Hillcrest Credit Agency
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Hillcrest Credit Agency

Alliance, OH

#1 Feb 9, 2009
had a hospital bill turned over to Hillcrest. Set up a monthly payment, the interest that has added on is insane. the original bIll had increased by $500 after a year of making monthly payments. I stopped making payments in December and now they have turned it over to an attorney. It's my debt, I owe it and want to pay it but was just treading water. Has anyone went thru this? Any idea of what court costs and such will be. I would be fine with a judge garnishing my wages just want the interest to stop on a medical bill
BRANDON

Canton, OH

#2 Feb 9, 2009
I let mine go to the attorney and it was the best, the court costs were no where near what they were trying to steal in interest. Set up monthly payments with the judge interest free. Good Luck
Hillcrest Credit Agency

Alliance, OH

#3 Feb 9, 2009
Brandon, Thanks for your response. Any advice? I just got the letter advising it was turned over to an attorney. I called the attorney's office. The "lady" that answered the phone was extremely extremely hostile. I don't know if I am supposed to wait for a subpoena or get a lawyer or what.
no surprise

Glasgow, KY

#4 Feb 9, 2009
just don't payem nothing hard to get blood from a turnup i never answer their calls or respond to their mail. Can't garnish my wages cause i don't have a job. Sure don't see having one in the near future either.
Hillcrest Credit Agency

Alliance, OH

#5 Feb 9, 2009
lol, well that is one way to go.
understand

Alliance, OH

#6 Feb 10, 2009
well they placed a lein on my house for a 600 dollar bill i had. workmans comp and my insurance company were fighting it out for about 6 months and hillcrest placed a lein on my house. now wasnt that sweet? i paid the bill and gave everybody what they wanted. sucks for me.
karmasabytch

Floyds Knobs, IN

#7 Feb 19, 2009
i totally understand what you are going through, dealing with these people is a total nightmare, and i have also tried calling the attorneys office to make some type of arrangement, and the woman who answered the phone should not be working for the public at all, she was a total witch, when i asked about making arrangements, she said you have had ample time to take care of this matter, and you wait until it gets turned over to attorney.. and you get the jist of the rest.. so good luck with dealing with one of the worst places in bowling green to deal with
yeah

Lexington, KY

#8 Feb 19, 2009
I have been paying hillcreast for two years now and I missed a few payments. Just call them set up another payment and they might drop the court thing. My bill is 15 grand I will trade you the 500 anyday
hillcrest Credit Agency

Alliance, OH

#9 Feb 19, 2009
I asked them about that. Hillcrest says it is out of their hands now. Finally got to talk to a decent human at the law office of hoyes and hodges. I can set up payments with them, they have added 200+ in "filing fees" and 25% to the balance just because they can. Not sure if its worth fighting or not. I figure if I let it go to court more fees will be added. Oh well
Sam

Alliance, OH

#10 Feb 21, 2009
I dislike them
an RN

Alliance, OH

#11 Feb 21, 2009
If you had paid your bills to begin with, you wouldn't have been turned over to Hillcrest. They are actually doing you a favor by allowing you to have a payment plan vs immediately putting a lien on your home (provided you have one) or taking you to court. Quit dogging Hillcrest; it's your fault you're involved with them. If you had paid your bill like a responsible person, you wouldn't be on here whining. Grow up and pay your bills.
oh please

Alliance, OH

#12 Feb 21, 2009
"rn" go suck it
hah hah

Alliance, OH

#13 Feb 21, 2009
rn your post sounds so bitter. try focusing on your own extensive personal problems b4 worrying about others. put your name on here. we would all love a good laugh. soo glad you can pay your bills on time and are superior to everyone else. your reading skills are limited, as is your intelligence. get a life and stick to posting about how you can learn to keep your man.
ouch

Alliance, OH

#14 Feb 21, 2009
sorry RN, i agree with hah hah. the original poster clearly states it's their bill and they want to pay it. they are just wanting some advice with the process. Hillcrest is a collection agency, and they are hateful. I don't care why you are involved with Hillcrest, whether it's your fault or not they have no reason to be hostile and rude to people. I could never be a bill collector because I have compassion for others and realize life has many bumps in the road. Bill collectors seem to enjoy others misfortunes and/or poor decisions. You can be a judge, police officer, bill collector, repo man etc without being a mean person. You don't even have to be nice, just be professional and impartial. RN you do sound very judgemental and bitter. I hope nothing happens in your life or the lives of your loved ones, but it might do you some good to walk in someone else's shoes before you condemn them
lol

Alliance, OH

#15 Feb 21, 2009
Hillcrest is evil!! RN must work there. I think RN stands for rude and nasty. I can only hope he/she is not an actual RN, they obviously have no business working with the public.
buttercup

Harvest, AL

#16 Feb 21, 2009
an RN wrote:
If you had paid your bills to begin with, you wouldn't have been turned over to Hillcrest. They are actually doing you a favor by allowing you to have a payment plan vs immediately putting a lien on your home (provided you have one) or taking you to court. Quit dogging Hillcrest; it's your fault you're involved with them. If you had paid your bill like a responsible person, you wouldn't be on here whining. Grow up and pay your bills.
its not always your fault. about a year ago i went to the dr and they turned it in on my old insurance even tho i gave them the info on my new insurance. i didnt even know it hadnt been paid until hill crest sent me a letter. thats when i contacted them, they were rude as hell with me too. so i finally contacted the drs office where they admitted their mistake and it was taken care of.
who cares

Buffalo, TX

#17 Feb 21, 2009
You know all you have to do is pay something a month , no matter if it is just ten dollars, and they cant do anything....everyone should pay their bills though..
me too

Alliance, OH

#18 Feb 21, 2009
I also had a bill turned over to hillcrest in error. it took forever to straighten things out. Hillcrest treated me like I was a child molester the entire time. After it was resolved Hillcrest of course did not apologize for their rude behavior. Petty people work there. I know there are a lot of dead beats and the employees at Hillcrest have probably heard every excuse in the book. But like another poster pointed out, just be professional.
Katherine

Youngstown, OH

#19 Feb 21, 2009
I understand Hillcrest Collection is owned by the Medical Center...if you don't pay your medical bill within 30 days they flip it to their collection agency...everyone is right..they are very rude...good luck
just a thought

Scottsville, KY

#20 Feb 21, 2009
Katherine wrote:
I understand Hillcrest Collection is owned by the Medical Center...if you don't pay your medical bill within 30 days they flip it to their collection agency...everyone is right..they are very rude...good luck
Do believe you are right SO if you have a choice just don't go to medical center. But they own every medical facility in all surrounding counties.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bonfire 4 min Just wondering 7
WKU a sanctuary campus? 7 min Bombardier 8
Bando 50 min Mmeredith12 5
Bryan Murphy 1 hr Gunshy 9
Add a word, Drop a word. (Jul '12) 1 hr -Glinda- 5,725
mike 1 hr SillyRabbitTricks... 15
My everything 1 hr Mmmmmmmm 24

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance