Hillvue Heights Church
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
methinksyoulie

Versailles, KY

#2 Nov 24, 2009
Seawolf 2704 wrote:
Looking for a church to start attending at. Any thoughts on Hillvue Heights? Seem a little big. Any suggestions for a nice church?
I am Catholic and would recommend Holy Spirit or St. Joseph's. You never gave your preference. I have family at Hillvue and I, myself, have been there and I really, really like their outreach which is taking care of the widows and orphans. I know that change automobile oil for single mothers and make cars affordable for peopl in need. Sitting in church on Sundays, though, is not the most important aspect of one's Faith and assembly, I don't think.
This City Sux

Iraq

#3 Nov 24, 2009
There are thousands of churches in Bowling Green to choose from.

If you like christian metal music while handling snakes Hillvue Heights is the cult for you.

If you are the stuckup, snotty, judge people by their house and car type person, you might try Greenwood Baptist or Living Hope.

If you like the idea of no birth control and taking guidance from an old senile man in a funny hat that lives in Rome, Holy Spirit Catholic Church is a great place to traumatize your children for life.

These are just a few suggestions about the thousands of churches/banks located every 20 feet in the wannabee city of Bowling Green.

PRAAZE THAAAA LAAAWD!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Nov 09

Detroit, MI

#4 Nov 24, 2009
This City Sux wrote:
There are thousands of churches in Bowling Green to choose from.
If you like christian metal music while handling snakes Hillvue Heights is the cult for you.
If you are the stuckup, snotty, judge people by their house and car type person, you might try Greenwood Baptist or Living Hope.
If you like the idea of no birth control and taking guidance from an old senile man in a funny hat that lives in Rome, Holy Spirit Catholic Church is a great place to traumatize your children for life.

These are just a few suggestions about the thousands of churches/banks located every 20 feet in the wannabee city of Bowling Green.
PRAAZE THAAAA LAAAWD!!!!!!!!!!
I love all your commments about Bowling Green. You have to be from the North like I am. I read your comments and could swear I wrote them. lol. Everything is so true.

Since: Aug 09

Canton, OH

#6 Nov 24, 2009
I too am from the North ( Pa ) and totally agree, I couldn't have said it better... I couldn't help but the laugh either.

Detroit, MI

#7 Nov 24, 2009
Maryland nemo.
naturalbeauty

Versailles, KY

#8 Nov 24, 2009
I guess, being from the South et al, I just can't understand why bright, salacious-sounding, transplants with wits such as you people have, do not have the inner drive to take better care of yourselves and move to environs you're more comfortable. I doubt that you would be missed all that much. I know many people from the north and I've yet to meet one who didn't think he/she was smarter than the community to which they've moved. It's something to do with ego, I guess and the fact that you really don't "shine" much or swim well when taken from your natural habitat. So where do you boring bullshitters go to church?
From the South

Elizabethtown, KY

#10 Nov 25, 2009
I happen to agree with our Northern friends. Hillview is often referred to as Six Flags over God. Enjoy...

Since: Apr 09

Bowling Green

#11 Nov 25, 2009
I LOVE my church and my fiance' who is not a church person actually enjoys it. We go to First Christian Church(Disciple of Christ) downtown on State Street.m It's the big white one across from the health dept. Give us a try!
Been There

Bowling Green, KY

#12 Nov 25, 2009
Hillview is a wonderful church! Give it a try, if you don't like it there are a lot of other good chuches in the area. I'm sure that you'll find one that's a good match for you.
naturalbeauty

Versailles, KY

#13 Nov 25, 2009
From the South wrote:
I happen to agree with our Northern friends. Hillview is often referred to as Six Flags over God. Enjoy...
I have family who go to Hillvue and they seem to love "praising the Lord" I like that concept and if they're happy, so am I. I don't think I'd be disrespectful or hippocritical enough to visit a church that I ridiculed. Ah well, Christ, too was ridiculed and jousted and called terrible names because of His message."Blessed are you when men revile you and say all manner of evil against you for my sake; yours is the Kingdom of Heaven." Mathew 5:3-10

THE EIGHT BEATITUDES OF JESUS

Jesus Christ gave us the eight Beatitudes in the Sermon on the Mount, recorded for all posterity in the Gospel of Matthew, the first Book of the New Testament of the Bible. Matthew's Gospel is directed to an audience steeped in Hebrew tradition. The Gospel of Matthew stressed that Jesus Christ is the Messiah foretold in Hebrew Scripture, our Old Testament, and that the Kingdom of the Messiah is the Kingdom of God in Heaven. Jesus offers us a way of life that promises eternity in the Kingdom of Heaven.

The teachings of Christ Jesus were simple but unique and innovative at the time of his life on earth. He began teaching about 30 AD during the ruthless Roman occupation of Palestine. At the time there were four major groups in the Jewish religion, the Pharisees, Sadducees, Essenes, and the Zealots, all of whom presented a different viewpoint to the Jewish people. The Pharisees demanded strict observance of the Mosaic law expressed in the Torah, but also accepted the oral tradition of Jewish customs and rituals. The Sadducees were mainly from the priestly families and strictly accepted the Law of Moses but rejected oral tradition. The Pharisees, unlike the Sadducees, believed in the resurrection of the dead. The monastic Essenes awaited a Messiah that would establish a Kingdom on earth and free the Israelites from oppression. The Zealots were a militant Jewish group who wanted freedom for their homeland, and were centered in Galilee; one of the Twelve Apostles was Simon the Zealot.

The Ten Commandments, given to Moses on Mount Sinai in the Old Testament Book of Exodus, relates a series of "Thou shalt nots," evils one must avoid in daily life on earth.

In contrast, the message of Jesus was one of humility, charity, and brotherly love. He taught transformation of the inner person. Jesus presents the Beatitudes in a positive sense, virtues in life which will ultimately lead to reward. Love becomes the motivation for the Christian. All of the Beatitudes have an eschatological meaning, that is, they promise us salvation - not in this world, but in the next. The Beatitudes initiate one of the main themes of Matthew's Gospel, that the Kingdom so long awaited in the Old Testament is not of this world, but of the next, the Kingdom of Heaven.

While the Beatitudes of Jesus provide a way of life that promises salvation, they also provide peace in the midst of our trials and tribulations on this earth.

One of the first contemplations on the Beatitudes came from St. Gregory of Nyssa, a mystic who lived in Cappadocia in Asia Minor around 380 AD. He described the Beatitudes this way:
"Beatitude is a possession of all things held to be good,
from which nothing is absent that a good desire may want.
Perhaps the meaning of beatitude may become clearer to us
if it is compared with its opposite.
Now the opposite of beatitude is misery.
Misery means being afflicted unwillingly with painful sufferings."

St. Augustine called the Beatitudes the ideal for every Christian life!
naturalbeauty

Versailles, KY

#17 Nov 25, 2009
nemo wrote:
Its people like u that keeps me away from churches, i believe in god but when ur to pushy and cram it down peoples throats they dont wanna go..and stop knockn on my door with ur pamplets!
Hello Nemo: I seem to have struck a nerve with you. You talked with me quite roughly. I've never been to your house and frankly, from the sounds you're making, I'm not certain I'd feel at home. As for you order to "shut the hell up"; I was merely giving my opinion as others did of a church called Hillvue Heights. You did not lambast others for calling it "Six Flags Over God" so I assume that you have something against Christianity. The Beatitudes come from a book of history and revalations of Christ's death and rising. The book is called The Holy Bible. If you've never seen this book or heard of it, but have had the misfortune to break the law and testify in Court, it's the (usually black)book on which you place your hand to swear that you're telling the truth or nothing but....Whatever has brought you to this place of rage and anger and intolerance can be given over to Christ or to your Higher Power whatever you conceive Him to be. May you be blessed at this special time of the year.
naturalbeauty

Versailles, KY

#19 Nov 25, 2009
nemo wrote:
yes im familular with the bible im not dumb and yes i love god but why do u ppl have to push it on other people so strongly? thats all im askn and im sorry i was rude i guess i dont understand it
That was a sweet apology, Nemo and I accept it. It was not my intent to push your buttons or be overzealous. I'm a Roman Catholic and evangelizing is sort of a new thing for people in our church. I believe there is so much pain and chaos in this world that I'm given comfort to know that if I play my cards right by living as a Disciple of Christ, I'll have a heavenly home(of sorts)and eternal peace. At this juncture in my life, peace of mind, peace with God and peace with my fellow travelers thru this world means everything to me. I'm longing for home, Nemo. God bless.

Evansville, IN

#20 Nov 25, 2009
To Seawolf ---- it is good that you are looking for a church in Bowling Green. I have not been in most of them so I cannot say if they are good or bad. My personal opinion is that if they are preaching (teaching) the word of God then they are fine. I don't really care what the name on the building says.
I have been to Hillvue and they have their pro's and cons like any church anywhere. Yes, they are quite large (for good reasons obviously) and that has it benefits also. I prefer a smaller church myself but have been in bigger churches than Hillvue.
I suggest that you try it and then make your own mind up. I know that a lot of people are scared of Hillvue but that is because they are scared of God so any church spreading the gospel is scary to them.
Should you be looking for a perfect church you will never find one here on earth because imperfect people attend church. That is why most of them are there, trying to follow the word of God as best they can and making mistakes as they go along. There is no perfect person here on earth.
Enjoy your journey and may God Bless You!
Jodie

Campbellsville, KY

#21 Nov 25, 2009
nemo wrote:
Shut the hell up with all that crap (natural beauty) he asked a simple question where is a good church he didnt ask for a speech or a prayer!
Amen!
Just Moi

Canton, OH

#22 Nov 25, 2009
noahsarkky wrote:
To Seawolf ---- it is good that you are looking for a church in Bowling Green. I have not been in most of them so I cannot say if they are good or bad. My personal opinion is that if they are preaching (teaching) the word of God then they are fine. I don't really care what the name on the building says.
I have been to Hillvue and they have their pro's and cons like any church anywhere. Yes, they are quite large (for good reasons obviously) and that has it benefits also. I prefer a smaller church myself but have been in bigger churches than Hillvue.
I suggest that you try it and then make your own mind up. I know that a lot of people are scared of Hillvue but that is because they are scared of God so any church spreading the gospel is scary to them.
Should you be looking for a perfect church you will never find one here on earth because imperfect people attend church. That is why most of them are there, trying to follow the word of God as best they can and making mistakes as they go along. There is no perfect person here on earth.
Enjoy your journey and may God Bless You!
Very well said and AMEN. Thank you for bringing some sense into this discussion.
trina

Bowling Green, KY

#23 Nov 25, 2009
religion = judgement
Good Place To Go

Covington, KY

#24 Nov 26, 2009
Try Crossland Community Baptist CHurch

www.crosslandtv.com

Great Place to worship, a fairly new church with great leadership.

God Bless Ya
Good Place To Go

Covington, KY

#25 Nov 26, 2009
Forgot the .

www.crossland.tv

that is it
Nancy

United States

#27 Nov 26, 2009
I have attended Hillvue several times. I have also attended almost every type of church you can think of. I like to keep an open mind. Out of the many I have been too Hillvue is one of my favorites. We try to go as often as we can. My children love it. I can actually understand what the preacher is trying to come across with. He relates in a way that doesn't bore you to death, that you can understand an relate too. I always walk away feeling ten times better than I did before I walked in. This is just my opinion on the place. And I don't know who that is above talking about snakes but I have yet to see ANYONE handle snakes or roll around an speak in tongues. I mean don't get me wrong it may happen...for I only go on Wednesdays maybe that's a Sunday sermon thing. But as for my family an myself Hillvue is the church for us.
Nancy

United States

#28 Nov 26, 2009
Oh and aside from the sermons that are awesome...the other thing we love about hillvue is the soulful music and the fact that people don't judge you. And don't tell me that people in churches don't judge...because they do. But at hillvue I felt very welcomed and people wear what is decent yet comfortable if you have piercings..who cares..if you have tattoos ok...at least your in the house of the lord saying his praise an hearing his word. No one cares they just care that your there to learn about the lord, hear his word an help spread his joy. That's really what its all about in the end anyway. Isn't it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hot cousin 14 min Carnal knowledge 2
A One World Government Run by the United Nations 40 min Old news 8
Jamie Dobbs 1 hr Daily News 2
What in the world is going on at WBKO? 1 hr FACTS 52
Kawai and bagshaw 1 hr Kristy 47
chelsea minton waitress at jboys 1 hr stop hating 9
Matt craft 2 hr youknowwho 3
Scott Kilgore - Living Hope Church (Apr '10) Mon Church Counsellor 46
More from around the web

Personal Finance