So do Bosnians have to pay taxes
Dot

Saint Louis, MO

#67 Jan 11, 2010
Milly wrote:
Oh Please, you must know as many of them as I do. You are so right. Unlike we Americans, they do not take everything for granted. We could and should take notes....
Take this Note! Don't kid yourself..you are thinking as an idealist..I work with and know MANY Bosnians who are here and HATE America and denigrate it all the time .Just check out Youtube and their videos America Cernerika-there are many posted where they sing and talk about what a hellhole America is,all the while they're partaking of the generosity of our tax money.It would be nice to think they appreciate this great country but they don't.I do.God Bless America.
Dot

Saint Louis, MO

#68 Jan 11, 2010
Don't kid yourself..you are thinking as an idealist..I work with and know MANY Bosnians who are here and HATE America and denigrate it all the time .Just check out Youtube and their videos America Cernerika-there are many posted where they sing and talk about what a hellhole America is,all the while they're partaking of the generosity of our tax money.It would be nice to think they appreciate this great country but they don't.I do.God Bless America.
Anthrokid

Bowling Green, KY

#69 Mar 29, 2010
All i can say is work in retail and have to help a bosnian there rude, none of them speak english except for the children who you have to talk to get them to translate for you. I haven't meet one yet that was nice or respectful in anyway. Everyone i've dealt with thinks you should hand stuff to them for free because they deserve. I swear I wish America would close it's borders to these people. Welcome to America the world's largest babysitting service.
cannonball

Canton, OH

#70 Apr 11, 2010
I havn't had a singal positive experience with younger Bosnians. They have been rude me and people I have known, as if I should get out of the way and not say anything. Even in this forum they boast about what they have. Bosnian3. I have a 2001 grand prix. I make forty thousand a year 34% of that goes to taxes. I have been given nothing in my life and am fine with that. If refugess do get a break to start out i think that every American born person should get the same after graduating college or at the age of 25 years old. I hope that bosnian3 will resposnd i know this is old but what do you do for a living and if so how much do you make and did you recive help form the gorvernment or your family
just me

Canton, OH

#72 Apr 20, 2010
Bosnian 1 wrote:
<quoted text>well at least they dont have a bunch of kids like mexicans and whites and black.
Well if so many American wanted to get help n tuitin they need to sit down and start learning, Bosnians do get help because they are SMART...and who would not help smart person ..but if you are out and about every night getting high and having too much of good time who is gonna help you...so that is HUGE DIFFERENCE between American students and bosnian students....you have to study to finish degree, it is not enough just to show to class....If so many americans wolud love start business they can, but you have to know how to save money , not spend every check on drugs and alcohol....so please just sit back and learn how it is done properly....and another reason why bosnians drive Mercedes and BMW`s is because they know what they want and they save money to get it...I like few Americans that are smart and are living normal life....like they should but most of them , like 70% is all about low life and having good time on Fridays and Saturdays...but there is more ways and better ways to have a good time....so far my friend ...have a good day!!!
well at least they of kids like mexicans and whites and black. dont have a bunch
been around several

United States

#73 Apr 20, 2010
I dont know about tax breaks or free homes, but I do think they should all get a free bar of soap and a stick of deodorant. Ill pitch in.
bosnian american

Atwater, OH

#74 Apr 21, 2010
Nothing but a bunch of right-wing, southern hate.

Lets see, so far the most stereotype used is that we stink, have BMW's and don't pay taxes. What a load of crap.

It's like Obama said, some of you southern people have bad lifes and likes to blame immigrants for your problems unstead of pointing the finger at immigrants. You can't help yourselves.
been around several

United States

#75 Apr 21, 2010
pretty much sums it up. you think you come here and someone owes you something. you want to be a part of this society, then fine, do it. Speaking bosnian in the company of people who dont understand it, for one, is rude. America, speak ENGLISH in the company of Americans, or get the hell out. The majority of bosnians that I know are for a fact, rude,arrogant and spend a majority of their day acting like someone owes them something. Guess what, we dont. Every time you dont get your way, you wanna play the race card. Guess what friend, thats not a new trick, so get over it. And as far as the smell, THE NOSE KNOWS, and facts are facts.
bluegrassdawg

United States

#76 Apr 21, 2010
Yep you can sure tell that ole bosnian 1 is a real scholar. "should be to smart and work hard and no party party" DUH Freakin hut monkey
me too

United States

#77 Apr 22, 2010
Go north young stinker
jasmina

Minneapolis, MN

#78 Jun 22, 2010
Just Asking wrote:
I was told that they start with a perfect credit score. That is why they buy homes as soon as they get here.
DONT YOU START WITH PERFECT SCORE AS WELL? I mean you are born here and all..........
jasmina

Minneapolis, MN

#79 Jun 22, 2010
been around several wrote:
pretty much sums it up. you think you come here and someone owes you something. you want to be a part of this society, then fine, do it. Speaking bosnian in the company of people who dont understand it, for one, is rude. America, speak ENGLISH in the company of Americans, or get the hell out. The majority of bosnians that I know are for a fact, rude,arrogant and spend a majority of their day acting like someone owes them something. Guess what, we dont. Every time you dont get your way, you wanna play the race card. Guess what friend, thats not a new trick, so get over it. And as far as the smell, THE NOSE KNOWS, and facts are facts.
WHAT A GREAT COUNTRY THIS IS TO LIVE IN...... Most 'american robots' working 9-5, living paycheck to paycheck are so brainwashed not realizing how bad they have it here........
jasmina

Minneapolis, MN

#80 Jun 22, 2010
cannonball wrote:
I havn't had a singal positive experience with younger Bosnians. They have been rude me and people I have known, as if I should get out of the way and not say anything. Even in this forum they boast about what they have. Bosnian3. I have a 2001 grand prix. I make forty thousand a year 34% of that goes to taxes. I have been given nothing in my life and am fine with that. If refugess do get a break to start out i think that every American born person should get the same after graduating college or at the age of 25 years old. I hope that bosnian3 will resposnd i know this is old but what do you do for a living and if so how much do you make and did you recive help form the gorvernment or your family
***During war, 1993-Mom, dad, brother & myself were given tickets, put on a plane & brought to MN. I was 16 & brother 17. Went to HS, worked PT, but FT during summer. All of us worked for minimal wage, gave $$$ to dad & saved $3000 (i'll never forget that lol) He gave that $$$ as a down payment on our first house after living in an apt for 11 months. We did receive food stamps the first month we lived here, but since we all started working that same month, we had to repay those stamps back. The airplane tickets, over a grand each, were also re-payed back by us. We still pay taxes.....oh yeah, we did receive 1st month rent and deposit for when we had just moved here, but again, there are soooo many SINGLE NON-WORKING WOMEN WITH QUITE A FEW KIDS, living off welfare and abusing the system that I dont feel so bad anymore for receiving that 1st month & deposit for free.
jasmina

Minneapolis, MN

#81 Jun 22, 2010
Dot wrote:
<quoted text> Take this Note! Don't kid yourself..you are thinking as an idealist..I work with and know MANY Bosnians who are here and HATE America and denigrate it all the time .Just check out Youtube and their videos America Cernerika-there are many posted where they sing and talk about what a hellhole America is,all the while they're partaking of the generosity of our tax money.It would be nice to think they appreciate this great country but they don't.I do.God Bless America.
OOOOKKK SO WHAT is so good about USA? Is it the fact that EVERYONE has free healthcare? That is just a little tip of the ice-berg. And as far as that song goes, Amerko-Cemeriko: its a sad song about a guy who had to leave his home, his mother & "her lap" and now he's sad & crying,(as most of us did during the war, not cuz we wanted to, but cuz we had to)
people

Saint Louis, MO

#82 Aug 19, 2010
Instead of spreading lies, just call your local government and see what was really given. Fact; Apartment [housing], job provided, and assistance. Anything that was given needs to be payed backed within a year or two.
Bevo

High Ridge, MO

#83 Aug 2, 2011
bosnian american wrote:
Nothing but a bunch of right-wing, southern hate.
Lets see, so far the most stereotype used is that we stink, have BMW's and don't pay taxes. What a load of crap.
It's like Obama said, some of you southern people have bad lifes and likes to blame immigrants for your problems unstead of pointing the finger at immigrants. You can't help yourselves.
I'm not a southern person. I live in St. Louis, Missouri. We have 70,000 Bosnians living here. I have never met a more rude bunch of people in my life. the younger people have absolutely no respect for our neighborhood. they drive like maniacs thru the streets here. And yes, most of them do drive BMW's or a Benz or some other European made car. They dont refer to America as their country.They dont care about US citizens who were born here and made this city what it is. they only care about heir own kind and what they can get for nothing out of the rest of us. Any Bosnians who make managers at stores willonly hire from then on other bosnians..they will not hireothe ethnicities. they will not rent to anyone who isnt Bosnians. This is illegal. They steal from people to supply resale shops & yard sales. They steal at yard sales & estate sales. Our neighborhood is going to the sh*tter because of these kinds of people. I served in the military when Bosnians were getting their asses kick by Molosovic and the Serbs. If it werent for the American soldiers who helped end the genocide a lot of Bosnian wouldnt have made it out alive. then they come here and and disrespect the hell out of everyone. Bosnia isnt at war anymore ..why dont hey go back? because a lot of them are criminals, they were criminals before they came to the US plus..they wouldnt get near the fee stuff in Bosnia as they get here.
Bevo

High Ridge, MO

#84 Aug 2, 2011
jasmina wrote:
<quoted text>
OOOOKKK SO WHAT is so good about USA? Is it the fact that EVERYONE has free healthcare? That is just a little tip of the ice-berg. And as far as that song goes, Amerko-Cemeriko: its a sad song about a guy who had to leave his home, his mother & "her lap" and now he's sad & crying,(as most of us did during the war, not cuz we wanted to, but cuz we had to)
To answer your question: Whats so good about America? America has soldiers that saved the lives of countles amounts of Bosnians & Croations when Molosovic was genociding them. The US helped put a stop to it. many Bosnians wouldnot have made it oout alive if the Us hant stepped in. And, it really burns my ass when i hear Bosnians talking bad about the US. we have 70,000 of them here in St. Louis. they are some of the rudest, most disrepectful people I have ever encountered. That is how they treat Americans...the very people who helped to save their lives.
Bevo

High Ridge, MO

#85 Aug 2, 2011
jasmina wrote:
<quoted text> ***During war, 1993-Mom, dad, brother & myself were given tickets, put on a plane & brought to MN. I was 16 & brother 17. Went to HS, worked PT, but FT during summer. All of us worked for minimal wage, gave $$$ to dad & saved $3000 (i'll never forget that lol) He gave that $$$ as a down payment on our first house after living in an apt for 11 months. We did receive food stamps the first month we lived here, but since we all started working that same month, we had to repay those stamps back. The airplane tickets, over a grand each, were also re-payed back by us. We still pay taxes.....oh yeah, we did receive 1st month rent and deposit for when we had just moved here, but again, there are soooo many SINGLE NON-WORKING WOMEN WITH QUITE A FEW KIDS, living off welfare and abusing the system that I dont feel so bad anymore for receiving that 1st month & deposit for free.
During the war did you encounter any Us troops?
The Hitman

Canton, OH

#86 Aug 2, 2011
oh please wrote:
sorry, no. they start with no credit score. they use letters of credit from utilities to help build a credit score. they do not buy houses as soon as they get here. usually takes between 5-7 years to build up a credit score and then they are able to buy a house. they are really hard workers, as is their custom many family members live together and all work numerous jobs and so they all contribute to bills, down payment etc. they do not have the lax attitude towards bills that so many of us americans have and therefor have perfect payment histories. they work very hard for what they get and earn it just liek the rest of us.
I've met two types of Bosnians in this town. 1) Really nice folks, hard workers, and want to earn their keep. 2) Horse's patoots that think they're OWED everything by Americans and just walk around pissed-off; real buttholes. I run into more #2's than #1's. That's just the way it is.
Sim

Santa Clara, CA

#87 Sep 14, 2011
They all drive such nice cars. How? I saw a 16 year old with a brand new mercedes! Wow!
Wish I knew their little bosnian secret of wealth. Maybe they brought gold medallions from the old country. Or maybe they shit gold?
Hmm?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cameron Park Apartments (Jun '15) 1 hr Former tenant 12
Good home cooking restaurant 1 hr bubba J 6
Childcare 3rd shift 1 hr Amy 8
Claires ear piercings 1 hr Former employee 6
wish the best for u 3 hr C-Town 29
The Hot Rods baseball team really sucks 3 hr Bubba 7
sleazy women 3 hr Boss 3
WBKO Kristi Hancock indicted on all charges 11 hr Conjugal visit 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance