Comments
1 - 20 of 149 Comments Last updated Jul 13, 2014
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Just Wondering

Alliance, OH

#1 Feb 21, 2009
Let's get the real story. Someone tell me if when Bosnians get brought over here what do they receive. I hear that they do not have to pay taxes for years and that they get lots of cash.
Milly

Alliance, OH

#2 Feb 21, 2009
why yes
oh please

Alliance, OH

#3 Feb 21, 2009
they are refugees, they dont get lots of cash. do some research. don't perpetuate the redneck way of thinking. just wondering, i am not aiming my sarcasm at you. just be aware bosnians do not get huge incentives for being forced out of their country. a lot of bitter close minded people started all these myths.
Just Asking

Knoxville, TN

#4 Feb 21, 2009
I was told that they start with a perfect credit score. That is why they buy homes as soon as they get here.
oh please

Alliance, OH

#5 Feb 21, 2009
sorry, no. they start with no credit score. they use letters of credit from utilities to help build a credit score. they do not buy houses as soon as they get here. usually takes between 5-7 years to build up a credit score and then they are able to buy a house. they are really hard workers, as is their custom many family members live together and all work numerous jobs and so they all contribute to bills, down payment etc. they do not have the lax attitude towards bills that so many of us americans have and therefor have perfect payment histories. they work very hard for what they get and earn it just liek the rest of us.
Milly

Alliance, OH

#6 Feb 21, 2009
Doesn't everyone understand that we are all God's Children. When will all the name calling, race hateing, and half truths end. It is enough to make you so sick. Our Preacher preached last sunday on controlling your tounge. And that you could do just as much damage with your tounge as you could with a gun. Maybe it would be good if the person that asked this question to start with studied the Bible a little more, and didn't spread all the vile and posion.
Milly

Alliance, OH

#7 Feb 21, 2009
Oh Please, you must know as many of them as I do. You are so right. Unlike we Americans, they do not take everything for granted. We could and should take notes....
I hate NEONS

Alliance, OH

#8 Feb 21, 2009
This is as per my brother-in-law (bosnian refugee).

when he moved here, his family was given a home with no payments due for a year. Thy did not have to pay utilities or the like for some time either = NO bills. Medical cards & food stamps were given to them immediately also.

Their income was not taxed for an extended amount of time allowing them to spend money on necessities (vehicle, clothes, toiletry's, etc.)

Now they work and pay for everything just like any other american.
antichrist

United States

#9 Feb 21, 2009
Milly , it is your precious religion that caused the ethnic cleansing and genocide wich forced the bosnians out. Maybe if people didn't spread the vile and poison of religion this wouldn't have to happen again. Having said that my tax money should not be spent bringing them here and offering so many inncentives. The incentive you get is you get to live. How you do that is on you.
peanuts

Canton, OH

#10 Feb 21, 2009
I was told by a bosnian neighbor that they are given a house to live in for seven years, no taxes for seven years, found a job to work, paid all expenses to travel here.They are good neighbors,lawns mowed, children polite,quiet ..
lol

Alliance, OH

#11 Feb 21, 2009
and the redneck intelligence rages on. antichrist needs no rebuttal, let him wallow in his whole ignorance is bliss world. and peanuts your neighbor is obviously messing with your head. a lot of the bosnians did get a plane ticket out of the genocide. the majority came here with nothing but the clothes they were wearing. some came here from germany after their asylum there ended and germany forced them out.
I hate NEONS

Alliance, OH

#12 Feb 21, 2009
hey lol... you're still WRONG! I have bosnian family who were given everything by the government that you say they don't.

so i have proof, you have your word...
peanuts

Canton, OH

#13 Feb 21, 2009
Well now the thing is where I live is full of more Boosnisans than any other and the main thing is that after living here for several years many can't speak more than a few words of
English.
Get real

Alliance, OH

#14 Feb 21, 2009
peanuts wrote:
I was told by a bosnian neighbor that they are given a house to live in for seven years, no taxes for seven years, found a job to work, paid all expenses to travel here.They are good neighbors,lawns mowed, children polite,quiet ..
Are you shitting me? Have you been to Stonehenge(Bosnian Ghetto)? It is crazy over there!
Bosnian

Alliance, OH

#15 Feb 21, 2009
I am Bosnian, I speak English and German fluently. My family was forced to flee Bosnia. We did not want to leave but we did not wish to die either. I lost my father and my uncle during the war. We were not given a house or anything else. We were assisted in finding employment, obtaining a medical card and food stamps as well as Section 8 housing. We all pay taxes, work full time and after 6 months of being in the states no longer received any sort of federal assistance. You can all contact the refugee center as well as your local government to find out the facts if you are concerned your tax dollars are being spent giving us Bosnians a free ride.
justsayin

Smiths Grove, KY

#16 Feb 21, 2009
I don't know about the loan stuff, but I there are several Bosnian ladies in my office, and they don't pay taxes. They live a very well for people making 30K or so per year.
smith

Atlanta, GA

#17 Feb 21, 2009
i hate neons ,are you still online?
justsayin

Smiths Grove, KY

#18 Feb 21, 2009
I will add that they are all very nice. I will add that I have become aquainted with several Bosnian people over the last 8-10 years, and I haven't met a "bad egg" yet. They are friendly, hard-working, and quite intuitive. I know there are people that have had different experiences, but I have not met any Bosnian people that were bad, in anyway.
just a thought

Bethpage, TN

#19 Feb 21, 2009
I hate NEONS wrote:
hey lol... you're still WRONG! I have bosnian family who were given everything by the government that you say they don't.
so i have proof, you have your word...
Hey maybe everybody didn't get the same deal!
Milly

Alliance, OH

#20 Feb 21, 2009
I know for a fact that they pay taxes. I figured payroll for a 50 person payroll weekly, and we had 4 that were from Bosnia. They had the same deductions as I did. So unless you have actually seen a payroll, or a check stub, you can not take some red neck's word third hand, that it is gospel. They are good people. Leave them alone. Try putting your self in their shoes. Maybe some day some one will try to cleanse our country and force you to another country. Then what will you be saying. Better make peace with your maker, because he and only he can save us.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Bowling Green Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 12 min Republicans Are S... 151,267
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 14 min Republicans Are S... 1,478
chris priddy 15 min chris p 16
Are you Happy? 20 min memyselfi 13
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr Ancient Wolf 81,599
Facebook 1 hr Jeannie 33
need help 2 hr Just me 15
home invasion? 9 hr Purple55 20
Rob Clayton Superintendent (Jun '13) 13 hr Who 105
•••
•••
•••

Bowling Green Jobs

•••