First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#1 Oct 30, 2012
Is it eating you right wingers up that Obama is handling this much more powerful storm than Katrina, much better than Bush "handled" Katrina? George Bush quote..."Good job Brownie". LMBO!!

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/bushismvid...
Romney2012

Dallas, TX

#2 Oct 30, 2012
You liberals are a joke. He has done nothing different!! The government has just learned from the past on what to do. Plus this storm was a weak category 1 when it hit. Do your research before you make a stupid statement!!
Bran

United States

#3 Oct 30, 2012
This wasn't a more powerful storm at all, Katrina hit one city and caused 60 billion damages and killed about 1,500, this storm is estimated 20 billion and only 30 deaths. Only a caragory 1 to Katrina was a 3.katrina was a government conspiracy thought they blew the levies. A lot of people made Alot of money, bush being one of them.
heh

Louisville, KY

#4 Oct 30, 2012
watch conspiracy theory with jesse ventura about the oil spill. Everyone, including obama benefits from it.
Lone Ranger

United States

#5 Oct 31, 2012
Here lies the problem. Everyone (the left) wants the government to take care of things. The people of the states can take care of themselves. If you liberals would pop the titty out of your mouth and grow up then this country would be so much better. SMDH!
huh

Fredonia, NY

#6 Oct 31, 2012
Bush and Obama are both morons and the people who buy into their crap are even dumber. To be honest with you i dont even think of Bush anymore.Also, Katrina caused way more loss of life, had lower pressure, dropped more rain, had higher wind speed, cost more money and had a higher storm surge. Your so wrong on facts you probably could get a job with the Obama Admn.
Funny

Long Beach, CA

#7 Oct 31, 2012
I like that Bloomberg told Obama to stay out of New York - why? Because when Obama travels to a city he shuts down the whole city - I'm not saying that is a bad thing or that the same isn't true for all Presidents/Vice Presidents.

Having said that what can Bush or Obama do other than release Fed funds and resources to the States that are having problems. And of course all release as much as possible.

Obama wants to show boat but at the end of the day there is nothing more he can do that any other President wouldn't do.

I don't think that is true about Benghazi - I think it is suspicious that the guy that was caught in Turkey responsible for for the attack on the Embassy was quickly sent to Tunisia where we can't talk to him or get info. That is why we need Gitmo.

The President is going to do everything he can to make sure the people responsible for the attack are brought to justice - the problem is he can't do anything
jbird

United States

#8 Oct 31, 2012
Hurricane victims are given much warning to get out of the way and prepare. The biggest difference between Sandy and Katrina is education and financial well being. In spite of all the warning about the NOLA levees, people could not afford to leave. While there is some of that going on in Jersey, the majority of people with evacuation orders could afford to and chose to leave. The people in Jersey aren't immediately blaming our government for busting the levees that broke. They are educated enough to understand the concept of natural disasters. The ones who stayed mostly prepared, unlike NOLA where people got hostile and blamed Bush because in spite of days and days of being told to, they didn't save drinking water, canned goods, and necessary medicine. Apparently, the people in NOLA expected Bush to hand deliver a hurricane kit prior to the storm. Obama has it a little easier. He is dealing with one third the damage, a fraction dead, a fraction in need of rescue, and above all, he is dealing with more educated, reasonable people who bought supplies. I don't blame Bush for staying on the air. The NOLAs were acting crazy and helpless.

Since: Oct 12

United States

#9 Oct 31, 2012
jbird wrote:
Hurricane victims are given much warning to get out of the way and prepare. The biggest difference between Sandy and Katrina is education and financial well being. In spite of all the warning about the NOLA levees, people could not afford to leave. While there is some of that going on in Jersey, the majority of people with evacuation orders could afford to and chose to leave. The people in Jersey aren't immediately blaming our government for busting the levees that broke. They are educated enough to understand the concept of natural disasters. The ones who stayed mostly prepared, unlike NOLA where people got hostile and blamed Bush because in spite of days and days of being told to, they didn't save drinking water, canned goods, and necessary medicine. Apparently, the people in NOLA expected Bush to hand deliver a hurricane kit prior to the storm. Obama has it a little easier. He is dealing with one third the damage, a fraction dead, a fraction in need of rescue, and above all, he is dealing with more educated, reasonable people who bought supplies. I don't blame Bush for staying on the air. The NOLAs were acting crazy and helpless.
So basically you're blaming poor people for not having money? Sounds like an ouR-money kind of person.

Anyway.....Yes less death, less strength of the storm and less damage in Jersey than in N'awlens. But also Jersey isn't use to hurricanes of any size or strength NOLA is very much use to them. So factoring in that Sandy and Katrina are on the same level.
john

Winter Haven, FL

#11 Nov 1, 2012
boo hoo
Lunchbox37

Utica, MS

#12 Nov 1, 2012
Bran wrote:
This wasn't a more powerful storm at all, Katrina hit one city and caused 60 billion damages and killed about 1,500, this storm is estimated 20 billion and only 30 deaths. Only a caragory 1 to Katrina was a 3.katrina was a government conspiracy thought they blew the levies. A lot of people made Alot of money, bush being one of them.
Katrina WAS a much more powerful storm than Sandy. While Katrina made landfall as a Cat 3 storm, it was as powerful as a Cat 5 just days prior to final landfall (it made intitial landfall in Florida). On top of that, the real strength of a storm is determined by its lowest recorded baromteric pressure. Katrina's lowest barometric pressure was 920mb while Sandy's was 946mb.

However, Katrina did NOT hit just one city. Now, the largest metropolitan area it affected, yes, WAS New Orleans, but Katrina affected hundreds of miles of the Gulf Coast. Other Louisiana areas outside of New Orleans were affected, but what gets lost is the fact that the Mississippi Gulf Coast was laid to waste! There was a 20+ foot storm surge that hit the north shore of Biloxi's Back Bay. AT Katrina's landfall, that same area did not flood to the extent it did when Hurricane Camille (made landfall as a Cat 5 w/ 200+ mph wind gusts) hit in 1969. Waveland, MS was wiped off the map. Dockside casinos in Biloxi & Gulport, MS were torn loose from their moorings and pushed onshore to rest across Hwy 90. There was water/flooding all the way from the beach to I-10 in areas.

Any disaster befalling any victim is a tragedy, but it's an inescapable fact of life. Let's not, however, forget those victims who tend to be forgotten because they're not from an area as well known as larger areas.
Lunchbox37

Utica, MS

#13 Nov 1, 2012
And another thing... If anyone REALLY believes that levees were purposely blown during this Katrina is deluded! If Katrina was a government conspiracy, and levees were blown to flood the poorer areas of the city to protect the richer parts, then why did the levees in the Lakeview area fail? The Lakeview area is on the northwest side of NOLA and has some of the nicest (newer)houses in the city. So, why did Lakeview flood? Do you think the Corps of Engineers placed their (supposed) levee bombs on the wrong levees?
Alonso

Columbus, OH

#14 Nov 1, 2012
While it is a horrible disastor for the Northeast, hurricane Sandy only helps O'bama politicaly. Any president in office right now, before an election, would use Sandy as an opportuity to gain votes and you know O'bama will. Unlike Bush in 2005, O'Bama benefits from all of the lessons learned from Katrina. The actions and next steps are clear. This is easy - all upside for O'Bama.

Put O'bama in a situation where there is no cookbook recipe or precedent to follow (e.g., 911, Katrina) and then let's see how he does. Actually, we already know - just look at what a mess he has made of our economy!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#15 Nov 1, 2012
I've never believed in the "Bush conspiracy" about Katrina, or 9/11. Is there really people out there that believe this idiot could be smart enough to pull anything of those magnitudes off?:)
Bill

Slidell, LA

#16 Nov 1, 2012
For a factual comparison of the storms (along with Irene): http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm...

Sandy had larger diameter, but Katrina had much stronger winds and killed many more people. The scope of destruction and complications of emergency rescue operations were more extreme for Katrina.

For the record I am neither a conservative nor a liberal. Those are polarizing designations that interfere with actual resolutions to our problems.
Jason

Whitinsville, MA

#17 Nov 1, 2012
Romney2012 wrote:
You liberals are a joke. He has done nothing different!! The government has just learned from the past on what to do. Plus this storm was a weak category 1 when it hit. Do your research before you make a stupid statement!!
I agree Romney2012, stupid liberals. Appointing an Arabian Horse judge as the head of FEMA was an excellent decision and obviously had nothing to do with the Katrina aftermath.
qtpiesmommy

Lafayette, LA

#18 Nov 1, 2012
FORALLTOSEE wrote:
Is it eating you right wingers up that Obama is handling this much more powerful storm than Katrina, much better than Bush "handled" Katrina? George Bush quote..."Good job Brownie". LMBO!!
http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/bushismvid...
The problem with Katrina was #1 People didn't get out when they were told to get out and #2 The State of Louisiana failed to act on the catastrophe in a timely manner.
qtpiesmommy

Lafayette, LA

#19 Nov 1, 2012
jbird wrote:
Hurricane victims are given much warning to get out of the way and prepare. The biggest difference between Sandy and Katrina is education and financial well being. In spite of all the warning about the NOLA levees, people could not afford to leave. While there is some of that going on in Jersey, the majority of people with evacuation orders could afford to and chose to leave. The people in Jersey aren't immediately blaming our government for busting the levees that broke. They are educated enough to understand the concept of natural disasters. The ones who stayed mostly prepared, unlike NOLA where people got hostile and blamed Bush because in spite of days and days of being told to, they didn't save drinking water, canned goods, and necessary medicine. Apparently, the people in NOLA expected Bush to hand deliver a hurricane kit prior to the storm. Obama has it a little easier. He is dealing with one third the damage, a fraction dead, a fraction in need of rescue, and above all, he is dealing with more educated, reasonable people who bought supplies. I don't blame Bush for staying on the air. The NOLAs were acting crazy and helpless.
People were offered FREE ways to get out of the city and into shelters...I disagree that it has to do with them being poor...pure ignorance
tms

Atlanta, GA

#20 Nov 1, 2012
FORALLTOSEE wrote:
Is it eating you right wingers up that Obama is handling this much more powerful storm than Katrina, much better than Bush "handled" Katrina? George Bush quote..."Good job Brownie". LMBO!!
http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/bushismvid...
Are you kidding? This is very ignorant to say since 1,836 people died in Katrina, and there was a lot more damage done in Lousiana, where as 88 have died in Sandy's storm and yes there was a lot of damage but it will not take years to fix and rebuild like Katrina victims had to go through. Check you facts before you publicly speak so ignorantly. You give a bad name to Obama voters.
Sam

Massapequa, NY

#21 Nov 1, 2012
Romney2012 wrote:
You liberals are a joke. He has done nothing different!! The government has just learned from the past on what to do. Plus this storm was a weak category 1 when it hit. Do your research before you make a stupid statement!!
I'll let my sister who won't get back to her home until Dec-Jan & my father who's restaurant is no longer there how weak this category 1 is. Maybe you should do research before you you make a stupid statement!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vacation times 30 min Iknow 2
jenny ramsey 48 min tattle 10
Can two convicted felons get married? (Oct '12) 1 hr RealityBytes 97
Toots restaurant closed down permanently 1 hr On One 34
Lindsey (looking to earn money) 2 hr On One 5
Marissa at Minit mart on Cumberland trace/scott... 2 hr Pasta 8
Rhondi klocock 4 hr concerned 6

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bowling Green Mortgages