Human Society my arse
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
petz

Louisville, KY

#1 Nov 13, 2012
They slaughter more animals than they save!
commonsense

La Grange, KY

#2 Nov 13, 2012
Did you mean to say 'humane'?
Betty

Tucker, GA

#4 Nov 13, 2012
petz wrote:
And what makes you qualified to comment on this?
petz

Louisville, KY

#5 Nov 13, 2012
my opinion. All yuo bastards do is spout how you'll kill anything that comes in there. I have never got the feeling from you bastards that you had anything else on your agenda

Since: Aug 12

Tucker, GA

#6 Nov 13, 2012
If people aren't going to take care of their pets what else is supposed to be done with them? The humane society has become a dumping ground, they can't afford to feed and house these animals long term so what other option is there?
n8rboy1

Bowling Green, KY

#7 Nov 13, 2012
I thought we had a "no kill shelter" in BG.
petz

Louisville, KY

#8 Nov 13, 2012
yeah, it's a no kill shelter like Auschwitz was a no-kill shelter.

I think Auschwitz was less gung ho about killing living things actually.
FappyTheClown

Georgetown, IN

#9 Nov 13, 2012
.....at least they keep the Chinese restaurants with a good supply of (relatively) fresh meat!!! seriously..........
Amy

Bowling Green, KY

#10 Nov 14, 2012
petz wrote:
What do you do to help animals? Or do you just sit around on your butt and complain about people out there actually trying to do some good?
Amy

Louisville, KY

#11 Nov 14, 2012
At least I use my time constructively. I volunteer at the shelters manually masturbating dogs for artificial insemination.
FappyTheClown

Georgetown, IN

#12 Nov 14, 2012
Amy wrote:
At least I use my time constructively. I volunteer at the shelters manually masturbating dogs for artificial insemination.
I tried doing the same thing for the sororities at WKU a few years back, until I got kicked off campus....oh wait, that was NATURAL insemination!!!
Betty

Tucker, GA

#13 Nov 15, 2012
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>What do you do to help animals? Or do you just sit around on your butt and complain about people out there actually trying to do some good?
This person probably tried to dump an animal there and is now pissed to find out the shelter cannot care for the hundreds dumped there every week.

By the way, I do not work there.
Pat

Tucker, GA

#14 Nov 15, 2012
n8rboy1 wrote:
I thought we had a "no kill shelter" in BG.
We have a no kill adoption center. Our humane society moves as many animals as possible into the no kill adoption center. However, the first stop if you need to surrender an animal in Bowling Green is the city/county humane society. Our humane society and adoption center does the best they can with the number of animals dumped there every day.
exactly

United States

#17 Nov 15, 2012
Don't bitch abt it unless you've actually lifted a finger to help! Once ur home is over run with pets ppl haveturned out then u can judge. They do everything humanly possible to care for these animals. Hell a lot of the workers there take pets home to care for them, but they can't take care of thousands of pets with limited resources! So like I said, don't b!tch abt it unless u r actually getting off ur butt or ur checkbook to help!!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#19 Nov 15, 2012
petz wrote:
yeah, it's a no kill shelter like Auschwitz was a no-kill shelter.
I think Auschwitz was less gung ho about killing living things actually.
If you are concerned, get down there and adopt some pets! You can't complain about it, if you are doing nothing. I adopted my beautiful dog from the Scottsville Shelter. There are many animals waiting for someone to save them.
So, go save them.
unlimited joke potential

Louisville, KY

#20 Nov 15, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>If you are concerned, get down there and adopt some pets! You can't complain about it, if you are doing nothing. I adopted my beautiful dog from the Scottsville Shelter. There are many animals waiting for someone to save them.
So, go save them.
Just one question: When you tried to leave with the animal did the staff try to throw your ugly ass back in one of the cages?
supporter in the know

Russellville, KY

#21 Nov 15, 2012
Just this month our local shelter has had 1,297 intakes. For those of you on this forum that has never stepped foot in our shelter need to realize the shelter does not have room for this many animals. They send at least 100 or so twice a month to rescue. They beg for foster homes and adopt out many. The issue is spay and neuter to control the pet population. There is a a no kill center at the shelter but with the number above do the math. Please try to support the shelter and take responsibility for your pets. Spay and Neuter.
skanky old bag

Louisville, KY

#22 Nov 15, 2012
Hey in the know, nice job sidestepping the economic math here though.

You have vets performing the treatment and sterilizations for free (because we all know rich people don't do things out of the goodness of their hearts, they do it for the tax writeoffs-let's be clear on this)

Then you turn around with this fixed, ready to go animal that you got for free, treated for free, fed for free, and do what with it? You charge an insane price for it thus reducing the odds that said animal gets adopted.

This sounds to me like you are more concerned with PROFIT (a la donated blood the hospitals make BANk off of) than with adopting the damn things out. Let's just hedge our bets on ths most adoptable, service them up and try to make a dime! Very similar to the jawas in Star Wars parading around their robots to luke and Uncle owen.

As long as you rape people with adoption costs, you can suck my cock. No testimony regarding your concern for animals holds ANY water with me.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#23 Nov 15, 2012
unlimited joke potential wrote:
<quoted text>
Just one question: When you tried to leave with the animal did the staff try to throw your ugly ass back in one of the cages?
You're a moron. You don't wanna help the animals, then troll on to another post. You've shown your low IQ, get lost, troll.
supporter in the know

Russellville, KY

#24 Nov 15, 2012
skanky old bag wrote:
Hey in the know, nice job sidestepping the economic math here though.

You have vets performing the treatment and sterilizations for free (because we all know rich people don't do things out of the goodness of their hearts, they do it for the tax writeoffs-let's be clear on this)

Then you turn around with this fixed, ready to go animal that you got for free, treated for free, fed for free, and do what with it? You charge an insane price for it thus reducing the odds that said animal gets adopted.

This sounds to me like you are more concerned with PROFIT (a la donated blood the hospitals make BANk off of) than with adopting the damn things out. Let's just hedge our bets on ths most adoptable, service them up and try to make a dime! Very similar to the jawas in Star Wars parading around their robots to luke and Uncle owen.

As long as you rape people with adoption costs, you can suck my cock. No testimony regarding your concern for animals holds ANY water with me.
Again, try volunteering and educating yourself. The shelter has a paid vet that performs all the spay and neuter surgeries. They local vets charge the shelter for any service they cannot provide at the shelter due to lack of equipment. If you are talking about vets being rich and taking tax write offs, again please educate yourself before you state false facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sad. 6 min Boohoo 1
Mariahs closing 1 hr Bill WNKY 19
Baby girls n their teddybears 1 hr BustedPumpkins 2
Never Forget 2 hr Cupcake 59
Who shot Ricky Ray Miller???? 2 hr Po po 47
I LOVE drinking & I Love driving VOTE NASH !!! 2 hr WILLIAMS vs Nash 18
*** BGDN Warren County Rescue Department Future... (Jan '16) 2 hr Nice 488
Michael Hardy found guilty 4 hr landy 108

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web