Bozotheclown

Canton, OH

#22 Nov 21, 2012
dont get it wrote:
<quoted text>Coach Taggart has given his entire adult life to this community. He is Bowling Green. Im proud that he represents us on a national stage.
You idiot!
Willie only went to school here and coached at Stanford until he received this opportunity. It's all about the career opportunity. Nothing wrong with that!
As for how he represents WKU on the national stage, could speak a little more professionally.
Basically, your comment shows your small time ignorance. That's ok, you just don't know better.
You poor thing.
dont get it

Bowling Green, KY

#23 Nov 21, 2012
Bozotheclown wrote:
<quoted text>You idiot!
Willie only went to school here and coached at Stanford until he received this opportunity. It's all about the career opportunity. Nothing wrong with that!
As for how he represents WKU on the national stage, could speak a little more professionally.
Basically, your comment shows your small time ignorance. That's ok, you just don't know better.
You poor thing.
He wasnt an assistant coach at WKU for years until his two year tenure at Stanford? Pretty sure he was an assistant at WKU for 7-10 years prior to Stanford, so you're wrong there.

He's being listed as one of the top up and coming coaches in the country. He is well liked and respected in the coaching community. He has said some dumb things but so does everyone who speaks publicly enough. His teams are organized, plays hard and stays out of trouble.

Nice try though.
Well now

Bowling Green, KY

#24 Nov 21, 2012
dont get it wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasnt an assistant coach at WKU for years until his two year tenure at Stanford? Pretty sure he was an assistant at WKU for 7-10 years prior to Stanford, so you're wrong there.
He's being listed as one of the top up and coming coaches in the country. He is well liked and respected in the coaching community. He has said some dumb things but so does everyone who speaks publicly enough. His teams are organized, plays hard and stays out of trouble.
Nice try though.
6 weeks ago he was the coach that everyone was talking about because he was 5-1. He's gone 1-4 since then and everyone is quiet. He will take this mediocre school to another mediocre record. He is overrated.
FappyTheClown

Bowling Green, KY

#25 Nov 21, 2012
Bozotheclown wrote:
<quoted text>
You idiot!
You poor thing.
....from one clown to another......THANKS!!!!!
dont get it

Bowling Green, KY

#26 Nov 21, 2012
Well now wrote:
<quoted text>6 weeks ago he was the coach that everyone was talking about because he was 5-1. He's gone 1-4 since then and everyone is quiet. He will take this mediocre school to another mediocre record. He is overrated.
Is that why his name has been brought up at California? I agree, he has more to prove before deserving a huge raise but the guy can coach and will only get better with time.
Bozotheclown

Canton, OH

#27 Nov 21, 2012
He can coach. He will never get a significant shot at the big time until he can talk without marbles in his mouth.
That is my point. His loyalty to BG is only as good as the paycheck. That's ok, no different than anyone of us in the business world.
But, please don't tout his great loyalty to the BG area. Just a paycheck.
dont get it

Bowling Green, KY

#28 Nov 21, 2012
Bozotheclown wrote:
He can coach. He will never get a significant shot at the big time until he can talk without marbles in his mouth.
That is my point. His loyalty to BG is only as good as the paycheck. That's ok, no different than anyone of us in the business world.
But, please don't tout his great loyalty to the BG area. Just a paycheck.
If that's all of us, why not give the man some credit? He's on the national stage at a level greater than anyone in our community other than Rand Paul and has a good reputation. He will grow as a coach but the racism and badmouthing is ridiculous ( I think that some of that is the BG way too though.)
Well now

Bowling Green, KY

#29 Nov 21, 2012
dont get it wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why his name has been brought up at California? I agree, he has more to prove before deserving a huge raise but the guy can coach and will only get better with time.
Yeah California is serious about Willie.

"I'm not sure if Hayes knows what he's talking about with Taggart, who is probably the most overrated candidate on this list. He's had his moments, but I VERY much doubt our AD will take a pretty big risk and hire a coach who's gone 12-10 in the Sun Beast."
Well now

Bowling Green, KY

#30 Nov 21, 2012
dont get it wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's all of us, why not give the man some credit? He's on the national stage at a level greater than anyone in our community other than Rand Paul and has a good reputation.
National stage? Ha ha ha!! He has a slim chance to go to UK to take over that dump of a program and that's the only notable school that has a legitimate interest in him. He's the subject of lots of gossip, but let's not forget that it's nothing more than gossip.
Bozotheclown

Canton, OH

#31 Nov 22, 2012
No racist statements by me about Willie.
He just needs to talk and act more professionally if he wants the "national stage". Fact
He's an ok coach, time will tell.
Just stop blowing smoke up my blown pants about how good and loyal he is.
WKU will show a loss of loyalty if his record does not improve.
That's college football. Now maybe if he could teach the FB team to dribble.....
Steve

Duluth, GA

#32 Nov 22, 2012
I just don't understand how they have choked at the end of the year??? 3 home losses in a row against sub par teams is a fire the coach streak in my opinion. Seems as if they took a step back this year, but 7-5 or 6-6 keeps him probably for another few seasons.
dont get it

Bowling Green, KY

#33 Nov 22, 2012
Bozotheclown wrote:
No racist statements by me about Willie.
He just needs to talk and act more professionally if he wants the "national stage". Fact
He's an ok coach, time will tell.
Just stop blowing smoke up my blown pants about how good and loyal he is.
WKU will show a loss of loyalty if his record does not improve.
That's college football. Now maybe if he could teach the FB team to dribble.....
Not blowing any smoke, stating facts.

If his name is being mentioned, there is interest. This team has imploded this season but they will correct that. Taggart won't go anywhere just yet but his name is mentioned in seemingly every job opening and was brought up in several last season as well ( Illinois UCLA.)
Well now

Bowling Green, KY

#34 Nov 22, 2012
It looks like Willie's one man fan club is on the case LOL! Did you miss the part where they, with "they" being people who have a clue about college football, point out how overrated he is?

He is the Tim Tebow of coaches. He has a very loyal following no matter how average he is.
Herman Becker

Duluth, GA

#35 Nov 23, 2012
Athlon Sports has Willie on the list that's 15 deep for the Tennessee job. He won't get it but his name is popping up for open jobs
BGNative

Alliance, OH

#36 Nov 23, 2012
Well now wrote:
It looks like Willie's one man fan club is on the case LOL! Did you miss the part where they, with "they" being people who have a clue about college football, point out how overrated he is?
He is the Tim Tebow of coaches. He has a very loyal following no matter how average he is.
Can you post a link where you have seen these comments from those who think or "point out" that Willie is "overrated"?
Well now

Bowling Green, KY

#37 Nov 23, 2012
Herman Becker wrote:
Athlon Sports has Willie on the list that's 15 deep for the Tennessee job. He won't get it but his name is popping up for open jobs
So do lots of other names who are about as bleh as Willie Tebow.
Well now

Bowling Green, KY

#38 Nov 23, 2012
BGNative wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you post a link where you have seen these comments from those who think or "point out" that Willie is "overrated"?
http://www.californiagoldenblogs.com/2012/11/...

Even the guys that are demonstrably better than him are nobodies.
Bozotheclown

Canton, OH

#39 Nov 23, 2012
You could say Fappytheclown is on the list. His chances are about the same as Willies. Willies star has set fellas. At least for this year.
dont get it

Bowling Green, KY

#40 Nov 23, 2012
Well now wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.californiagoldenblogs.com/2012/11/...

Even the guys that are demonstrably better than him are nobodies.
Charlie Strong and James Franklin are nobodies? Gary Anderson is a nobody? All three of those were highly thought of coordinators before being head coaches and are now considered solid head coaches.

Im not familiar with the other name that much but its been connected with the UK job.

Do you all know anything about college football or just taggart haters? How's your boy Elson doing?
Bozotheclown

Canton, OH

#41 Nov 23, 2012
dont get it wrote:
<quoted text>Charlie Strong and James Franklin are nobodies? Gary Anderson is a nobody? All three of those were highly thought of coordinators before being head coaches and are now considered solid head coaches.

Im not familiar with the other name that much but its been connected with the UK job.

Do you all know anything about college football or just taggart haters? How's your boy Elson doing?
I know quite a bit more than you and your blind allegiance to WKU.
It is not all about coaching you idiot. Raising money, and alumni relations are part of the job. Sorry, but until marble mouth steps it up as a professional, WKU is it. Compare him to Charlie Strong in an interview. I have made my point. No CA school is going to take an Ebonics speaking small time coach as head coach. Not until he gets professional. It's all about the money.
Keep that in mind. Elson's w/l record was based on moving up a division. You are comparing apples and oranges. At least argue from a position of logic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
child molester as a maintenance man??? 44 min always right 73
I have gave you many chances 1 hr papa 5
I am so happy and in love! 2 hr Thats Right 16
Nikki Bennett 2 hr NikkiFan 5
Dandy Andy 2 hr Debirah Woolyu'ns 1
Greedy Bendix Humans 3 hr Johnny Reb 12
homeless man that sits by crosslands church by ... 3 hr Mind Your Own 48
Twang n Round on WBKO 4 hr You Heard 34
purples! 16 hr SMH 28
Hit Cents Thu They Call Me Bad ... 80