First Prev
of 2
Next Last
supporter in the know

Bowling Green, KY

#25 Nov 15, 2012
Also, slanky old bag, you need to attend a board meeting to see for yourself that the shelter does not make money. The operating cost are well above what funding and donations they receive. Someone can help you with understanding the financial spreadsheet if needed.
skanky old bag

Bowling Green, KY

#26 Nov 15, 2012
Still dodging the issue with empty claims yourself.

The adoption fees are ridiculous. it's a money making scheme bent on profit and not on animal welfare and you know it.
supporter in the know

Bowling Green, KY

#27 Nov 15, 2012
skanky old bag wrote:
Still dodging the issue with empty claims yourself.

The adoption fees are ridiculous. it's a money making scheme bent on profit and not on animal welfare and you know it.
I am Stating facts. Educate yourself as I've instructed you to do. I have given you the references you need to educate yourself to the facts.
skanky old bag

Bowling Green, KY

#28 Nov 15, 2012
I have educated myself watching shitbird operations like the Humane Society playing off of people's love of animals. I hope you all rot in hell for this bullshit facade you guys run.
Pat

Bowling Green, KY

#29 Nov 16, 2012
skanky old bag wrote:
I have educated myself watching shitbird operations like the Humane Society playing off of people's love of animals. I hope you all rot in hell for this bullshit facade you guys run.
You are a real idiot. Go back and read your own posts again and then say you are stating facts...
Biker

Brownsville, KY

#30 Nov 16, 2012
If people would take responsibility for the pets they own and spay or neuter them, we would not have the need for a humane society. And before you say anything, my husband and I have 3 dogs and 1 cat. All are "fixed" except one which is a AKC registered Schnauzer, male. He is never outside the house unless he is on a leash so he is never allowed to have the opportunity to impregnate a female.

I have been present and seen the BGWCHS loading dogs and cats to be sent to rescue. They do not put the animals to sleep unless absolutely necessary.

I would like to encourage everyone to adopt from their local shelter instead of going to the pet store and buying an expensive breed. By the way, we did not buy our Schnauzer from an expensive pet store, we rescued him from a puppy mill.
Put Up or Shut Up

Owensboro, KY

#31 Nov 16, 2012
It's easy for someone to arm chair quarterback the efforts of others when they haven't stepped 1 foot into the other guys shoes. Seek first to understand then to be understood. The amount of staffing necessary to care for this many animals requires a lot of time, money and resources. Yes, donations and tax dollars pay for a lot of this however the sheer amount of animals they're faced with cannot be covered without charging for services. Be a responsible owner, let them spay or neuter your pet. $65 spay/neuter for dogs and $45 spay/neuter for cats. $20 micro chipping and they will also perform vaccinations for reduced rates. SUPPORT these people. They are performing a valuable service to the public. Additionally, why not complain about the numerous irresponsible breeders that keep turning out litters for a means of supporting their lifestyles at the expense of the animals. These aren't show quality or for the betterment of the breed, they're just people breeding for profit. Then the humane society is left with their by product. Additionally, you have too many people that want to turn their animals out and let them get impregnated numerous times with no care for who has to deal with the off spring. Put up or shut up, if you're not willing to help with a solution, don't complain about the efforts of others contending with it each and everyday. Those animals are paying dearly with their lives for the irresponsible pet owners and breeders.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Piercing in Bowling Green? (Aug '12) 1 hr Lyle 45
she's cheating 1 hr LOL 12
Does Bendix Spicer in Bowling Green hire felons? 1 hr truthful 11
Idiot wbko reporter at Hardee's 1 hr Harry Baulsache 8
Shiddy tattooers (Dec '12) 2 hr tatgirl42170 26
Meijer treats their employees like crap 2 hr Catwoman 8
mellindy gregory 3 hr Big D 4
Bowling Green Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web