

#20 Dec 29, 2011
I HATE PUPPY MILLS wrote:
ITS NOT ILLEGAL TO RAISE CHICKENS , IT IS ILLEGAL TO FIGHT CHICKENS SO UNTIL THEY ARE CAUGHT FIGHTING THEM THEY ARE DOING NOTHING AGAINST THE LAW ,SAME WITH PIT BULLS ITS NOT ILLEGAL TO OWN THEM BUT IT IS ILLEGAL TO FIGHT THEM. IF A PERSON CAN NOT RAISE THE CHICKEN OF THEIR CHOICE THAT IS GOING TO FAR - MY RIGHTS ARE JUST THAT *MY RIGHTS* IF I WANT TO RAISE A GAME ROOSTER I WILL, THEY ARE A BEAUTIFUL CHICKEN - IF I WANT PIT BULLS I WILL HAVE THEM, UNLESS A PERSON IS CAUGHT FIGHTING THEM THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO DO AS THEY PLEASE AS LONG AS THEY ARE TAKIN CARE OF -- AGAIN THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO RAISE THEM NOT FIGHT THEM - SO I SAY --- CATCH THEM IN THE ACT OF FIGHTING THEM AND THEN THE LAW WILL DO WHAT IT IS SUPPOSE TO DO ..
Roosters man ROOSTERS, I never mentioned chickens!!!!(If you want to raise a Game Rooster you will, they are a beautiful chicken) your quote I believe, roosters are boys and chickens are girls you are a moron man!!!! You don't know the difference between the sexes. Get offf the bath salts man it is now illegal!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Exes that are still in love 15 min Pathetic 3
speak english !!! 38 min translation 21
Christy willoughby 44 min Fact 1
Will there be school tomorrow? 1 hr Polar report 1
Is Christy worried? (Dec '11) 1 hr FWM 6
"wku football," needs les miles! 2 hr Mr Football 20
Jess Perkin or Taylor 2 hr Agree 19
Kevin Roberts 14 hr longtime first time 40

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bowling Green Mortgages